“BEST place for post op recovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Le Mas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escazu
Villa Le Mas
Florida
“BEST place for post op recovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was at Villa Le Mas as a "Wellness Retreat" and while there, MANY people came and went and everyone was super happy with the quality of care, the property but most of all, Petra. She puts her heart and soul into Villa Le Mas and it shows. If you are considering this facility versus another, this is by far the best for post op. The rooms, views, food...all of it! Enjoy!

Room Tip: I was given the "Glass House"...amazing room with spectacular views
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Betty170

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at Villa Le Mas May 7th - 12th, 2012. All my dealings with Petra (the Manager, who is German, but speaks 5 different languages) prior to my arrival were very pleasant and it was nice to pay ahead with PayPal so I did not need to carry the extra cash with me. Petra asked for a photograph of myself prior to my trip and it was so nice to be recognized at the airport and greeted by her son, Julius.
I felt comfortable right away and her son was so pleasant shuttling me around all day to my various Dr.s appoinments. That evening when I finally arrived at the resort a hot dinner was waiting for me and a massage. The massage is part of the package, which is nice, but not as good as the massages I've recieved state side. The next day I had my surgery and after my surgery when I arrived back at the Villa, Petra was waiting for me and had already called my husband to let him know I was out of surgery and on my way back to the resort.
You'll most likely have no cell service in CR, but Petra also gave me a Magic Jack phone to use with my Lap top - this device is so easy to use and is totally free - VERY NICE! I always felt connected to my family! Petra helped me with all my pain meds and practically tucked me into bed.
The next day the nurse arrived to help me shower and change my bandages. She was very nice and was so patient with me. She got me a shower chair and helped me shower and dress, since I was still so dizzy from the anesthesia and pain meds. Petra also stopped by to check on me and see how I was doing. Everyone is so friendly and the atmosphere is perfect for recovery. The views are amazing! It was perfect for recovery with my laundry being done everyday and my meals brought to my room. When I finally felt well enough it was nice to walk to resort and meet other guests and relax in the beautiful common area. Petra's staff even went out of there way to provide a meal in the common area for us guests who wanted to eat and socialize together.
The meals are extremely healthy, prepared with local fruits and vegatables. They're not overly big portions, but Petra would certainly accomodate any special requests.
I would recommend this resort to anyone and would certainly stay there again myself!! You certainly cannot beat the price!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Villa Joop.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Lisa K
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I traveled to CR from the US for surgery and decided to stay at Villa La Mas. The worst part of my stay was leaving. If I had the time, I would have stayed a few more weeks. The accommodations and setting were excellent, the food was outstanding, the medical support was a critical part of a successful recovery and the overall coordination and experience led by Petra was better than I had hoped for. In addition to the support that Petra provided for me while I was at Villa La Mas, Petra has stayed with me through my return home. Whenever I have a question about my recovery and need advice and or encouragement Petra has been there. I would say she was gone above and beyond her responsibilities and has far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Villa La Mas to anyone considering a medical retreat in CR.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank T S
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Had Dental work by Dr. Garita. My stay at Villa Le Mas was more than what I expected.
Petra and her Staff are on the ball. Three meals a day with afternoon tea(if you please).
My villa faced the Blanco Mountains at San Antonio de Escazu. Simply breathtaking. Great atmosphere to recover in.
Food, Laundry and excellent care come with a set price of $95.00 per day. No hidden costs. Day trips or tours can be personalized by Petra's Expert directions. Her Taxi drivers are both honest and courteous. PETS are allowed.
Photos of food and location are on the way.
Thank you Petra!

Sin mas,
rose

www.villalemas.com Petra: Manager

www.dentalinparadise.com- Trip Facilitator.

Room Tip: JOOP room faces the Mountain.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank RM D
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Going to a foreign country to have surgery can be an intimidating experience. Petra and the staff at Villa Le Mas go out of their way to make it a comfortable and pleasant experience. They make you feel cared for and taken care of. With meals, nursing care, most transportation and laundry provided all you have to worry about is recovering in beautiful surroundings.

Petra (owner/manager) is fabulous!! She is a friend, caregiver, organizer, den mother and patient advocate all rolled into one! She's warm, caring, funny, professional and super organized. She checks in on you frequently to make sure that you're okay, comfortable and have everything you need. Her staff is also very warm and professional and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

The rooms are clean, unique and beautiful set in gorgeous mountain scenery. It's a perfect place for recovery and relaxation! I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Denise G
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I love reading the couple of negative reviews, i have to laugh that one oerson said the mountains were a terrible place for recovery, just the opposite.I had several facial procedures done in Jan. 2011 and stayed at Villa Le Mas. I didn't want to leave. Everything was great.If you want to be pampered while recovering this is the place. Absolutely beautifull scenery, with clean mountain air, its spectacular.Nurse sees you every morning, and she was super, 3 good meals a day ,but not big portions.Thats why there lifespan is better than the U.S.If your up to it , retreat is right next to a national park.Take short hikes, the wildlfe is incredible.It makes you totally forget you had surgery. Petra ,who runs the retreat is German and fantastic.I'm going back again soon.If you want the best stay here.
JIM FROM PHOENIX

Room Tip: I stayed in Joop which was great, plenty of room.Sliding door from room outside to a small picnic ta...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank downtown100
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I am happy to know
places and people like this exist in the world.
Professional , yet with friendly charm & grace
I have stayed at Villa Le Mas several times .Once for 2 weeks .
I plan to return again in the spring.
Each stay, I was taken care of ,felt safe & secure .
At ease and peaceful .
First stay Petra walked me through / held my hand through my pre op
.Set my mind at ease
Petra and her staff anticipate your wants and needs.
Your appointments are coordinated and transportation arranged .
Also transportation from & to airport .
If side trips are wanted ,they are arranged .
Villas are beautiful , each unique.They are also cleaned daily to hospital standards .
Laundry service daily .
Three meals daily served to your Villa .
The food is Excellent & Healthy , & prepared to your individual needs.
Last time I was there I was so happy with my salad I took a picture of it and emailed it to a friend.
Beautiful surroundings , Peaceful , Serene ,
Petra & Her Staff are Wonderful .
Justina is wonderful .
My last stay ,Justina even went with me to help find shoes that I needed.
They each go the extra step to make sure all of your needs are met
There is not enough good to say .I feel lucky to have found this special place.
I look forward to my return .
My highest recommendation for Villa Le Mas .
Katherine
kemp-27464@mypacks.net

Room Tip: All are Beautiful ,I have stayed at joop ,Glass House & Rock House , Have been happy wi...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo