“An unforgetable vacation in Costa Rica”

Costa Rica Green Adventures - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$66.25*
and up
Discover Costa Rica's Capital City and Museums
Ranked #4 of 6 Tours in Escazu
More attraction details
Owner description: Eric Gomez - Co founder, He is a Costa Rican from Escazu father of 3 kids,Sustainable tourism expert and Naturalist Guide, Eric would be the trip leader in most of the groups,Gabriela Molina , she is a Costa Rican original from Heredia mother of 3 kids,and internet Expert and General Tour Guide, and co-founder of Costa Rica Green Adventures (Costa Rica Family Adventures is part of Costa Rica Green Adventures). After 22 years of field experience, She is now based in Escazu City know as the Witch Town, where she runs the office. She is mainly in charge of logistics and operations and behind every itinerary,She loved to travel , and though you might not meet Gaby on your trip, be sure that the excellent organization of our trips is due to her hard work behind the scenes. When she can get away from the office, she likes to participate on Adventure activities especial with her kids in mind the all the time. Costa Rica Green Adventures is an active travel company focusing on eco-tourism, natural history, wildlife observation and the vibrant culture of the Costa Rican people. our goal is to create a unique travel experience that transcends conventional sightseeing and tourist travel. Costa Rica Green Adventures aims to provide an in-depth perspective of Costa Rica that shares a world and lifestyle which is totally different and which will serve to enrich the visitor's personal experience. Costa Rica Green Adventures was founded to help the sophisticated traveler explore Costa Rica - its flora and fauna, its people and culture and its wild and beautiful places.
Nacogdoches
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An unforgetable vacation in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I would give my highest recommendation to anyone interested in a Costa Rica vacation for Eric Gomez. Kind, considerate, very knowledgeable, flexible, good humor, Eric has the contacts in country to create the perfect Costa Rica experience. His choice of accomodations was right in line with our expectations. When I compared his tour price to the cost of accomodations that I had requested, if I had made the reservations on my own, our trip would have cost much more. We planned a 13 day visit and made some specific hotel requests and left others open to Eric's choice. Eric can provide an itenerary if you don't know the country or he will supplement your iteneray with insightful options. We asked about a coffee tour and he made a phone call and got us a VIP tour that we could not have found on our own. We asked about a chocolate tour and he said, "I know someone, let me call them." The next day we were learning the history of chocolate in Meso America. Bring your camera and walking shoes. Eric is very knowledgeable about wildlife and birds. We saw 4 different kinds of monkeys on our treks thru the rain forest. The beaches at Tamarindo are incredible with stunning sunsets. Manuel Antonio National Park is a great destination. If you go to the Parador Hotel (a magnificent location) ask them about the welcome fruit drink that they provide called "Kathy's Welcome." If you haven't yet experienced the warm hospitality of Costa Rica, put Eric and his team on your list. A truely memorable vacation. Tim from Texas.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tim S

Hayden, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Costa Rica Green Adventures was recommended to my by a friend from work. I was very thankful to have been aquainted with Eric and Gabby. We could not have asked for a better trip. Eric planned an amazing trip with fabulous accomodations, and incredible adventures. He is knowledgeable on the wild life of Costa Rica. We had an amazing experience and will be back again soon.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Aileen H
Lawrence, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful study abroad”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Eric planned the excursions for study abroad trips I led from the University of Kansas in January 2012 and 2013. Not only did he provide awesome accommodations, meals and activities but the students' safety was always a top priority with him. He and his guides are so knowledgeable and accommodating. With 22 graduate students and 3 faculty, it is amazing that everyone left with high praise for Eric and his planning.

Eric also planned activities for a number of the students who went down early. I was able to recommend him to the students without reservations because I knew he would take care of them, letting them have fun but be safe.

Finally, Eric planned a vacation for my family and a friend's family before the study abroad trip started. He listened to what we wanted to do and planned a perfect trip.

I can't recommend Eric, Gaby and all his guides strongly enough! If you are going to Costa Rica, you should definitely let Eric take charge of your trip. It will not feel like a "tour" but will be personal and customized. Furthermore, you will enjoy every minute you spend with them.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank FirstFam
Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“TRIP OF A LIFETIME!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Where do I begin? My two sisters (20 and 24), mom (52) and I (22) decided to take a girls trip to Costa Rica and began the planning through Eric and Gaby Gomez with Costa Rica Green Adventures (from a recommendation we had received). They were very patient with us and provided a plethora of trip options, as we went back and forth with # of travel days, types of adventures, pricing, etc. We settled on 10 days (perfect length!), with 3 adventure tours: rappelling down waterfalls, white water rafting, and ziplining (in order of recommendation, though all were amazing!), ending the trip with 2 days on the beach. Every little detail of the trip was perfect, from Eric picking us up at the airport and chauffeuring us destination to destination, to the authentic meals and unbelievable overnight accommodations. Eric is a wealth of knowledge, and it is evident that he loves representing his country. Every night when we got to our room we sat down and tried to write down every little tidbit Eric shared with us—such interesting facts that are fun to look back on and share with others. In addition to his knowledge of the countryside (animals, plants, culture, education…you name it), he knew of the best little places to take us, places no other tourists were at (you’d pass resorts with hundreds of people, and Eric would turn on to a little bumpy dirty road and take us to an amazing hidden treasure). Some of our favorites include a tiny, local, brick oven bakery, a restaurant overlooking the capital, and the Smithsonian owned resort (?) at the bottom of an active volcano. We also had the best adventure tours (very safe) with the BEST guides, and it seemed as though our group got the special treatment because we were with Eric (other groups would come in parties of 10-20 people with one guide and never seemed to get the VIP treatment that we did). I have since been frustrated with my inability to find any type of adventure that lives up to what we got to do! The sites were breathtaking and the adventures were indescribable. By the end of the trip, we ended up stopping by Eric’s house and meeting the entire family, and truly gained a lifelong friend in Eric. We will without a doubt make another trip back to see Eric, this time bringing our Dad and other family/friends. I have traveled out of the country since, and nothing compares…what an unbelievable opportunity to see the entire countryside—city life, rainforest, and beach.

Thanks again to Eric and Gaby for truly planning and executing the trip of a lifetime! Wouldn't change a thing.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Mackenzie M
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Costa Rica Vacation”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I had traveled to Costa Rica on business and wanted my family to visit. Planning a vacation with Eric Gomez and Costa Rica Green Adventures made a family vacation unforgettable! Eric and Gaby listened carefully to what our desires were and then customized our trip. The trip exceeded our expectations in every way. Eric's knowledge of Costa Rica gave us an insight into the country that we would not have otherwise gotten. When you can get customized service at a very affordable price, I can't imagine doing anything else.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who wishes for a carefree vacation with exceptional service select Costa Rica Green Adventures for their visit.

Visited May 2012