“This is the only place I will stay in San Jose, CR!!!”
Review of Villa Le Mas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escazu
Villa Le Mas
New York City, New York
“This is the only place I will stay in San Jose, CR!!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I am a world traveler and had been dreaming to visit Costa Rica for a very long time. Since I needed some dental work done, I thought it would be a great opportunity to mix medical with pleasure. I was referred to Villa LeMas and I am so lucky to found this wonderful place.

First off, my flight got so messed up I missed my connecting flight and a normally 5 hour journey turned into 15 hour trip from hell! When I finally arrived at the San Jose airport, Petra (the hotel manager) was waiting for me with a friendly smile. She took care of my bags and told me that now I could just relax because she would make sure my stay would be relaxed and happy. She really over delivered!

When we arrived at Villa LeMas, Petra surprised me by giving me a free upgrade to an incredible luxury suite. The room was clean, spacious, had an incredible view, and very cozy. There was a delicious dinner awaiting me and I slept like a baby.

The rest of my stay was excellent. I was treated like a princess, which is remarkable considering the affordable price of the room. I loved the staff, Petra, and LeMas and I will definitely be coming back. I recommend this to everyone- stay at Villa Le Mas! :)

Room Tip: The hotel manager is there to help, so I recommend asking her advice. Petra is there to take good ca...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank KimiInch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Thank you to Petra, who is now a member of our family! She took such great care of us! The facility and staff were amazing and relaxing. The views were amazing from the rooms.
I had 3 different procedures and the nursing staff was on top of everything. Petra knew exactly where I was and got me everywhere I needed to be at a very low cost. I thank you so much for help changing my life!!!
Love to my new family,

Sybil Rice

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TheTravelingAuthor
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I came to Costa Rica for a full mouth restoration. I did not know anything about Villa Le Mas before this trip; only what I had read on these pages and on their website. I chose Costa Rica because I have been here before and love the people and the country.

I was a bit nervous about the scope of the full-mouth restoration not about the quality of care I would receive because I know that CR is well known for their excellent medical treatment and outcomes.

It was an amazing feeling to have someone waiting for you at the airport-on time and friendly after a long trip. I am a very experienced traveler who has always figured every detail out for myself when traveling but because this was a health-related visit, I can't tell you how nice it is not to worry about such things as travel logistics.

I got here at night and Petra (owner) was waiting for me. She was so warm, friendly and welcoming. I had a wonderful meal waiting for me. She led me to my villa and it was even more beautiful than in the pictures. I stayed at the Rock House-with its beautiful glass walls, amazing forest setting and its tasteful decor.

Petra runs a tight ship here! She is friendly, and ah so helpful. She coordinated all my medical appointments, my prescriptions, my visits in and around town, etc. She has a beautiful and serene recovery paradise that I could have never found or afforded in the states. The staff at Le Mas is so warm, friendly and super professional as well. I have made great friends with the drivers, and the rest of the staff.

I feel like royalty here and I can't stress enough how important it is to stay at Le Mas after surgery. I am so happy I chose Le Mas. The beautiful and peaceful surroundings and the unsurpassed service is just what everyone deserves after medical procedures and I am so happy and grateful I could give this to myself. Le Mas exceeded my expectations.

The food at Le Mas is delicious and nutritious. All meals are well balanced, high in fiber, protein, essential restorative vitamins and minerals, and low in empty carbs. It is fresh and delicious. I am Latina (not from CR) and I found it to be soooo yummy since I ate avocados, beans, salads, gallo pinto, amazing tropical fruits. It caters to well being and healing! (every detail is carefully thought out).

My total stay is 11 days. I told Petra today that I want to live here! Honestly, there is nothing that they won't do to make your stay comfortable. I so appreciated not having to worry about anything during my stay here.

I felt close to Petra and Justina -they both took care of me and made me feel valued and appreciated. I feel so lucky to have found this place and look forward to coming back in a few months.

I am also recommending to friends and family!

Grateful in Le Mas

Rose

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank GoAway3
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The aftercare service that you recieve at Villa Le Mas is excellent with very friendly staff. Petra helps out with everything that you could possibly need - from your food dislikes - to arranging transportation
The room that we stayed in was beautiful and had everything that we needed plus more and the food was excellent..
The location is excellent for recovering or just to get away from it all and relax, very peaceful and serene - with amazing views.
I loved it there and hope to get back someday - even if I wasn't the patient but the Mother of one.

Debra - Alberta, Canada

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank albertagirl1960
NY
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I chose Villa Le Mas when my medical tourism coordinator, Tom from Platinum Medical Vacations, Inc., suggested it. Typically, I don't read any reviews when I travel as I often find that people are rather nit-picky in ways I am not.

I stayed in Villa Joop which has sweeping views of the mountains and the valley. Waking up to those views and that fabulous mountain breeze is highly conducive to healing and recovery. I got a tour of the different villas and all are beautiful. I'd recommend any of them though next time, I'm going to a pay a little extra and go for Villa Chanel because of the views, the black & white "sheik" decor and the spaciousness.

Petra is fantastic! She has a wonderful sense of humor, skills with coordination and organization and a deep sense of human care. I needed very little while I stayed; however, I knew that anything I may have needed or wanted (within healthy reason) would have been acquired by Petra. She is a great listener, has a fascinating life story and respects the privacy of her guests. Furthermore, she treats her staff with tremendous dignity and consideration. I deeply appreciated that about her.

Justina takes great pride in her work. My bathroom and villa were spotless thanks to her work ethic. She delivered my delicious and nutritionally balanced meals each time with a wonderful smile. She made sure I had clean clothes, friendly conversation and my periodic frosted flakes craving! I valued her presence each day I was here! 

Johanna was the kind and helpful nurse that came in each day to monitor my progress. Her gentle and knowledgeable demeanor addressed any care or concern I may have had. She was terrific on every single level. I should also note that my surgery nurse, Erica, also has worked @ VLM so clearly, experienced and quality nurses are hired to care for the recovering guests.

Petra coordinates all pick-ups and drop-offs for doctor and surgery appointments and general needs. The gate guards are very professional, appropriately greeting guests and taxi drivers alike. Randy, one of the drivers assigned to provide transportation for VLM guests, is outstanding! He is a kind and humble. We had some wonderful conversations and I feel like I got a genuine sense of Costa Ricans or Ticos as they are called locally, through his eyes.

Elena is the masseuse with the fabulously magic hands and heart! She is unique and special in ways words can’t fully describe! Not only does she offer phenomenal lymphatic massages, she has an aura of positivity that made an enormous difference in my stay. Describing her impact is challenging because to some, referring to her spiritual essence implies something cheesy or perhaps religiously fundamental! My interactions with her were not cheesy or religious in anyway. She simply has an amazing sense of purpose, hope and inner peace. She blessed me with her kind words and wishes and made me feel invincible! Mil gracias!!!!!

Finally, since I mentioned the meals and a few posted comments have not praised them, I’d like to describe them a little differently to assist with expectations. Yes, healthy nutritionally balanced meals are served each day. They’re also tasty, “slow cooker-type”, casserole-like that warm the belly and keep the healing going. It’s clear there aren’t any preservatives in these meals and I for one appreciate that! Come with clear expectations—no, it’s not US standard gourmet meals. It’s healthy, balanced nourishment for your body which will aid in your healing!

I've traveled the world, lived in underdeveloped countries and embrace opportunities to experience different types of vacations! I have not been disappointed by my experience at Villa Le Mas for 12 days in August 2011. It was worth it on many levels and I’m forever grateful to Petra, Justina, Johanna, Elena and Randy @ the security guards for their kindness and friendship!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Liz F
Bernardsville, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Le Mas is an incredible delight! I stayed during cosmetic surgery and never could have expected any better treatment.

Petra the General Manager was on top of everything in her quiet and unassuming manner. The people who worked there were wonderful to the point of "feeling like friends."

Every day a nurse visited, the staff presented breakfast lunch and dinner exactly as promised-- and more if your tummy needed it! The view from the villa was grand with ripening bananas on the trees and the beautiful sunsets and tropical birds.
Transportation was exactly as scheduled (actually I never had to worry about my schedule-- Petra managed it all!

The doctors all acknowledged that "at Le Mas, there are no problems--they really know what they are doing." Nice compliments from demanding professionals.

The best reinforcement of their care was the last day of my stay when I travelled and didn't return until later-- the staff waited for me to return to clean my clothes and ensure that I had no laundry to do when I arrived back in the states! Awesome.

Privacy was a high priority as was meeting commitments. I would go back-- with or without “medical" tourism-- maybe I will have to fake a tummy ache!

Highly recommended.

Jeannette Galvanek ( New Jersey)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JennaCarrol
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I didn't know exactly what to expect other then Petra, the manager, had communicated with me for weeks on a daily basis before my arrival. This was assurance for me that I would be truly taken care of during my stay. I was there as a surgical patient and my husband and best friend came to support me. Petra supported all of us with her caring demeanor and superb attention to everything. She did everything possible to make my stay pleasant by accomidating me and making sure I was able to get anything I wanted and things she provided to me that I didn't request which were extra perks she afforded me. For the 15 days we stayed, Petra checked on me several times a day,. Everything the doctors order, she knew exactly what it was before I could tell her. Alway one step ahead of me regarding my recovery. The maids were very attentive and made our villa clean and comfortable. I enjoyed visiting with them and learning about their culture. The nurse was so sweet and just had that healing personality and I felt better everyday she visited me. They kept me calm and tranquil which is condusive to healing, not to mention the scenery from the Glass Studio where I think I could live just for the view alone.
The food was nutritional and very good. Not full of added calories and junk I didn't need. If those who went with me wanted snacks, they went out and got it.
The complimentary message was delightful, the community dinner one evening in the beautiful community dining room was a treat and we met others who were also recovering and shared stories.
I plan to go back for more surgery in a few months. I will return to LeMas because that is where my heart is

Room Tip: Look at the LeMas website to preview rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family