“A magical paradise in the jungle”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Ocean Views
View from Punta Jaguar
Master Sink
Handmade Spiral Staircase
Brian Lovely, Co-Creator of this house gets bananas !
Second Floor Room
Second Floor room with two handmade closets and privacy door off of the spiral staircase
Root Dining Room Table
Fully Stocked Kitchen
Lounge and Kitchen
Amazing surf for all levels
Hosts
Adventures
Security
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 14 reviews

Reviews from our community

Stambo
Melbourne
“A magical paradise in the jungle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Words cannot adequately describe the incredible experience I had staying at Punta Jaguar. I almost had to pinch myself to believe it was real. There is just nothing else like it. Staying here is truly a special and magical experience. It is a towering, romantic, magnificent, beautifully-designed three story treehouse perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean surrounded by a tropical oasis in the Osa Peninsula. It has everything you need while still being true to nature and the area. The 360 degree views take your breath away and the wood design and features are simply stunning. You wake up to incredible sounds of the jungle each morning and are exposed to some of the most beautiful wildlife all around you. It is just a short walk down to the beach where you can relax and surf morning and night. You have complete privacy but are connected enough to the people and places around you that you never feel isolated. It is the perfect balance between a private tropical retreat and a jungle adventure. There are so many wonderful things to do and experience in the OSA. Eva and Brian are the loveliest hosts and made everything easy and comfortable. They know everyone around town so I met new lifelong friends during my stay - everyone was so friendly and inviting. Eva and Brian think of everything before you do and give great tips and advice for your stay in Costa Rica and at Punta Jaguar, which was a huge help. They checked in with me during my stay and were very responsive and thoughtful. They gave me recommendations for restaurants, activities, car hire – you name it. They even left stunning vases of flowers all over the treehouse for my birthday to make my stay extra special. They have a lovely caretaker on site who is a great resource for anything you need during your stay and you also have access to a travel company who can help you book anything you want to do while in the OSA. My trip at Punta Jaguar is one of the most special and magical trips I have ever done. You will never forget your stay here. I know I certainly won’t. It changed me in the most profound way possible. I cannot thank Eva and Brian enough for such a wonderful adventure and for allowing me to share in their magical paradise. I am already planning my next trip back to Punta Jaguar. I think it will be my annual (or bi-annual) retreat for a longtime to come. If you have the chance to stay here, you are one lucky soul.

5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Mar 2016
Rebecca, you are so kind to take the time to share your beautiful words with us. We miss you but know you will always carry the Pura Vida in your heart. Please come back any time!
Eva

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Ayshe D
Portland, Oregon
“The Hands-Down Coolest Experience You May Ever Have”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

I have had the very good fortune of travelling a lot of the planet for a lot of my 38 years (which sounds insanely pretentious, but bear with me, I am just trying to make a point :))…and I remember the moment during our stay when I looked at my husband and said, “I think this is the coolest place I have ever been.” I realize this is a bold statement. It’s like being able to pick your favorite song or name your ONE favorite food. But I’m not lying or exaggerating; our time here was hands-down the coolest thing I have ever done. While everything about this location in the Osa Peninsula is enchanting (you’ll even find yourself smiling about waking to the sound of howler monkeys)…at the center of this experience is the Punta Jaguar tree house. I saw in another review that this tree house is in reality a jungle-beach fantasy land that you may dream up in your head. What’s really cool is that it is actually what your hosts, Brian and Eva Lovely, dreamed up in their beautiful heads. It is tranquil luxury in the heart of the jungle. It is an architectural feat bound for Dwell magazine that exists off the grid (cause it’s solar-powered…righteous). It’s the one place on your worldly travels that you can actually drink the water (cause Brian and Eva bring in the water from natural spring nearby). Ultimately, it’s kind of like trying to write about an amazing smell or a delicious flavor, you have to trust me and the other reviewers when we say: it is a place of your dreams. The details and décor look as though a high priced interior decorator flew in materials from Paris or Morocco. But no…the furniture is entirely designed and built by your hosts (the appropriately named Lovely’s) using the wood from the jungle that surrounds you at Punta Jaguar. The bathroom sink is a giant half clam shell found on Matapalo Beach. The dining table is the trunk of a tree that fell near their home. The lighting and lanterns are from Little Rock, AK…Eva’s hometown. Every corner, every detail has a story…and they will all be ones you will want to someday, in turn, share with your loved ones.

Some tips:
1) I recommend you fly into Puerto Jimenez and rent your 4x4 there to drive to Punta Jaguar. Driving from San Jose takes the better part of a day and is only worth it if you have plenty of time and want to stop along the way. Otherwise, catch a prop plane from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez, rent your ride, stop at the B&M to grab groceries and head to Punta Jaguar! We will do this on our next visit.
2) Make sure you meet the whole family: Bandido (Brian and Eva’s awesome pup) and Wanbali (Brian and Eva’s awesome HAWK – yah that’s right.)
3) Take your hosts up on their additional services: they can stock your fridge on your arrival day or coordinate local adventures for a small fee. SO WORTH IT. We had a young man named Eddie (or whom I refer to as the Jungle Whisperer) take us on a jungle tour. It was that day that I said this was the coolest place I've ever been. You will repel down a waterfall on this tour. I'll leave it at that.
4) Hit up Martina’s (the sole local bar and restaurant) on Friday night to hang with locals, check out local art, and have homemade ice cream. I mean…whuuut?
5) Take many strolls down Beach Road. If you’re lucky, Eva may even draw you a map :-). Matapalo Beach is the most seductive with its righteous break for all you surfers, but Backwash Beach is my fave. Breathtaking.

5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities

madrid, Spain
“peaceful easy feeling...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

This property provided everything one would expect in this price point and delivered even more. Most of the places to stay on osa are either in town or on the beach. Punta Jaguar is up off the beach, away from all the places to rent on the beach below.
It's surrounded by rich primary rainforest and has the most stunning views of the ocean.
You can watch the moon come over the ocean and the the stars shimmer brightly.
I prefer a morning walk down the trail and a wander along the shore to swim and then come back up to the forest in the heat of the afternoon. Being able to buy our own food and eat how we want, when we want, makes a big difference for us. You're gonna feel like you've found one of those perfect places you can't wait to share with friends. Tell 'em I sent you !

Your age range 50-64
MahshadV
New York City, New York
“An unforgettable jungle adventure with all the creature comforts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

If you tried to create a fantasy jungle-beach dreamland in your head, it would look exactly like the Punta Jaguar Treehouse.

This place is next-level beautiful, with so much attention to detail and so much character and color and texture everywhere you look. Eva and Brian are impeccable hosts with style and grace, and they will help navigate you or leave you alone to appreciate the natural beauty in every corner. The view of Cabo Matapalo is unreal, and the natural jungle soundtrack is something I would pay to hear every night in my NYC apartment. One word of advice: don't overpack! And make friends with the hawk. He's the best.

You'll get more than your money's worth here. I would absolutely come back, and hopefully on a regular basis!! Thanks, guys!!

5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Bandido (the hosts' dog)
Liked least: The fact that we had to leave
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Feb 2014
Mahshad,

We can't thank you enough for such a wonderful review. We are so glad you had a great time with us! You were so fun and we definitely think you should come back and surf more. It was fun to see you catch your first wave! We sadly haven't seen the hawk in a few weeks. We hope he returns, we miss him! ( or her) We will send you a recording of the night in the jungle but hope you come back really soon to hear it live again!

Pura Vida!
Eva and Brian Lovely
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$350
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing