“Amazing Place..”

Crocodile Bay Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My Husband and I have visited CBL twice this year, ( May and November). We have been on many vacations around the world, But not one quite like this one. May was my first trip and my husbands third, You are greeted at the airport by a crocodile bay employee and taken to a hotel for1 night, before flying into Puerto Jimenez. The Next morning the driver takes you to the airport for a short flight into puerto Jimenez, Which is an adventure in itself. You are greeted at the airport by another CBL employee and taken to the lodge, and greeted by a tropical drink and very friendly staff. My husband loves to fish so this trip I felt was more for him than me because I am not much into fishing. Well I was so wrong...We fished alright, but there are so many other things to do besides fish.. Their Eco Tour Employees are AMAZING. My husband had booked spa appointments, Which I also can't say enough about, We liked the spa so much we made extra Appointments.. The Next morning we went for breakfast, which was always Amazing food and the Staff was very friendly and Always happy and go out of their way to get you what you want. On our boat we had Melvin and Gerardo and they both made our fishing trips one to remember, Tuna Galore...along with other fish, Rooster Fish, Snapper, Dorado..That night the kitchen staff made us Sashimi with all the fixings and it was amazing..For dinner they made us the Snapper (Deep Fried) and I don't think I have eaten anything better. After several days of this top notch service from Housekeeping to Kitchen staff to waitress staff, Fishing Personal, I was HOOKED. The day we left we were checking out and saying our goodbye to everyone, I felt so emotional and attached and I have never felt this way on any of my vacations. After Many Tears the CBR staff took us to the airport, and stayed with us until we were on the plane..

After we arrived home, We knew we needed to go back real soon. So we booked another trip for the end of November and Stayed for 8 Nights. Again arrived and was greeted by who we feel are like family. We booked 5 Days of fishing, Eco tours and Spa appointments.
Fishing again was amazing. My goal this trip was to catch a Sail Fish, Rooster Fish, and I caught both. My Husband wanted the Lady in the Blue Dress..Well he got her, Melvin our captain estimated it to weigh between 650 to 700 lbs.. Yes I had one Happy Husband.. We caught many other fish, Dorado, Tuna, Marlin, Sailfish, Snapper and other fish I can't remember..We took the Eco tour to the wild animal sanctuary and was greeted by a monkey named Sweetie, and then again I felt like I was in Heaven. Many days here we fished, spa, eco tours and decided we would go into town and eat at a local place and Had a great time with all the local people and had a fantastic meal and danced the night away..
The Morning we left yet again felt the emotions coming on saying goodbye to all these wonderful people, When saying goodbye Olympia said to me, think of it this way. This is home and I am gonna stay here and take care of home and your going back to take care of all you business, Then I will see you when you get back home..Olympia is the most amazing person and goes out of her way to make all the guest feel like Family..Thank You All for the most Amazing Vacation In Have Ever Been ON..Keep Up the Good Work..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeighanneNunes

Reviewed 21 November 2011

My wife and I just got back from four days at the Crocodile Bay Resort. We enjoyed the staff, facilities, dining and the fishing. We got skunked the first day of fishing, but it was not due to a lack of effort from the boat crew. The second day was a success from my perspective. The resort staff had time to mix with the wife and I since we visited in advance of the busy season. I enjoyed them as much as the activities and facility amenities. The resort is dedicated to the sport fisherman (generic), but with the Spa and other eco activities I can strongly recommend it to couples wanting to unwind from their busy life. There is no TV or internet connection in the room, and I could not get a cellular connection with the Verizon iphone. We had a great time.

Room Tip: An upstairs room will give a better field of view from the balcony for observing the bird life.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Just getting to the resort is an adventure of itself. We flew into Puerto Jimanez early in the morning from San Jose, the largest city in Costa Rica. Upon our arrival, the staff was waiting with a cold beverage when we checked in. We were escorted to our rooms, changed clothes, grabbed our great breakfast, and taken to our fishing boat that was ready to go. We fished 2 of the 3 days we were there, (in late December and early January), and though the fishing wasn't so good, my husband has been here several times and always had great luck.

The rooms are neat, have everything you need, though are a little rustic, which is no surprise. It is a fishing resort. Guests have access to a pool, hot tub, poolside bar, inside bar, and clothing/sourvenir shop. The spa on the premises is excellent. I had the hot stone massage and fell asleep! It was just what I needed to de-stress.

While fishing, we encountered a school of dolphins that numbered no fewer than thousands. They were very entertaining. Each time out we saw numerous schools of them. On the day we didn't fish, we had a great experience with a zip line adventure in the middle of the rain forest. On one tree stand, we looked up and there was a sloth a few feet from us. I've done other zip lines and this is my favorite so far. In the afternoon, we took boats out with snorkeling gear and well stocked coolers. There is also a rainforest tour of the Osa Peninsula that boasts over half of biological species living in Costa Rica. That is on my list for my next visit.

One favorite thing was climbing up to the hot tub at the end of the day with a mango dacquiri, and watching the colorful macaws flying back and forth in the trees.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I had an excellent time at Crocodile Bay Resort in August 2011. The staff was outstanding, the lodging was nice and the food was great. The fishing was really good too. I can hardly wait to go back again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Crocodile Bay is a world class offshore and inshore fishing resort BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! We are not a fishing family but we wanted to give it a go. Our main reason for going to Crocodile Bay was to explore the Osa Peninsula and the trips and excursions laid on by the hotel are fantastic with the very knowledgeable guide Dennis. We all learnt so much about the rainforest and nature in our short stay here. Back to the fishing - what an experience! We went inshore as it was not the season for deep sea fishing. Our captain and crew were very good at providing a day tailored to our level and interest. We caught 15 Roosters, 1 Snapper and 1 Blue Jack. The Roosters went back, but the others came back to shore and were cooked for our supper. A great destination for a family looking for an active and adventurous holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room in the cabins.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My wife and I traveled to Crocodile Bay and did not expect what we found in store. Greeted by the friendly staff with a cold beverage was just what we needed after a long flight. The manager quickly booked us into the spa for massages. Relaxed and refreshed the spread they put out for dinner was nothing short of amazing. All week we ate fresh seafood and lounged poolside after our daily adventures. The staff here was like our family after this trip. Each day we departed to fishing, zip lining, surfing, visiting the animal preserve, boat tour of the bay, spa pampering, really there is something for everyone. We have all our photos up in our house to remind us of how amazing of a trip this was.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My trip to CBR rates as the most adventurous trip I have been on and I've been to some great places. The main reason for the trip was to fish but we experienced so much more. The fishing was great both off shore and in shore with surfing, hiking, zip lining and exploring San Jose the small town of Puerto Jimenz in between. The service was great as they picked us up from the airport in San Jose and continued to take 1st class care of us throughout our stay at CBR and safely returning us back to San Jose. Great spot if looking for an adventure.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Cabinas Jimenez
#2 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez
Lapa Rios Ecolodge Osa Peninsula
La Chosa del Manglar Nature Resort
La Chosa del Manglar Nature Reso...
#7 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez
Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
#1 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez
Las Islas Lodge
Las Islas Lodge
#5 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez

Been to Crocodile Bay Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort? Share your experiences!