“Wonderful place for a family get together”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Pete's Place Manuel Antonio
Ranked #21 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Quepos
Rochester, NY
“Wonderful place for a family get together”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My family met in Costa Rica for a family vacation. The first place we stayed at was Pete's Place. It was perfect for our family. The beds were comfortable and it was great being able to prepare some of our meals at "home". There are many restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance, or a short drive. There are two porch's. One faces the mountains and the other has an ocean view. It was like being in your own private jungle. Many birds came to the trees and plants (including toucans) and we saw monkey's, frogs and lizard's by the pool. Sloth's have been reported to be seen there, but we didn't see any while we were there. The pool is wonderful. It is very big, the water is clear and the water temperature was perfect. It is at the bottom of the property, so there are steps doing down to it. The area is secure and we always felt safe. It is near the road but the road noise did not bother us. The walls in two of the bedrooms do not go up to the ceiling so if someone is watching television in the living room it does carry into the two bedrooms. We took a tour one day and were picked up in front of Pete's. It is close to Manuel Antonio National Park, which was a wonderful beach and wildlife area. Pete was always available if we needed him. The one problem area was the sliding door to the front porch, which was difficult to open and close. I would definitely recommend Pete's Place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at Pete's Place in April of this year. There was plenty of space for the four of us, and the pool was fabulous. We actually had a close up with a sloth that ended up on the ground right beside the pool. Pete and his staff were great, although we didn't use them to book any of our outings, they were there if we needed anything. I'd stay at Pete's place again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed at Pete's Place for a whole week at the end of January. I loved it. The things that weren't so great about the place (road a little too close and sometimes noisy, outdated decor and difficult to close sliding door, which we eventually got used to) were surpassed by far by everything that was wonderful: the views of the ocean, the jungle and mountains, the pool, the deck, the grounds, the vegetation, the proximity of the town, restaurants and beach. In all it was a great place to stay and I already recommended it to my sister! Pete was always there to help. The electricity went out twice while we were there, but it was resolved within the hour (even when it happened in the middle of the night!!) If you want luxury, this place is not for you. This is more a down to earth, no show off kind of place. Much nicer in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We Stayed at Pete's for Christmas 12/23/12-12/27/12 and had a great time. The house was well suited for our family - 3 daughters 16,19,20 and also my wife. The place was on a couple of acre lot near the center of town and had a fence around the property. There were no security issues with this place, it just has a locked fence and bars on the windows to keep it protected. We never felt unsafe around the house or walking around the town. The furnishings and decor were not luxurious but very comfortable. We walked to dinner each night and were always able to find a cab or take the bus to the beach. It was just a 5 minute ride and very inexpensive. The house had an ocean view and a jungle view. We saw monkeys and iguanas everyday and the pool was magnificent. Itza gave each of my girls and massage and it was a highlight of the trip for them. She also arranged white water rafting, a canopy tour, and a nature walk for us and the tours picked us up right outside our door. The accomodations and the experience were great and we would do it again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen S
San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed in Pete's place for This place is overly expensive. Rooms are small and beds were small and uncomfortable. Plus it seemed like there were safely concerns too. Centrally located, close to bus stops, super market and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
PeteMACR, Owner at Pete's Place Manuel Antonio, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
I feel it's important for future guests to hear my side of a rather unfortunate review.
When this booking was made it was made clear that eight people ( seven adults and one child) was really too much for this home, but having a two day window after Christmas ( hence the " overpriced" i took the two nights at the weekly Christmas price per night.
The group arrived well after dark in the pouring rain, and it was obvious they were tired.
The comment about the beds being too small and uncomfortable might be as a result of three grown children and one small child having to stay in one bedroom, as the other two bedrooms had a couple each.
These beds are new this year, they have queen size orthopedic mattresses, and judging from other reviews clients seen very happy with them, of course it is possible two guys over six foot might find one bed small and uncomfortable!
The rain continued all night ( 7 inches) and into mid morning the next day.
during the night a pipe broke and I lost all water and half the pool water.
The client wanted to know why I wouldn't gomout a buy water so they could brush their teeth, I replied that I was trying to solve the overall water problem ( repair pipes, buy a new water pump, and refill tanks)
When the clients returned later the water was restored but the pool only had the deep end ( it took three days to fill it entirely) was full but the client again was unhappy ( understandably) and stated the whole experience ( I assume that their tour of the Park which they organized themselves didn't go well as one can imagine after seven inches of rain) but weather is not my fault!
The custumer called and said the whole trip was a disaster and I had better make them a " good offer" I suggested that since they owed me $580.00 that I would be willing to deduct $300.00. to which the reply was " thats not enough, we are not paying any of the balance.
The review also states " apparently there were security issues" I have absolutely no idea where that came from, there were NO security issues what so ever, I only gave them the standard warning of keep an eye on your things, lock the gate, don't leave valuables outnin the open. Whete that statement comes from I have no idea, but I can assure you we have had NO security problems and an out of hand statement like that puts a wrong impression in people's minds.
In closing I would like to suggest that one does not try and see and do all we have to offer in Manuel Antonio in two days , and a little understanding goes a long way when dealing with a problem like we had.
I am sorry your vacation did mot work out as planned, and I am more than willing to take my share of the blame, but baseless statements and malicious untrue comments do nothing to help.
In spite of only paying for one night, I would be willing to offer you two free nights should you choose to give us and Manuel Antonio another chance. Thank You Pete
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed at Pete's Place in April . The best most relaxed vacation in my life. The house was great, the POOl was fantastic. We were awestruck and enjoyed, the house, grounds pool and the whole Manuel Antonio experience. Not sure when but we will be back . No doubt in my mind that we will stay at Petes Place again. , Thanks Pete for sharing Petes Place, a slice of Paradise!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank McMarkM
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We recently stayed at this property (2nd week of Feb, 2012), and I would have to say, it was awesome. The place is clean and well-maintained. We traveled with 2 small kids (3 and 1 yrs), and it was perfect for them too. They enjoyed the company of Pete's dogs - they were very friendly. The property is large, and there are lot of trees everywhere. The place has a great view of the surrounding hills. There is a view of the ocean, but it's somewhat hazy and distant (although you get a nice sunset view from one corner). Although it is right by the main road connecting Quepos and Manuel Antonio, we never had any problem with noise etc. The pool is great - very relaxing. It was also very easy to catch buses outside the house to go to all the nearby attractions. Having a maid for cleanup (we cooked quite a bit at home) is also very helpful, and one of the high point of this place.

Pete and Itza are very friendly and helpful. Slightly pricey for a single family, but definitely recommend for staying.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Tulemar Resort
#6 of 46 in Manuel Antonio National Park
The Preserve at Los Altos
The Preserve at Los Altos
#15 of 46 in Manuel Antonio National Park

Been to Pete's Place Manuel Antonio? Share your experiences!