I had the wonderful good fortune of leading a yoga & shamanic retreat at the Blue Osa. Blue Osa came highly recommended. To say that it did not disappoint would be an understatement. Having traveled to many parts of the world it ranks right up at the top on my list of favorite places.
The food was fabulous, the kitchen is in the very masterful hands of the head chef Marie and her amazing team.
You could not ask for a more sublime setting and environment. You are surrounded on 3 sides by jungle, and the fourth side is the ocean. I had never thought of getting up at 4:45am as a treat, but it is at the Blue Osa...you can walk down to the beach for the daily ritual of watching the sun rising over the water. The howler monkeys are very helpful in getting you up on time for the sun rise. The Blue Osa dogs are sure to assist you whenever you feel like a walk on the beach. You are sure to see & hear the scarlet macaws during your idyllic, nurturing, and rejuvenating time spent at the resort.
Our group had come from all over the US, Canada, and Europe, so there were many wonderful conversations in English, French, and Spanish. Aaron and the rest of the staff did an excellent job making everyone feel very welcome and comfortable.
Blue Osa has a small and intimate feeling, and at the same time you can't help but be affected by the beauty and power of being strongly connected to the land and nature. What a heavenly and rare combination.
Being a yoga instructor and practitioner I now come to my only complaint about Blue Osa. They have made it impossible for me to teach or practice anywhere and not be a little disappointed. I have experienced some very nice yoga studios, but Blue Osa surpasses them all. They have created the most amazing yoga "deck" in the world, (or at least in my world). It is located up on the 2nd level. It is large, open, and full of light. As you practice you look out over the amazing grounds and out onto the ocean. You feel held by nature as you practice.
I look forward to leading my next retreat at The Blue Osa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez