“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Quepos
San Diego, California
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This place is in the thick of things in Quepos, surrounded by noise, traffic, & city stuff. But the room was clean and comfortable, with a functioning air conditioner and television. This is not a place we'd normally stay, because we like to stay in character-filled cabinas outside of the heart of a city, but it did the trick for a night. My husband had come down with a bad case of Costa Rican Delhi Belly the night before we arrived in Quepos, and we just needed a clean room with A/C where he could rest for the night. What made me really grateful for this hotel was Marta, the manager. She was incredibly patient with my sub-par Spanish, and helped my husband get the medical attention he needed. She was attentive and friendly when we needed it the most. If you like a more traditional hotel feel and being in the city, this is a good option.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Lovely pool on the roof, that was locked every time we wanted to use it. Nice flat screen tv that didn't work. Shower was cold, water pressure weak (which was good because there was less chance of water splashing the exposed electrical in the shower). Only 2 towels in the room (a double room with 2 women sharing), no floor towel, no hand towel, no face cloths. When we asked for extra towels, we practically had to beg and promised on our honour we wouldn't take them to the beach. There was a hotel safe available, too bad the staff weren't when we needed to get something. Door lock was awkward and took some finesse to work. Although there was a good air conditioner, the 1" gap in the window made it very inefficient. We saw a beetle in the room, otherwise it was clean. On a positive note, it was nice to have a fridge in the room, and the wifi worked well. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Quepos hotels

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The outside view of the hotel is very nice, and almost looks out of place for Quepos. The service was good, no complaints there.

The room was spacious, it had a TV, fridge, ceiling fan and working A/C. The bed was comfortable from what I remember. I stayed on the third floor, and had a nice view of the town. I used the chairs outside to hang clothes to dry for the night.

I noticed ants on one of the beds, so I had to dispose of them and toss the sheet on the floor. Later on I had to eliminate a beetle then escort a gecko out of the room. Later that night, the ants came back to the damp towel on the floor, so for me, this room had the most bugs I have ever seen.

The location of the hotel to the town was a good location, however later on I noticed many better hotels on the way to Manuel Antonio. On top of the roof of the hotel, there is a great little pool and a hot tub that wasn't very hot, it looks good, but not very functional.

There is a security guard that is posted at night by the hotel security gate that is partially closed. Watch out for the pack of street dogs outside the gate as they like to jump up and of course like to bark at all hours of the night.

This review is teetering on the border of average and poor.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Pretty bad. LaSirena was booked and didn't honor my reservation so they got me over to this place for cheap. Thnak god it was cheap. How about no closet? Suicide shower? That's what they're called there--electric heater hooked up to the shower head. Dark damp smelly. Don't do it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dick d
Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Had a good time, slept well. Room was clean and presentable. Bathroom had nice artwork and I liked how the beds were not stiff. Would recommend and come back again. I did 2 tours with them: Ocean Ranch Adventure Tours (horse riding, canopy zip lines, rappelling) and Manuel Antonio Catamaran Adventures (dolphin watching, snorkeling). Both tours were super fun!

Room Tip: I was at the bottom floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The recent reviews of this hotel were not promising but it seemed fine to me. The room was clean and spacious and the hotel's site near the middle of Quepos was more convenient than some of the places strung out along the road to Manuel Antonio. I rather liked the sounds from a live band next door (their version of Santana's Oye Como Va!) and there was no disturbance from this in the room itself.

Room Tip: If the street noise disturbs you, ask for a room facing into the building.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

I think I never slept in a harder bed.
There was black mold in the bathroom.
light bulbs were missing.
The tv remote some buttons worked and some not
we had to adjust the cable tv cable to be able to watch tv
The noise was unbelievable and the sad part is that the staff were making the noise
Just do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank samirth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Hotel Mono Azul
#2 of 16 in Quepos
Hotel La Colina
Hotel La Colina
#37 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park

Been to Hotel Le Priss? Share your experiences!