Review Highlights
If people would just STOP TALKING...

Reviewed 12 September 2018

from US$69.00
from US$70.00
from US$65.00
More Info
All reviews costa rica raccoons unattended navigate enter wildlife
Reviewed 12 September 2018

This park's admission is outrageously expensive for tourists, at 18 USD. However, you'll see some lovely beaches and beautiful ecosystems. I had the great misfortune of walking through the park near a group of YAPPY KIDS, so I didn't get to see much wildlife. When planning your trip, please note that the park is closed on Mondays. It's best to get there at 7 am, since the heat and humidity build quickly through the morning.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I loved the beach that I went too here. I am sure there was a lot more to do in this park, however, the beach was the only thing that I had the opportunity to do. It was a very long walk to get to it from the bus.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Very well planned trails. Watch out for the monkeys and trash pandas (raccoons). They will steal you blind the moment you let your guard down. Or your bag. That aside, it was very comfortable hike. Until you go up the hill at the point. Not for the ill prepared. Safe hike though if you take your time. Plenty of beach and beauty. Highly recommended. Be careful of the panderers outside the gate.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

If you go to the park you will definitely see wild life, but make arrangements to go with a naturalist. We will see everything and have great pictures. We went with Johan Chavez, and he was awesome.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Don't cut yourself short - get a guided tour. They will not only show you all the hidden creatures but they will educate you along the way. Our family LOVED this walking tour and the beach at the end is one of the worlds most beautiful. The jungle comes right down to meet the sea - so beautiful and rare!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Great scenery, animals, and beach. At first we did not want to hire a guide to point out wildlife. As we entered the park we offered a guide that was leaving a little less than the offered rate, and he accepted. At the end of the tour we ended up paying more than the initial rate. IT IS WORTH IT! Our guide pointed out a lot of sloths, bats, monkeys and more that we would not have seen without him. We ended our tour at the beach. It is amazing. Pretty beach. Relatively calm waters. Lots of shaded areas for when it gets too hot. The only drawback you cannot take any food or beverages other than water. There are restrooms/changing areas near the beach. If you have to buy your tickets when you get there the ticket booth is outside the park about 75 yards from the entrance. Lots of water, fruit vendors outside the gate. We paid $6 to park off the main street, and a nice gentleman watched the car. Never felt as though the car would be in danger while we were gone. Well worth the visit and the money.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Personally I don't think any visit in thus area would be complete without visiting this place. We didn't get a tour guide and found it easy to navigate around the park and spots wildlife. It's well main and the beaches are truly stunning.

1  Thank Saintlysinner
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Be sure to arrive as soon as the park opens, as it gets very crowded later in the day. My friends and I hiked without a guide, which allowed us more freedom. We saw white-faced monkeys, agouti, toucan, Great Curassow, racoons, leaf-cutter ants, and more. Take plenty of water, but leave food behind unless you want the monkeys to come after it!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I recommend going early in the day. We went as soon as the park opened. It was much more crowded just 2 hours later. Beautiful beaches, nice trails and we saw a lot of wildlife. Bring plenty of drinking water with you. It was very hot and humid in early March. One of many highlights on our Costa Rica trip.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

The beach was very nice although I did see a needle on the beach near waters edge and the smell of pot was forever in the air. Hey, to each his own. Would I go again, yes. I am a local not a tourist. Now I know what to do there.