“I love the new look of Sofia Mediterraneo”

Sofia Restaurante Mediterraneo Arte & Cultura
Price range: US$6 - US$48
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Mediterranean is our reason of being, with a wider concept that doesn't only include the food but also the health, the arts, the conversations and the friendships that are born in our table. Our influences come from the culinary and culturally richness of 22 Mediterranean countries.
Tibas, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love the new look of Sofia Mediterraneo”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Walking to Sofia Mediterraneo is like entering an experience somewhere in the Mediterranean. Lovely smells of ancient spices like cardamon and cumin makes one want to try every dish on the special's board. The meats are my favorite but I was lucky enough to have dinner with a group of us and were delighted to have a mixed of vegetarian delights as well as fish. The tuna dish is to die for and the lamb chops you would not want to share with anyone!

I was so pleased when they were so accommodating with my 1 and 1/2 year old baby's request for more bread and delicious baba ganoush. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable of their dishes and wines. The owner and manager are a delight to talk to and over all a great place in Barrio Escalante to spend some time discovering the wonders of world cuisine. I will definitely recommend it to any one who loves a good environment with great tasty food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Alejandra R

ks
“Nice setting and very good food.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We ate twice at Sofia for dinner while in the St. Elena area. The restaurant has a very nice, quiet atmosphere, and the food and service were very good.

• Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I found this restaurant on the last day of my trip in Costa Rica and the food was amazing. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very relaxing and beautiful and the service was great too. Definitely make a stop at Sofia's during your stay in Costa Rica.

• Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly good food, great hosts, good music.”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My childhood Greek friends took me to Sofia where I had a great time. The ambiance seem to be be quiet oriental, tables and decoration quite simple but the food was extremely tasty. Not to forget that the owner of the restaurant, Memet, a friend of my friends, has made us taste several dishes for free ("degustation"). Then he also used his Turkish guitarre and started singing. I notice that all guests were extremely happy with the gesture, so was I.
The only thing missing in the restaurant was the bar.

• Visited February 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
“The Best in San Jose..”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Sofia was my favorite reastaurant when in my Costa Rica travel....Beside the very tasteful dishes,have very cute and friendly atmosphere that feel yourself like in your home.All dishes have specialities of mediterranean kitchen culture..i especially liked lamb and fish dishes with special red wines..All customers are informed about various world cultures by eating,listening and visually on dinner nights to be organised regularly..if one day u have a chance to be in San Jose ı think you must go there and enjoy..

Cenk Yalçın..