Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
Agua Dulce Beach Resort(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$78
Las Islas Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$78
La Chosa del Manglar Nature Resort(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$44
US$69
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Cabinas Jimenez(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$54
Priceline
US$383
US$360
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Iguana Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)
US$150
All reviewsyogi aaronfarm to tablethe kitchen staffspa treatmentsteacher trainingevery meallife changingcosta ricafrench chefbeyond wordsan eco resortzip liningoctober novemberleft me feelingbeautiful spacedelicious foodhowler monkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my first trip to Blue Osa for a life-changing yoga retreat. A tropical paradise where your surround by nature and filled with love. I nourished my body with fresh, healthy food prepared by a superb staff. My favorites were the coconut encrusted mahi-mahi, coconut lentils, and the chocolate coconut balls!!! I drifted off to sleep each night while listening to the ocean waves. Each morning, I would wake up early, anticipating yet another glorious sunrise. I want to extend my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to Aaron, the entire staff, volunteers and the cuddly big puppies at Blue Osa for creating this wonderful oasis! Pure Vida!

Room Tip: Room 5 has the greatest view for sunrise if you're feeling lazy and want a room with a view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I went to Blue Osa for a yoga retreat and had an amazing experience! The staff and facility embodied the spirit of Costa Rica. The cuisine was excellent -- fresh, healthy and tailor made upon request. The accommodations were peaceful and luxurious. Overall a superb experience. I would highly recommend and would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Arriving with no expectations to an exotic location for 7 days of yoga and happiness was one of the best experiences of my traveled and untraveled life. The Blue Osa provided a near perfect venue for our 7 days of mental, physical and spiritual bliss that offered more than just a bed to rest our heads on. The architecture and style of the Blue Osa combined beauty, respect, and thoughtfulness that I was grateful to return within moments of arriving. It goes without saying that the food was incredible - fresh, delicious, savory and healthy for your body (and our earth as well). Each night, as the chefs presented our meals, all of our 5 senses were delighted to savor the hard work and care that was delivered in preparing our food.

One of the highlights of staying at Blue Osa was spending time on the beautiful beach with our new found four legged companions. Pete, Steve and Rama are three goofy and playful dogs who love the ocean as much as I do and any place that understands the happiness and joy of animals is a great place in my books. It was such a pleasure to be welcomed by these three pooches.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brent V
blueosa, Owner at Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hi Brent

There is nothing that gives us more joy than to see our guests enjoy Rama, Pete and Steve. Thank you so much for not only making the journey to Blue Osa, but to also give our animals so much attention.

We hope you can make it back again sooner than later.

Blessings
Yogi Aaron

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My girlfriend and I have traveled to many places in the world doing yoga and staying at Eco retreats. I was concerned even before we arrived at Blue Osa because I had asked a simple question via email about the room and the only reply I received was a link to the resort web site. That was very cold and corporate. When we arrived the unfriendly staff seemed quite surprised and acted as if we were not expected. Once we signed in, we were told that the only other guests were a yoga group that had arrived days before us. We felt like outsiders to say the least. Then we were were each given a plastic cup with our names labeled on them (like summer camp ) and told to drink only the "filtered water" from the dining area. The water made me sick. We had already been in the county for a week and had not had any problems with water in CR until we arrived at Blue Osa. Our own water bottles stank like feces after we poured the water out. Michael, the manager in charge at check in showed us our room, which was very disappointing. No place to sit other than 2 double beds. It is obliviously not set up for a couple. With the heat & humidity and no fan (it is on a timer and turns off on its own) we were uncomfortable sleeping in the same small bed together. When we awoke after a horrible night's sleep on the below average beds and sheets, we were surprised to see and hear workers right outside our screened window at 7:00AM. NO privacy at all. The pool is tiny and will only accommodate one person doing laps. Our room was located next to an area where people congregate so when we were in our room we felt like we were never alone. Directly behind our room was a busy dirt road with noisy motorcycles and cars at all hours of the day. Though we were not feeling good about our arrival at Blue Osa, we decided to stay since it was late in the afternoon and we wanted to give it a chance. We thought the food and yoga might be excellent so it may be worth it. WRONG! The meal was basically rice and beans. When I went back to serve myself more guacamole, the staff looked at me crossly. Required silence for 2 hours in the morning from 6-8am??? The yoga experience was marginal at best. The instructor was in the middle of teaching a week long program/retreat for her students and did not give us one moment of attention. If we had been told before our arrival that her group was going to be the only other people, we would not have booked it. The other yoga instructor who is on staff is a lovely young woman named Valentina who was new to instruction, inexperienced and seemed nervous to teach. She guided a short portion of the yoga practice. I must admit that he elevated open-air yoga studio is spectacular, but after spending less than 20 hours at this resort, we decided to cut our loses. We told the manager that we were going to be leaving and requested a ride to Puerto Jimenez. He agreed to transport us to Agua Dulce, a hotel on the peninsula that we found on-line that had availability on short notice. However, just before we arrived at the destination, someone called our driver (who was NOT an official cab btw) and told him to charge us extra to actually be taken to the other hotel. Then the driver tried to rip us off by charging us more than the customary amount. This resort sure looks great on-line, but beware.... it is not as advertised. Perhaps a fun place for a rustic yoga retreat with a bunch of friends, but certainly not a comfortable yoga get-away for couples. We are cool with "rustic" but not at the all-inclusive price charged per day for this resort.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 413roberte
blueosa, Owner at Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

This reviewer is a con-artist who travels to hotels and lodges and invents a list of complaints so that they may get their money back. Knowing that this was their game, we refused to participate and as a consequence, they placed this review on our Trip Advisor page.

There is nothing that is accurate in this review therefor I can not respond to anything that they said. We have sincerely asked Trip Advisor to remove this posting. Any person who has looked at our past 216 reviews will immediately see the sincerely and truthfulness of this reviewer.

Every detail of what your experience will be like at Blue Osa can be found on our website, Facebook page, YouTube channel, Trip Advisor, and Blue Osa blog.

Blessings
Yogi Aaron

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The resort is completely off the grid and gives you a chance to enjoy the wildness of Costa Rica. The property sits between an endless beach and jungle - it is not a resort for the "all inclusive" crowd.

What else to expect?

(1) Fantastic Food - the ingredients are all sourced locally and the chefs are very accommodating with food preferences and allergies. There is lots of it and you'll feel like you are eating constantly.

(2) Great Staff - the resort is run by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers who love people, the resort and Costa Rica. They love to show off the country and have great tips on what to see and do based on your interests. Take the time to share your interests and they'll make your stay memorable.

(3) Spa - Everyone in our group could not stop talking about the great treatments they all received. Had the coffee scrub and a deep tissue massage - pure bliss.

(4) Stunning yoga studio - butterflies fly around the space as you are practicing and birds often perch on the window ledge and sing! Pretty awesome to hear the crashing surf during Savasana.

Other tips - be patient (you're here to slow down), do the boat ride to the animal sanctuary (the head of the sanctuary is VERY dedicated and the animals are great), if you can afford it do the fly in tour to Corcovado for the day.

Only area of improvement would be the resort needs another manager/assistant manager as Michael gets run off his feet. We were lucky to be a small group but I can see how a larger group would be much more challenging to keep organized.

Room Tip: If you can, get one of the rooms under the yoga studio. They are roomy, screened and quiet! The triples with a shared bath in the main building are also great but since it gets the afternoon sun, they can become quite hot. Other folks who stayed in the cabanas had to figure out how to deal with the mosquito nets and fans. These rooms however have the benefit of a hammock for hanging out.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends