We stayed here for three nights in early December 2012. We stayed a poolside deluxe room one night, and then spent two more nights in the downstairs Rancho room. In between we spent a few nights in Corcovado, and Cabinas Jimenez was very helpful in storing our luggage (for free!) during our trip. Every single employee with whom we had contact was extremely nice and friendly, and they seemed very genuine, not like they were just being nice because they were paid to. The grounds were really well kept, and location was perfect for us! The hotel was a short walk from the main street, and also a short walk to another street by the ocean that had a lot of restaurants, so it really didn't matter that there was not an on-site restaurant. I remembered reading some reviews that mentioned noise from a disco across the bay, but we were there on a Friday and Saturday night and didn't hear anything. We enjoyed the free use of the kayaks, kayaking through the mangroves one morning and down the ocean another morning, and riding the bikes to Playa Plantanares one afternoon.
The poolside deluxe room was not the smallest we stayed in during our Costa Rica trip, although it's not huge. The AC unit is in the bathroom, and while the bathroom was noticeably cooler than the rest of the room, it cooled well enough that we turned the AC off during the night. The room had a nice mural painted on one of the walls, which really brightened up the room. The shared patio outside the poolside deluxe rooms had comfy furniture, lights, and ceiling fans, and even a view of the ocean.
The downstairs Rancho was a splurge for us, and it was definitely worth it. The room is pretty big, especially for just two people. The bathroom is really nice, with nice tile work and a huge shower. As for the "hot" water- there's a trick to actually getting hot water, which I didn't learn until I bothered to read the hotel's guide book in the room. The room has a microwave and a fridge. The woodwork in the room is amazing- there are different animals carved on each of the doors. The AC unit is in the room, and was really cold. We slept with the AC off in this room also. The room also has a large, private patio overlooking the ocean. The only negative about the downstairs rancho was that you can hear every footstep of the people staying above you. Luckily whoever was above us seemed to go to bed as early as we did, so we didn't have any problems with this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabinas Jimenez is located on the Osa Peninsula, in Puerto Jimenez, on a quiet street at the edge of Puerto Jimenez, and directly on the Golfo Dulce. Comfortable new beds and linens, A/C, hot showers, mini-fridge, coffee makers are just a few of the amenities offered. A new pool, free wireless internet, kayaks, bicycles, and a cheerful and helpful staff will make your stay at Cabinas Jimenez truly memorable! Explore Corcovado National Park, Go Fishing, Surfing…Come and explore all the Osa has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cabinas Jimenez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Jimenez Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Cabinas Jimenez Puerto
- Cabinas Jimenez Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez