“Best tour of our life”
Review of Xtreme Tours

Xtreme Tours
Ranked #10 of 69 Tours in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: A Waterfall Rappelling adventure uou wil never forget!!! Class II-III(125 meters suspension bridge, Waterfall Rappelling) Class IV (The largest and most spectacular waterfall in the area at 127 meters high, Zip line.
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Fascinated with the serviced delivered by bayron and titi. Best rappelling guides we have ever had. Tour was very well programmed and prepared in a beautiful natural reserve, lunch was amazing. The overall experience was breath taking.

2  Thank Stephannie C
in 7 reviews
"photo package"
"great pics"

Reviewed 12 March 2014

First time repelling and we all love it. The ride going there was very informative with a lot of nice view of the tropical forest and mountain. The staff are amazing and very nice... They make sure everything is very secure and the repelling itself was incredible... The kids after a week are still talking about it every day. The last waterfall is very high and amazing to repel downward.The lunch was very very good. Thanks to all the team, we can say it was one of the best tour ever taken

Gilles, Mindy, Brandon and Tyler from Canada

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This repelling is wild, especially since your going down wet waterfalls or into pools of water. You mostly repel off cables rather than straight down from a platform. You push off backwards from the edge and slide out on to the center of the cable where there is a stop. Then you repel down to the bottom using the rope that goes with you.

Only at the 160ft waterfall at the end do you walk backwards down from the top without using the cable first. This was difficult as it is easy to slip on the slick wet algae on the rock surface. I'm not sure what type of shoe would work the best except maybe for rubbery water shoes with good traction like my wife had. She made it through all the repels without getting her upper body wet at all.

Bayron (pronounced Byron) was great in letting us go again if we wanted to at one of the repels into a water pool. One of our friends lost his prescription sunglasses in the pool because he didn't have a strap for it and decided to be dropped upside down. Bayron and his side kick Ti Ti, went swimming underwater for some time trying to retrieve the glasses but no luck because the water turned murky and the sun was getting low.

Amazingly they went back the next morning on another tour before the water got too disturbed and were able to find them. Bayron personally delivered them at our hotel before we left for San Jose. What a great guy!

The meal at the top of the mountain was superb, made by a special team of cooks. They also made some terrific lemonade and the coffee was made in the traditional way with the sock filter.

Afterward we walked across the longest suspension bridge I have ever seen. Not really for those scared of heights. Pretty exhilarating.

As the sun went down, the sounds of all the different jungle insects got very intense and was like listening to a concert. There were even fire flies (giant ones) going back.

Note that it is quite a drive from Qepos to the repelling site on a rough dirt road for at least an hour each way. If we had known of that before-hand we probably would not have taken the tour, but in the end it was all worth the experience. So, if you think it was a 2-hour tour, it is really 5 1/2 hours as it says on the brochure. The forest in that area seemed more dense than Manuel Antonio and the sounds were amazing at night.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

The tour was fantastic but we paid for pictures we never received. We ended up being the only couple on the tour so the guide Byron allowed us to spend extra time in the waterfall area to take in the scenery. It was absolutely beautiful and a lot of fun! The waterfall was extreme and scary but well worth it when you get to the bottom :). I would definitely do this tour except that we were charged $30 for pictures which we understandably wanted as evidence. Byron told us he would bring the pictures to our hotel the next day but did not. We were then told they would be emailed but they were not either.

All in all a great tour but definitely unprofessional to charge for photos which were never delivered. Best food we had in Quepos by the way.

1  Thank Kristin T
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2013

There was a little mix up with our pick up time from the company, but we did eventually get picked up and the manager was sincerely apologetic. He even threw in some extras to make up for it, which he didn't have to do. Since there was a little confusion, instead of my husband and I experiencing this in a group setting it turned out to be just him and I with the two guides. The one on one was so nice. We felt like VIP's. This was an activity that I did for my husband, he loves this kind of stuff and now I do too, but I will be honest and say there were some moments when I was thinking to myself "why the hell am I doing this?!" All in all I would not take back a single moment of this. I am so glad I had this experience. We had such a great time, being a little scared and all. The guys really know they stuff and we felt safe every step of the way, they are very knowledgeable and have a good sense of humor. This is something I am so proud to say "I DID IT!" and it is something I will never forget. If we every have the opportunity to travel back we would absolutely do it again!!