Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
Agua Dulce Beach Resort(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$69
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
La Chosa del Manglar Nature Resort(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$44
Very Good 4/5
Cabinas Jimenez(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$54
Great 4.5/5
Las Islas Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$360
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
Oro Verde Hostel(Puerto Jimenez)
Very Good 4/5
Corcovado Beach Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsyogi aaronfarm to tablethe kitchen staffspa treatmentsteacher trainingevery meallife changingcosta ricafrench chefbeyond wordsan eco resortzip liningoctober novemberleft me feelingbeautiful spacedelicious foodhowler monkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I recently traveled with my boyfriend to Blue Osa after we bought a deal on LivingSocial and it was everything we could have asked for and more! The food was outstanding, the staff was generally very welcoming, and the excursions were divine! I would recommend visiting the Animal Sanctuary (you can't wear bug spray - just a heads-up!) and doing the Mangrove Kayaking Tour - both were outstanding and we saw humpback whales on both excursions. The yoga studio was also gorgeous and I would recommend taking a class or two. I would also recommend getting spa services while you're at Blue Osa (I got the coffee body scrub - WOW!). We met some truly wonderful people on this trip and I would definitely recommend visiting this place if you're looking to de-stress, clear your head, and be one with nature. Don't forget the bug spray and LOTS of sunscreen!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leah C
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I've returned to Blue Osa this year as a Yoga Retreat leader. Based on my experience last year I couldn't wait to introduce my students to the magic of this place. The moment you step off the plane you are greeted by the shuttle driver, he/she would not only drive you to the resort but was willing to make short stops during the ride for a monkey, macaw or hawk sighting.
Once you arrive to Blue Osa the blue gate welcomes you to a full body and mind experience. It was my second time here but the magic hasn't faded a bit. From the beautiful landscape, the comfortable and airy rooms, that crystalline pool inviting you for a soak even in the early morning, to the canine family, that joins you for beach walks even during sunrise meditation walks. Chef Jose and the rest of the kitchen staff did an amazing job again, I wouldn't expect any less form them. The power that the Yoga Deck has is only enhanced by the guests that Blue Osa attracts, we all come in as strangers and leave a family. This year we not only did the Chocolate Tour, the Zip-lining tour, again, but we also took the Matapalo Half-Day Hike tour. Fillo was an excellent guide and his sense of adventure and knowledge of the landscape will blow your mind. I will not spoil the surprise half way through the hike but I'm sure you'll be awed by nature once again. I encourage you to wake up your sense of adventure and join the Blue Osa family for a week or a month, you'll feel alive and restored and with the desire to return as soon as possible. Thank you Aaron and Adam for the vision, Michael for running everything so smoothly and making sure my students and I had the best experience ever, and to the rest of the family for being there for each one of us. I can't wait to see you all again in December, yes, December 2013. Lots of love and Namaste.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aljebedi
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Lovingly and superbly crafted, Blue Osa offers an incredible getaway for both yoga practitioners and vacationers. From small, but important details such as individual reading lights that won't bother your companion to deliciously creative meals, they thought out every detail. The 20m lap pool is brilliant, the yoga studio is gorgeous, the rooms are very charming. They landscaped the property so beautifully, it is a pleasure to behold. The staff is wonderful and helpful. The ocean, of course. And the sweet and well-behaved dogs. Wait till you are in the company of these animals--they help you to relax and be free. I was lucky to land the week an excellent yoga instructor was running his retreat (Alain Benitez from Philly). He made the yoga part of this experience fantastic. Thank you Blue Osa.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have more windows and should be more breezy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yuko U
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I remember looking at some of the reviews of TripAdvisor for Blue Osa before I left, and I recall some people talking about the lack of hot water. I had plenty of hot water in my shower. No problem whatsoever.

No problem at all with bugs either. I didn't even use the mosquito net over my bed. Very elegant and classy linens. I noticed the toilet paper was perfumed too - a very nice touch.

The food is EXCELLENT, and the cooks are very friendly. I felt sad in having to say goodbye to Olger, Rafa, Jose, and Chili.

The beach is great too, but I recommend walking down a bit from the part right in front of the hotel. Notice where it is not rocky at low tide, and go swimming there.

For the side tours, which cost extra, I recommend the chocolate tour and the half-day trek with Fio.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mills C
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Blue Osa was a lovely and relaxing home away from home during our recent trip to Costa Rica. Every detail was just perfect, from Michael's warm welcome, to the lovely gardens and grounds, the comfortable rooms and delicious, healthy meals. I want to return for cooking school! Thank you Aaron, Adam, Michael, Olger, Jess, Jesus and everyone at Blue Osa for your gracious hospitality. Pura Vida!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends