“Great Hotel”

Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Escazu
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We arrived almost midnight on a Saturday night. Due to it's location we were able to find it without any issues.

The location is perfect, very close to a main highway. Walmart, is very close by.

There are various restaurants close by as well, Tony Roma's, TGIF.

They have free parking with security guards, so the rental was in a safe place.

Breakfast was the typical Costa Rican food, but you can ask for an omellet as well, we did not know this in the first day.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dnavasdiaz, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Sir Isaac, on the part of our team and myself thank you take a time to comment on their experience in our hotel, we're glad you liked the facilities, the location, the room, parking and our breakfast , we will review that on his first day had no omelet station at breakfast and you should be set every day.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Services are high standard, facilities are new. The only detail I didn't feel really satisfied was the view which is not that pleasant.
Parking lot is a bit small. I found the elevator "restrictions" (with card key only) somehow useful since only guests could access the designated areas although it would be a bit of a hassle if you don't have it handy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Dnavasdiaz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear customer, please send us your experience at the hotel and your stay was pleasant, on your comments to improve on our part, the view of the hotel is very similar in urban hotels in the area just as there are always some better views the other for your next visit we can offer you see various rooms give different points of the hotel for you to pick the one you like. About our parking have 46 parking spaces in our parking almost all the indoor basement, but we have space available on the street was our error maybe the not having commented on your check-in. On the system of access to different floors with room key did so to give our customers more security we will see if we have any more comment on this subject change said access system.

We hope to see you soon around here and so we can thank you in person for your comments.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed in Escazu for 10 days...in the rainy season. Not the most ideal time to visit Costa Rica! We were there to celebrate our son's birthday and wanted to stay close to his apartment.
And, the hotel was close...but had a lot more to offer!

This is a new hotel, about 8 months old, and our room was clean and modern. The staff was beyond accommodating. They were all well trained, polite, friendly and knowledgeable. Underground parking was available at no additional charge. Daniel, the manager, went out of his way to help us when the wifi in our room didn't work. He called in an outside consultant who put a router in our room. Also, there is a nice fitness center and indoor pool.
The daily breakfast was great! There was an omelette station with a young man who prepared them to our liking. There were always yummy treats, fresh fruit and cereal. The best part of breakfast, though, was discovering the outdoor seating area, still rain free in the mornings and pleasantly cool.
The only downside to this hotel is it's location. There's no place to walk to unless you walk along the heavily trafficked streets. Walmart is close by but we had to drive there. Of course, there is a shuttle which can get you to several locations, but they run on specific scedules which never conformed to ours.

Room Tip: The rooms seemed well insulated against noise. I never heard any sounds outside my room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Dnavasdiaz, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear customer, thank you very much for writing your comments and experience at the hotel, ns is gratifying to know that during the 10 days it felt like home, we are pleased to also comment on our staff which says that is well trained and that the facilities and the room to your liking. For us it was a privilege to serve and please them.

We will study our transportation schedules to see if we can include more frequencies and so for your next visit more often can use this service.

We hope to see you soon around here.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Had the opportunity to stay for a month in this hotel due to business. The hotel was always clean, and the staff best I've encountered. Juan and Catalina at the front desk were really great and personable. Special recognition to Catalina; despite being a 'trainee' she was always smiling, friendly and helped me whenever I needed. Always on the ball. She even helped organize a trip to Tamarindo which turned out to be, hands down, the best weekend I had in Costa Rica. When I return to CR, I will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 807ericm
Dnavasdiaz, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Mr. Eric, thank you very much for taking the time to express your experience at our hotel, I will personally congratulate John and Catherine for your personal attention, we hope that on your next visit we continue to meet your expectations in cleanliness, quality and service as you commented .

For us it has been an honor to serve you for such a long period of time.

Thanks on behalf of the hotel and myself.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have a very extended stay at this hotel (3 mo). Such a long stay had me a bit worried until I saw the rooms. Hotel is clean and elegant, and the rooms are very tasteful and comfortable. I'm a little bit of a demanding customer and have made many requests of the staff. I must say that the front desk staff (Renatta, Ronald, Glorianna and Juan) have been amazingly patient and tolerant. They have all go out of their way to accommodate my requests, to assist me in undestanding what I need to know about the area, and ensuring that I feel valued as a guest. The shuttle service is very professional and prompt. I have used them for both daily commuting and touristy trips. Each time Miguel, Randall and Jose have been so patient and courteous.
I cannot overstate how wonderful everyone has been. Any hotel can have clean and nice facilities, but to have such an exceptional level of staff is a rare pleasure to find. I suggest this hotel for anyone in the San Jose area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roger W
Dnavasdiaz, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Don Roger, for us it is a real pleasure to serve you, I greatly appreciate you taking a time to express your experience at our hotel and look forward to meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Hotel with very good facilities and helpful staff. Room was spacious and gorgeous, recommended.

My only negative points:
- Hotel food was not the best. I believe the main issue is the water that is used in the cooking process that makes it taste a bit weird for the outsiders

- Everything of interest is a bit far from the hotel, making you take a shuttle everywhere. There is not much you can do on foot.

If any of those are deal breakers to you then it might be an issue, otherwise I would recommend it

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Dnavasdiaz, Manager at Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Customer, thank you for taking the time to express your experience at the hotel. greatly regret that the food is not to your liking, about the kind of water we use him comment that quality standards and food hygiene use a special water filter "three steps" to avoid any risk, we will review when doing vegetable sterilization with iodine who are rinsing the vegetables and personally I'm gonna get in the kitchen to check how they are taking the dishes.

We revisit us and check our improvements.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I stayed here on 3 different occasions and every time the rooms were perfect. They're new and very spacious with modern furnishings. Location is quiet with easy access to stores (walmart is down the street, and the mall is a stop away) and restaurants. Breakfast is free but not the most tasty, I have to say, which is the only reason this hotel didn't get 5 stars. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Dnavasdiaz, General Manager at Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to express your experience in our hotel, we greatly appreciate your pleasant comments about the hotel rooms and location. Over breakfast, I met with F & B and we will implement more options buffet breakfast and check in shorter periods of time, this all to its temperature and flavor quality.

Here we'll see you in person and thank him for giving us his experience expressed that helps us to improve day by day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Escazu
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Escazu
Barcelo San Jose
Barcelo San Jose
#11 of 78 in San Jose
Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica

Been to Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu? Share your experiences!