“A nice alternative”
Review of Tropical Sushi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I had dinner hear one night and took advantage of the "All You Can Eat" for $26us. The rolls are big with nice sauces and large chunks of fish inside. The sushi is a generous slice of fish. The sushi chef is adorable and enjoyable to watch. He made it even more fun.

1  Thank flyingchefkj

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I know, I know. I'm picky and American and blah blah blah. I love sushi. I really do. After 10 days of typical Costa Rican fare, the husband and I felt compelled to eat a little of something more normal to our diet. But, it wasn't exactly normal. It was... warm.

I'm all about the raw dishes. Cooked sushi is shenanigans to say the least. But raw and room temperature in an open air restaurant near the equator? Get that fish in fridge. It was too warm for me and made me question how the flight home was going to treat me the following day.

1  Thank Lacey H
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Sushi was wonderful - owner/cook was kinda grouchy but he's pretty busy and we were goofing around so don't blame him lol! Took at least an hour to get our food but it was very fresh and very tasty. Recommend if you love sushi - had just about every type you can think of!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

So over priced I am amazed they are in business. They get the fish dirt cheap and charge $27 a plate. F O R G RE T this place.

1  Thank Tomas M
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We went to Costa Rica in 2009 (not in 2012, but that was the earliest option). I found this restaurant in our guide book. I worked at a sushi restaurant at the time, so I had pretty high standards. I was beyond surprised. The sushi was so fresh and there was incredible variety, considering we did the all-you-eat option. Usually you just get the choice of a couple of basic rolls, but not here! The only rule was you had to finish everything to get more. Ok! I found it to be incredible value, as for the same price and freshness, you could only get 2 or 3 rolls in any other restaurant. And I'm sure you can buy very cheap fresh fish nearby, but who wants to go thru the hassle of fileting the fish and making sushi. Its not easy, I've tried many times. I tell everyone who goes to Costa Rica to check this place out.