“few choices in town so this isn't bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Yunta Steakhouse - CLOSED

La Yunta Steakhouse
Cuisines: Central American, Steakhouse, South American, Costa Rican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“few choices in town so this isn't bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had a steak lunch here with some friends. There aren't many restaurants in Puntarenas so this is the place to go. The staff is friendly and helpful. They don't speak much english so you may want to bring a translator book or friend with you. The atmosphere is decent and much of the restaurant is open air.
The meat was cooked decently, however the cut of meat was a bit questionable. I would suggest asking for it to be cooked well done to lessen the chance of it making you sick. I had mine cooked medium and I was fine after, but I think any less than that could've been a real risk.

• Visited October 2012

Vernon, Canada
“Great Beef and better service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I went twice: once with my husband who did not get what he expected (the recipe is a bit different in central america apparently), so we traded 'cause I liked both meals. I went back to get a full share of the meal I originally ordered (you know .. the one my husband ate) and enjoyed myself all over again.

Visited June 2013
“So so at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Our service was good, meal came out timely, but the steak was not very good at all. The side dishes were good but that's about it. It was a loin steak that was very tough. However, great atmosphere and the views are wonderful. It is also a bit pricey for Puntarenas.

Visited July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“great view & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Excellent food & great view of the beach. Refreshing breeze coming off the ocean. We were on a road trip & had a late lunch there. Good service. We would definitely go back for dinner.

• Visited January 2013
Netherlands
“Very good food, big portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

They serve really good food in big portions. Nice side dishes are served. Delicious desserts! Friendly waiter. Nice place, all tables located on a big veranda with oceanview. Was really quiet when we had dinner (low season), but really don't understand, because this defnitely is the best place to have diner when you are in Puntarenas.

• Visited May 2012