It's nice when a "home base" starts to feel like home. This was our second stay at Cabinas Jimenez, and we had fond memories of exploring beautiful Golfo Dulce in John's boat and learning our way around Puerto Jimenez on bumpy bicycles.
This time, having spent the previous week in a rustic tent and traveled by bus all day, we arrived at Cabinas Jimenez like it was a sanctuary. Clean dry beds, efficient fans or air conditioning, warm water showers, an in-room refrigerator... all this would have been comfort enough, but the friendly staff warmed our hearts with helpful tips, directions to dinner and a giant umbrella to get us on our way. They let us store a bag for a week while we hiked Corcovado and visited Carate, and they helped us sort out logistics of unexpected rains and closed roads.
On a sunny day, we helped ourselves to the hotel's kayaks and lounged by the pool. Another great attribute at Cabinas Jimenez are the other guests. Interesting conversations always are available among adventurous international travelers. This place just has easy, no frills character.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabinas Jimenez is located on the Osa Peninsula, in Puerto Jimenez, on a quiet street at the edge of Puerto Jimenez, and directly on the Golfo Dulce. Comfortable new beds and linens, A/C, hot showers, mini-fridge, coffee makers are just a few of the amenities offered. A new pool, free wireless internet, kayaks, bicycles, and a cheerful and helpful staff will make your stay at Cabinas Jimenez truly memorable! Explore Corcovado National Park, Go Fishing, Surfing…Come and explore all the Osa has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cabinas Jimenez reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabinas Jimenez Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Cabinas Jimenez Puerto
- Cabinas Jimenez Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez