I am in severe withdrawal today having returned yesterday from an amazing week in the paradise of Blue Osa. The food (thank you Marie for the best meals!) the surroundings, the quiet and the awesome nature on all sides. There was no fresh brewed coffee at 5:30 this morning or the very welcome sound of the breakfast bell. I'm ready to go back!
Aaron and his staff do everything that they can to make their guests feel like family- and it works. A special thank you to Marcela for the best massages I have ever had. She had her work cut out for her this week as Jesus was on vacation. She had a full schedule because many of us chose to come back for more! It is amazing that this delicate wisp of a woman can have such strong and talented hands. You are one of the natural treasures of Costa Rica.
Highly recommended: waterfall rappelling! And this is from a retiree who never thought she would, or could, make her way down a 100' drop. Unbelievable. The guides were professional and fun and kept all of us safe....and our group was a bit of mix of skills and fear levels to say the least.
And then there is just the beauty of sitting....and listening...and watching. No better way to vacation.
One caveat: the yoga retreat part is really a DIY piece if there is not a full-out retreat in residence. You will pay to rent a mat, but the space is beautiful and the props are plentiful. Well worth taking the time, especially in the silence of early morning.
To Aaron, Marie, Michael, Marcella and all of the other wonderful staff ....thank you thank you. I hope to be able to do this again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez