My Husband and I have visited CBL twice this year, ( May and November). We have been on many vacations around the world, But not one quite like this one. May was my first trip and my husbands third, You are greeted at the airport by a crocodile bay employee and taken to a hotel for1 night, before flying into Puerto Jimenez. The Next morning the driver takes you to the airport for a short flight into puerto Jimenez, Which is an adventure in itself. You are greeted at the airport by another CBL employee and taken to the lodge, and greeted by a tropical drink and very friendly staff. My husband loves to fish so this trip I felt was more for him than me because I am not much into fishing. Well I was so wrong...We fished alright, but there are so many other things to do besides fish.. Their Eco Tour Employees are AMAZING. My husband had booked spa appointments, Which I also can't say enough about, We liked the spa so much we made extra Appointments.. The Next morning we went for breakfast, which was always Amazing food and the Staff was very friendly and Always happy and go out of their way to get you what you want. On our boat we had Melvin and Gerardo and they both made our fishing trips one to remember, Tuna Galore...along with other fish, Rooster Fish, Snapper, Dorado..That night the kitchen staff made us Sashimi with all the fixings and it was amazing..For dinner they made us the Snapper (Deep Fried) and I don't think I have eaten anything better. After several days of this top notch service from Housekeeping to Kitchen staff to waitress staff, Fishing Personal, I was HOOKED. The day we left we were checking out and saying our goodbye to everyone, I felt so emotional and attached and I have never felt this way on any of my vacations. After Many Tears the CBR staff took us to the airport, and stayed with us until we were on the plane..
After we arrived home, We knew we needed to go back real soon. So we booked another trip for the end of November and Stayed for 8 Nights. Again arrived and was greeted by who we feel are like family. We booked 5 Days of fishing, Eco tours and Spa appointments.
Fishing again was amazing. My goal this trip was to catch a Sail Fish, Rooster Fish, and I caught both. My Husband wanted the Lady in the Blue Dress..Well he got her, Melvin our captain estimated it to weigh between 650 to 700 lbs.. Yes I had one Happy Husband.. We caught many other fish, Dorado, Tuna, Marlin, Sailfish, Snapper and other fish I can't remember..We took the Eco tour to the wild animal sanctuary and was greeted by a monkey named Sweetie, and then again I felt like I was in Heaven. Many days here we fished, spa, eco tours and decided we would go into town and eat at a local place and Had a great time with all the local people and had a fantastic meal and danced the night away..
The Morning we left yet again felt the emotions coming on saying goodbye to all these wonderful people, When saying goodbye Olympia said to me, think of it this way. This is home and I am gonna stay here and take care of home and your going back to take care of all you business, Then I will see you when you get back home..Olympia is the most amazing person and goes out of her way to make all the guest feel like Family..Thank You All for the most Amazing Vacation In Have Ever Been ON..Keep Up the Good Work..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive packages for World-class Billfishing offshore or Roosterfish, Snapper, & Dorado inshore. Kids love our 24 exclusive Ecotours - Corcovado Rainforest, Zipline, Mangrove Kayaking, & Moms love our luxurious state-of-the-art Spa with a full complement of 30+ Spa massages, facials and full body treatments. Set on 44 lush tropical acres in the bio-diverse Osa Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Atrapalo and Odigeo so you can book your Crocodile Bay Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crocodile Bay Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Crocodile Bay Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez