I have gone to Crocodile bay 3 years in a row. I have fished in Cancun, Cabo San Lucas several times, Acapulco, Florida, Alaska, and extensively along the Texas, coast. The first time I took this trip I was blown away at how good it was which prompted me to go back over the last two years. I fly to San Jose and after going through customs there is always someone waiting with our parties name ready to load our luggage and take us to our hotel in San Jose for the night. That individual has always been at our disposal to help us in any way we want with dinner arangements, shopping or whatever. They pick us up in the morning and take us through the process of getting us on a plane to Puerto Jimenez on the Oso Peninsula via Nature Air Airlines. Taking a small engine plane at lower altitude through the mountains and along the coast of Costa Rico is a treat on its own. When we land 7-7:30am we are again greeted by staff of Crocodile Bay and taken to the resort to check in. Waiting at the front desk is a local tropical frozen drink and a small card for me to fill out. The drink can can have alcohal added to it if you like. The organization of the resort is outstanding. We get changed and then fish that same day. On our tripple tower Strike 33 Diesel were off for bay or deep sea fishing at our request.. The boat is fully loaded with more food and drinks than we could ever eat on the 8 hour trip. They make sure there is no way that you will run out of food, drinks, bait, or fun. The fishing is great. Boats are clean, equipment is well maintained, and crews are knowledgable and professional. When we return we shower up hit the pool eat some apitizers, have a few drinks and get ready for dinner. There is a spa on site as well. Crocodile bay offers more activities then I have used first hand. I primarily fish. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There are no tv's, radio's which I prefer. We get a large room that sleeps 4. The airconditioner can freeze you out or you can keep it warm if you prefer. These rooms are not "Resort" style like a Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton etc. They are basic but very clean and comfortable with large Veranda's both top and bottom that allow for good conversation with friends at the end of the night. In the morning we do breakfast around 6:30 am. Basically they will make whatever you want. We have been when they have the breakfast buffet and have ordered from the menu. The food is primarily local cuisine with fresh fish available daily. This is one of my favorite parts of the trip because I enjoy there food so much. The service is always excellent. Dinner is the same. Each day the staff will come by and take your order for what you want on the boat to eat the next day, fresh water melon, mango, pinnaple, roast beef sandwiches, water, chips, cookies, beer, a bottle of vodka with limes, whatever you want. And again, they give you enough that you will never run out. This place is a first case fishing operation. This would not be the appropriate place to have a Ritz Carlton experience but if you want to get off the beaten path, are an avid salt water fisherman, want to do jungle tours and see what Southwestern Costa Rica is like it is an excellent choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive packages for World-class Billfishing offshore or Roosterfish, Snapper, & Dorado inshore. Kids love our 24 exclusive Ecotours - Corcovado Rainforest, Zipline, Mangrove Kayaking, & Moms love our luxurious state-of-the-art Spa with a full complement of 30+ Spa massages, facials and full body treatments. Set on 44 lush tropical acres in the bio-diverse Osa Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crocodile Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crocodile Bay Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Crocodile Bay Resort Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez