“A great menu”

Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Quepos
Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: El Gran Escape is proud of our long tradition of using local produce and seafood, and homemade tortillas, bread, desserts, as well as our commitment to being involved in the local community. We use only biodegradeable and recycled to-go containers and paper products, as well as a variety of other sustainable and eco-friendly practices. We hope you love your time in Costa Rica and hlep us do our part to keep this beautiful country Green!
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It is located over at the harbor not at the ocean front in Manuel Antonio. This was a very extensive menu, and we ordered fish and a hamburger. All three were very good.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to the old location many times and it's always one of my favorite places to go when I'm in the area. I tried the new location a few weeks ago, and besides the view, everything was just "off".

The menus had no logo on them, and they were not selling any of their "famous" tshirts they advertise on the menu. It made me ask if that was still El Gran Escape.

The food was mediocre at best, and the server couldn't get our simple order right. She brought out the wrong salad at first, and then the right salad with the wrong dressing.

She also forgot the appetizer (tuna sashimi), and when I said I still wanted it, it came out like someone cut it with a butter knife and left the white fat all over it. I honestly don't think anyone with experience cut it.

We were very disappointed, and it was, by far, the worst meal we had in Quepos/Manuel Antonio this year.

3  Thank The~PuRa~VIdA~
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This restaurant was one of 3 recommended to us by locals. So glad we didn't miss it. For starters, come here for the amazingly beautiful sunset. Simply breathtaking photos and colorful. (guess it would also depend on the weather and clouds on the horizon) However we had perfect conditions and the most colorful sky you can imagine. Now to the meal. By FAR the best meal we ate all week. Very reasonable prices, great service, all around A+++++. Highly recommended. The other places I've reviewed and the others which were recommended were Ronnies Place and Mar Luna. Ronnies I would not return to. This restaurant recently moved to the new location in the marina and it was the best move they could have made. The ambiance is superb and you would be amiss if you missed this gem.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

There are reviews that speak poorly of the new location. I guess if you don't like views of the water, cold beer and eating delicious tuna, well then don't go. If you do like all of the above, then this place is totally worth going. It's easy to find and everybody was friendly.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This became a 'staple' for our group. Great big menu with selections for ALL from the 4 year old who only eats chicken fingers to a very nice Paella!