Casa Isabella Costa Rica
US$214
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$95
Posada El Quijote(Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$112
US$188
US$133
Travelocity
Out of Bounds Hotel(Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$57
Apartotel Don Francisco(Escazu)(Great Value!)
US$67
All reviewscosta ricalarge bathroompersonalized serviceother guestsstanleyairport
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Casa Isabella was a great find for us. My husband and I were in Escazu for 10 days for our 'dental vacation' and Casa Isabella was only about 1 mile from our clinic. Roberto, the owner, made our stay easy and pleasant and he took a personal interest in helping us see some of the local sites in between our dental appointments as well as just sitting and visiting with us about Costa Rica as it was our first visit to the country. The accommodations were very comfortable, the breakfasts were fresh and tasty with great coffee and the views from our room were outstanding. Roberto even provided us with a local cell phone so we could contact taxis and our clinic easily. We were in the Junior Suite which included a small table and chairs and fridge allowing us to 'stay in' when we wanted to rest or eat 'soft' stuff while we dealt with dental works. Roberto and his staff also prepared dinner for us on two different evenings for a small addition charge. Both meals were delicious with some of the ingredients right out of his garden. We would stay with Roberto again - Overall a great B & B!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara U
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Casa Isabella is a wonderful place to get away to. Roberto, the owner, is a genuine guy.The rooms are very spacious and fresh. The beds were super comfortable. Our view from the room was fantastic. There is space to park your car if needed. It's situated in a very quite/safe part of Escazu on the side of a hill. So its surrounded by nature where you can hear the birds chirping just outside your window. Yet, not too far away. The downtown area is just a hop skip and a jump away. Where on Saturdays they hold a farmers market with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. There is also I can definitely recommend this place. Plus Roberto, the owner, is a genuine guy who will help you with pretty much anything you may need help with. He knows Costa Rica like the back of his hand.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Casa Isabella is simply great!! Luxurious feeling and beautiful interior. Roberto, the manager, is very helpful! The room was perfect, beautiful, good temperature, fresh and had comfortable beds. The breakfast was very nice! Fresh fruits, amazing coffee, cereal and toast. We also ordered dinner one night and was very happy with the typical Costa Rican plate they made for us for a cheap price. Sooo good!! They also sell half day tours in Escazu that seem very interesting. Roberto owns Elemento Natural too, an eco/sustainable tour operator who can put together any trip within Costa Rica.
Over all a very good stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My parents and I split two rooms, each of which were huge with equally as large bathrooms. The beds were slightly hard and there were some difficulties with the bathrooms. I stayed in room 4 and the shower is hard to turn on. I ended up showering in my parents room. You have to pull with significant force for it to turn on. In my parents shower, room 5, the knob to the hot water was broke such that it had a specific sweet spot for when it turned off; if you turned it too far either way the water would turn back on. There was a large jacuzzi tub in room 5, however, this made it pretty difficult to get in and out since it doubled as the base of the shower. The staff was friendly, although not too helpful. The husband was not around when we were there and the wife is not from the area and thus couldnt help us with directions or places to go. The breakfast was delicious, although my parents were slightly disappointed. There was a small selection of fruit and I chose an omelet. Breakfast hours end early though. In room 4, the light switch for the bathroom is right under the light. I'm not sure what the knobs on the wall do. There was no AC. There is room for 2 cars max within the walls. The location slightly outside the city is great.

Room Tip: Rooms 3-5 are on the top floor. Room 4 looks out over the hills and has a good view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
casaisabella123, Owner at Casa Isabella Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

We do have to apologize, this client was right about room #5 shower, this clients shouldn't have been place in this room util it was fix, unfortunately the current administration, witch is new, omitted this, in regard to the Jacuzi people loves it because is very spacious, so it does have steps to get in, we do have alternative rooms for elderly people and handy cap friendly rooms available. To best serve you, though, we do need to know about this details to be able to help!
Were this family requested a different room, we for sure would have been happy to accommodate them best.
In regard to our location, we are strategically located only twenty minutes from Juan Santa Maria International Airport in the hillsides of Escazu, in San Jose, the capital city; we are minutes away form Embassies, Shopping Centers, Hotels, Restaurants, Clubs, Bars, Business Centers and the Best Hospitals in the country. (The USA ambassador lives 7 minutes away from us)
We are close to moderns conveniences but far enough away to enjoy the country setting that surround us and because we are in the middle of the country you will have numerous options to explore in any part of the country, from mountains to beaches, from forests to volcanoes.
We also provide all of our clients with a map and a FREE cellphones so that they can call us or to call a taxi anywhere they are, most, if not all Tour companies and rent-a-car agencies pick and drop off our clients here, so our location is not an inconvenience but an advantage,. and yes, there is public transportation a 100 mts away from us.
But, so you know, we do take very seriously our clients input, and our goal is to keep the good name, standard and the good reputation that we have for years., so we do have replace the current administration and starting this August 2013 we will have a more competent one, also we have started our remodeling process, we will replace the beds in room #5 and have new furnishings through out property as well as our usual maintenance work. We are exited about this changes and we hope that you give us the chance to serve you best.
Best regards.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

To describe this Bed and Breakfast in one word, I would use "perfection"! I stayed here for the duration of a two week period, and will be returning in May 2013. My room was extraordinary clean and peaceful, Robert was able to drive me wherever I needed to go and spoke English, while his wife made a wonderful breakfast for me every morning. They accommodated me in every way, and I felt like I had a family…away from my family!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo