“Awesome Fishing and Spa”

Crocodile Bay Resort
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A group of 4 couple just returned from Crocodile Bay...the guy's fished for three days while our wife's went to the spa and laid by the pool. We toured the rainforest with Dennis and Diego what a great adventure these guys really know their stuff. The staff at the resort were awesome,Olimpia, Florie and Maria we the best....they truly understand what customer service should be....the meals were awesome...loved the way they cooked the fish we caught. German and Hunberto were awesome captains that put us in fish and worked hard to meet our desires.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gregh616
There are newer reviews for Crocodile Bay Resort

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Crocodile Bay as a 60th birthday present for me. I like to fish and my wife likes to enjoy the natural world. Boy, were we in for a treat. The fishing was great and the rain forest was everything we'd imagined. We zip lined and enjoyed the spa as well. I would like to single out Sean for taking care of our itinerary, which went seamlessly, and Olimpia, who made us feel more than welcome. The rest of the staff is the most professional and capable group you could assemble, and to a person, they all made us feel that our pleasure was the most important thing they had to see to. We will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 22 March 2014

First let me say that Sean did an amazing job with our booking and all pre trip arrangements, great communication and customer service. Next let me thank Olympia for the great job of welcoming us and ensuring that all our requests were taken care of on a daily basis. Todd Staley runs a sensational operation, and the staff is friendly and genuinely a pleasure to deal with. The facilities are kept very clean and the grounds are manicured and the entire property including boats are immaculate. Now the important part for me, the fishing was INCREDIBLE! I have been very fortunate to have fished in a lot of fishing lodges/resorts around the world, and this is definitely one of the very best. Our Capt. Francisco and deck technician Umberto were EXCELLENT! As a team, they were super knowledgeable and shared their expertise freely. Both have terrific personalities and amazed me on how well they work together to put us on fish all day. They fished hard and produced some of the best results. We were high on the leader board most of the time. They catered to our requests and fulfilled multiple bucket list items. My brother and best friend Matty and I each got our first Sailfish on fly. I caught my first Rooster fish (estimate 35 lbs.) and we had several double digit Sailfish days, what else could anyone want. All captains practice environmentally conscious catch and release. Crocodile Bay has lots to do for everyone in your family, a world class Spa, Eco-tours, zip lining, great swim up bar, and abundant wild life (Bring your camera). Crocodile Bay is a very special place that I can highly recommend, and I can say for sure that I will definitely return.
Pura Vida,
Mario S.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mario S
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Brian in the California Office will handle all your arrangements seamlessly, from best times of year to your personal requests. Upon arrival you feel as you are welcomed home, from the lovely greeting by Olimpia, to the staff, whom are all great. Tour guides, Dennis & Diego, Boat Captain & deckhand, all excellent Come see for yourself why Crocodile Bay has a high return guest ratio and experience the True Costa Rica !

PURA VIDA,
JAMIE & PETER BUNDY

Room Tip: All rooms have patios or decks, and noise is not an issue as you are surrounded by Nature.
3  Thank Jamie B
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I just wanted to take the time and tell others about my great trip to Crocodile Bay resort. I have been able to travel all around the world for fishing and i would rate this resort at the top. My Crocodile Bay experience went beyond just fishing, which alone is worth the trip but also included zip lining, snorkeling and nature hikes. Since my wife travels with me a lot, having these options helps make it more enjoyable for couples. We started out our trip by snorkeling with Diego and then taking a monkey tour. That was followed up by 3 days of fishing. The first day of fishing didn't turn out so well due to boat issues. However, the management at the resort didn't think that was acceptable. Once we got back to the dock, we were met by Todd, who is in charge of fishing and he upgraded our boat for our troubles. At dinner, the GM found us and wanted to apologized for the issues with the boat. He added a free day of fishing to our package as well a free day of zip-lining and a massage.

This is the type of service and effort everyone gave us at the resort. If we wanted do something, they tried their hardest to get it done. I have been at other resorts were any changes to your original plans are not accepted or cost extra. Every individual at CBR went above and beyond to ensure our stay exceeded our expectations! My wife and I will definitely return for the fishing, the resort AND the people! Go see them, you will be happy you did!

3  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was our 7th or 8th trip to CB... could go other places; but we choose to visit a place known for quality and service.

Capt. Allan helped Mark catch his first sail on a fly - what a thrill! The rest of the fishing experience with Allan was equally fabulous - being at the top of the catch & release board several days in a row bears out Allan's ability to find fish. The gear and boats are top notch and well maintained. Being out on the water is a National Geographic experience. Todd does a great job of managing a safe, personalized fishing experience for every guest.

Spa services are also amazing - they'll make you feel 20 years younger! At home, we aren't typically "spa folks"; but we're so glad we discovered how wonderful and restorative CB's modern facilities can be. Professional spa staff can bring a whole new sense of peace to your body and mind.

There are many things to do even if you don't opt to fish... eco tours are numerous and handled by experienced guides who delight in sharing this beautiful piece of the Osa. Even just a walk around the lodge grounds will provide an intriguing wildlife experience. If you're a walker; be sure to put an early morning trip to Playa Preciousa on your "to do" list.

Food was wonderful. The chef graciously accommodated some special requests... tropical fruits and veggies abound. Ingredients are fresh; servings are plentiful. We enjoyed freshly caught Mahi Mahi, tuna, and wahoo grilled as well as in traditional ceviche, sushi and sashimi preparations... all wonderful and beautifully presented. Olimpia & staff really took care of us and the girls in the dining room & bar made is feel like royalty.

We've traveled to many places around the world; but the service and overall experience at Crocodile Bay continues to place at the top of our list... helpful; welcoming; and efficient. We feel like family when we visit and are happy to return each year to a "sure bet".

Room Tip: We prefer the upstairs rooms on the arboretum side - easier to watch the scarlet macaws eating in th...
2  Thank Ticolover
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband, an avid angler who has traveled many countries, arranged our trip to Crocodile Bay with the goal of landing a sailfish on a fly. We have traveled to Africa, Alaska, the Caribbean, Mexico and he has been to CR before and other Central and South American countries all centered around fishing. I was floored at being greeted with Olympia singing to us and mango daquiris waiting. All of the staff was very warm and attentive and remembered your favorites. There were many options for our non-angling days from zip-linging the canopy to monkey hikes to snorkeling to night hikes. The spa that is on property is one of the best I have ever been to!! The rooms, pool, bar and entire property are beautiful with plentiful birds and frogs to see. Diego, who was our eco-tour guide, was so educated and had such a great sense of humor! And to top it all, I caught my first ever sailfish!! I could go on and on and on! We will definitely be returning and bringing our two boys along with us next time!! Diego, Wilber, Fransisco, Olympia, Steifer, Flory, Marcella and of course, Beau, Todd and Will were some of the most wonderful people we have met during our travels and truly want to make your trip unforgetable!! Thank you Crocodile Bay!!

4  Thank Trisha H
#6 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez
El Remanso Lodge
El Remanso Lodge
#3 of 43 in Osa Peninsula

Been to Crocodile Bay Resort? Share your experiences!