“Dirty, old and noisy”

Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Escazu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Unbelievable, but after my complaint, and photographs taken of the moldy shower, torn seating, smelly refrigerator, broken cabinetry, and terribly noisy wind whistling thru the balconies the manager was polite but did nothing. Said they were trying to take care of issues, but charged me over $200 for an old suite NOT TO MARRIOTT standards, and said they would credit my silver elite account 2,000 points....still to be seen. What a joke!! I hope a real manager sees this post so Marriott excellence standards are known to NOT be met in all countries.... Horrible stay, hardly slept and very so so breakfast, you're better off going to the cafe around the corner! Many other brand new lodging options in the area now, my loyalty to my favorite flag is over!

1  Thank Panita87
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Panita87,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to read that did not have a pleasant stay with us. We always try to provide each guest with excellent service, and unfortunately we were not able to achieve this with you. Our Rooms Care Manager will take action immediately in order to improve the service we provide to our customers.
Please contact our Guest Care Manager in order to review the Marriott Rewards point’s situation you mention (cristina.riba@marriott.com).

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotels offers great comfort for their guests, however the most amazing characteristic is the friendly and helpful staff, I could not name only one of them cause all of them are wonderful, they always have a smile and the best recommendations available, the ladies that clean the rooms are very thoughtful and detailed. I enjoyed my stay and hope to be back this time with my family!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff, I agree with you, they are the best!

Any time you are coming back please take in consideration that you can use our new service: Mobile Check in. Now from your tablet or cell phone you can check in, try it, it is free! For more information please do not hesitate in contact me adolfo.carit@marriott.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My trip was just for job...but all the staff (specially Marco F.) made my stay so gratefull and comfortable.
Well located, near to many restaurants and a big Mall.
The breakfast was perfect, the coffe....made me remember my Colombian coffe, was perfect!

1  Thank Norma Lucía R
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The food and service were exceptional ! Great staff especially Ruben at front desk....he went out of his way to arrange a great tour of the Britt coffee plant in San Jose. The entire experience was excellent.

I am Marriott Platinum...this place was excellent.

1  Thank Bob F
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great staff, very good location. Enjoyed my stay. Thanks to Mrs Sheila for all her help. Some good and trendy restaurants very close to the hotel. Staff i very helpful and will guide you for any questions that you may have.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Mr. Valdez,

I am happy to know you had a great stay with us, and that Sheyla is taking good care of you, she is great helping our guests start the day the right way at breakfast.

You know we are here to help you to make your trips to Costa Rica easier, please do not hesitate in contact me in case you need anything for your next trip, you can always find me at adolfo.carit@mariott.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Personnel is very helpful and are always looking for ways to make you feel confortable.
They are very warm people. Service is outstanding and breakfast is served fresh every morning with a good variety. At walking distance you have few restaurants and a little further you can also enjoy french and italian restaurant.

Room Tip: 4th floor est view. you can see sunset behind volcano mountains

Dear Wanda,

thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. As you mention walking distance from the hotel you can find a good variety of restaurants, including American, Peruvian, Japanese (with Tepanyaki tables), Argentinian and more.

We hope we can see you soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

One of the main things that keeps me coming back to this hotel is the service and friendliness of everyone. It feels like home! It is hard to point out specific people because everyone goes out of their way to make sure your stay is the best, Paola and Max at the front desk (Andrea is no longer there unfortunately) always help with anything at all - Shelia and Fanny in the restaurant are great - Marie always brings a smile to your face - and all the others that I cannot name. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Adolfo_Carit, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind comments. Definitely it will be hard to replace a star like Andrea, she is great, and we are happy for her, as she is growing as a professional we are accomplishing another of our goals, develop our people and help them to grow.

Our goal is to take care of our guests by taking care of our associates.

Best Regards,

Adolfo

Also consider these accommodations in or near Escazu
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Holiday Inn San Jose-Escazu
Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Escazu
Residence Inn by Marriott San Jo...
#1 of 3 in San Rafael de Escazu
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#2 of 13 in Escazu
Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu? Share your experiences!