Iguana Lodge
La Chosa del Manglar Nature Resort(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$44
Cabinas Jimenez(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$54
Agua Dulce Beach Resort(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$78
Las Islas Lodge(Puerto Jimenez)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
US$383
US$350
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pearlclub roompasta nightosa peninsulahowler monkeyscosta ricaother guestsnight soundsboogie boardsmeal planchef josetwo storyopen airceiling fantree housebeautiful beachno air conditioning
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Such a loving community of people at the Iguana Lodge. It was so peaceful, beautiful, and made me feel at home. I wish I could have stayed there forever. I 100% recommend this place as a perfect getaway on a honeymoon, vacation, retreat, wedding, or even a place to spend some alone time when needed. I will definitely be going back!! It was pure magic. Pura Vida!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed here May 4-9th, 2013 and June 4-9th, 2013. I loved every minute of the experience. The food was great, the rooms are great, the staff are terrific, and the local people are friendly. The owners of the place care about their customers and it shows in the service and natural beauty you will experience. The Osa Peninsula was my favorite area of Costa Rica and I can't wait to return during the peak season to experience a little more of the nature, but even during the off season it was still gorgeous. I will definitely be returning!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the club rooms and it would be extremely comfy for a single or couple.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jackie K
Reviewed 1 June 2013

You won't have a better experience on the OSA than if you stay at Iguana. Toby & Lauren and their amazing staff provided the perfect ending to another perfect trip to Costa Rica. The grounds and simple structures are all incredibly beautiful. The breakfast at the open air main building is sumptuous with freshly made everything. The on-site chef prepares beautiful food for dinner with your choice of dining locations - the elevated bamboo room over the main building, on the outside deck, in your room or at their restaurant. The bar and restaurant is the perfect setting for a casual lunch or dinner with an ocean view, live music on Friday nights for the whole family and amazing food. The yoga and massage studio are in a stunningly beautiful 2 story open air bamboo building that is elegant, but simple. The Casitas offer a beautiful and private setting amongst the lush grounds where you will find a deck and hammock, couch and rocker, a beautiful room with rainfall shower and a private bathroom. Their are miles of beach to enjoy. You may even get a four-legged escort by the resident dog - Spike. This is not a fancy resort with all kinds of amenities. It's simple and beautiful and a place to go to reconnect with nature and discover what it really means to relax. Pura Vidal!!

Room Tip: You have a choice of stand alone Casitas with a room on top and one below or one of the eight rooms above the restaurant which are just as nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was going to Costa Rica to stay with a friend, but she got called to the states on an emergency. So I was stuck in a strange place all alone. This is not how I felt after spending about 10 minutes at the Iguana Lodge. The people that work there were so friendly and helpful, and that spread to most of the guests. I have stayed at many "luxury" resorts where I spent far more money and received much less customer service. I would be happy to return many times in the future.

The lodge is beautiful. It fits in well to the location and doesn't feel intrusive. There is NO Air Conditioning. This is stated several times on the website and made me think long and hard before I went. Why there are people complaining about that, I don't understand. If you wanted AC, you should have booked at a place that doesn't brag about how it has NO AC! It was warm and humid, but not uncomfortable with the fans on. Perhaps in the hotter times it might be worse, but I had no problems.

I was in one of the rooms above the restaurant. I did not find it to be noisy due to restaurant noise. I was often awakened early in the morning by the birds and the Howler Monkeys, but I enjoyed that. The room was a bit small, but comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was terrific.

The food was exceptional! I signed up for the meal plan which allowed me to have the "family-style" dinner in the lodge. I am not a big fan of eating and making conversation with strangers. But the meals sounded delicious, so I took the chance. The lodge was not full when I was there, so the dinners were small, I was not uncomfortable and made some friends while there. The food was amazing, and well worth any discomfort caused by eating in a group with people I don't know. The chef is a magician!

The breakfasts were also amazing, the fresh fruit, coconut water, pastries, and eggs, etc were fresh and flavorful. Instead of eating alone, I often ended up eating with the people I had met at the lodge. (Because of the family-style dinners and the general friendliness of the place)

The Perla restaurant also had great food. Try the fried whole fish, so tasty! The staff was wonderful, they quickly felt like good friends and I will never forget how they made me feel at home and not at all alone. They also spoke very good English, but were happy to help me practice my Spanish.

The tours that were offered were varied and interesting. The prices were quite reasonable and everything was efficiently organized and planned. The spa was a real treat. Everything I did met or exceeded expectations.

The owners were quite busy with a big project to help the community while I was there, yet they were friendly, concerned, and helpful. They did not spend a lot of time with most of the guests, but they explained that they were busy and why, made themselves available if needed, and were never rude. Frankly, I have not stayed at a lot of places where you even knew who the owners were, so I was pleased with their attempts to ensure everyone was doing well even though they were very busy.

I saw very few bugs, no jellyfish or other problem creatures. The beach has not been tamed and dredged with reefs and sand added, so it is more like a real beach. If you are looking for manicured beaches and golf course-like landscaping, then the Iguana Lodge and the Osa are not for you.

It was one of the BEST vacations I have ever had and I would be happy to go back anytime.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 0Val0
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Nice experience at Iguana Lodge. Everything was perfect, the Location was the Best. The cabins are comfortable, the food was amazing. The Staff the Best of Costa Rica. Dont forget to visit this lodge. Were our Higlight Trip in costa rica. Pura Vida Mae

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple