“Villa le Mas Recovery Center - San Jose CXosta Rica”
Review of Villa Le Mas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escazu
Villa Le Mas
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Where do I begin? Villa le Mas was a travelers worst nightmare come true. The property is designed as a recovery center for post plastic surgery patients. Unfortunately the property is in the mountains and rain forest, which is counter productive to healing -surgical sutures MUST be kept DRY to heal properly and moisture encourages infection.

My experience there put my health and safety at risk. The property provides no standard safety features such as smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, lighted walkways, air conditioning, heat, hot water faucets in the bathroom sink, ....shall I go on?

If you read the so called 'Testimonials' on their web site, one is led to believe that guests are pampered during their recovery with gourmet meals, massage therapy, and an indoor swimming pool. Any positive reviews had to be written by the management. Evefryone I spoke to was horrified by the conditions there. One couple asked (begged) me to get them a room at the same hotel when I left. The pool is definitely there but only for photographic purposes. The pool is not heated so it cannot be used. The water is ice cold.

FOOD. Here's where the line is drawn in the sand. The quality and quantity of food is is so poor, it would not qualify for the federal school lunch program in the USA. Prisons deliver better food than what they serve at Le Mas. For example, lunches consisted of a bowl of soup, . . . . Were you waiting for a finish to that sentence. Guess what, it was finished. Lunch was a bowl of soup. On Sunday, I received a tray at the specified time of 12:00pm, which contained a tuna sandwich. There was a leaf of lettuce, one slice of tomato and a teaspoon of canned tuna that I wouldn't consider serving to my cat. Dinner was frozen food , like packaged lasagna and desert was canned fruit cocktail or lime jello. I haven't seen fruit cocktail since I was 4 yrs old.

Does this place even have a clue about nutrition? After my 6th of ten days, I ran for my life to the nearest 4 star hotel and had a decent meal. I nearly starved at Villa le Mas.

My recommendation for recovery facility is to avoid the established recovery centers and go to a good hotel. Hire a private nurse to handle bandages, etc.

I will post photos and video of the meals next week when I have more time. Be afraid....be very afraid.

22  Thank WorldTour24