“Get the Apple Pancake”
Review of Donde Carlos

Donde Carlos
Ranked #76 of 621 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Get the Apple Pancake”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on our last night in Costa Rica and I am so glad we did. The food was amazing. He started with sweet breads (he loved, I refused to try) and I started with Seafood Tartar (delicious). We shared an Argentinian Meat Entree for 2 which was served a platter that had coals underneath giving us the option to further cook our meat when it was too rare. We reluctantly ordered dessert after being too full for anything else. SO GLAD WE DID!

The Apple Pancake was probably the best dessert dish I have ever had in my life. We were amazed. I need the recipe!

• Visited February 2013

LONDON
“Delicious Argentinian no nonsense steak house”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Donde Carlos is a 'not so cheap' neighbourhood Restaurant in los Yoses , San jose.
However..the food is superb. The attention and service ...faultless.
It is best to seat on the terrace upstairs and enjoy an al fresco experience.
Due to its Argentinian heritage ordering meat is always an excellent option.
The desserts are outstanding.. the wine list extense..
Be prepared to fork out $$ but you will not regret this pleasant experience

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank TEREHDEC
Seattle, Washington
“Always a positive and great experience”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

The food is excellent, high quality dishes at an affordable price. Me and my family have been here multiple times and have always left happy. They have a great wine selection and in my opinion is the best steakhouse in San Jose. The service is very good. The steaks and their pork tenderloin are my favorites.

Visited January 2013
“Upscale dining experience”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Went to Donde Carlos with a friend. Location is in an upscale neighborhood about a ten minute cab ride from downtown San Jose, the restaurant is a converted house with two stories as well as al fresco dining.

Argentinian food, on the expensive (for San Jose) side, but good quality cuts and well prepared. I don't understand a previous reviewer's comment about the portions being small... After indulging in appetizers, I couldn't finish my steak :).

The patrons were all well-heeled locals, mostly older couples or families.

Extensive wine list, mostly Argentinian and Chilean.

Great service - attentive, discreet, but not pushy. If you're looking for a quality dining experience at reasonable (100 dollars for two people) prices, a good choice.

• Visited November 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Ehhhh...”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I was recommended this place by a friend. We're not friends anymore...kidding. I just really wasn't that impressed. I ate at another steakhouse that is far superior to this one (La Esquina de Buenos Aires). Super modern, and somewhat snobby atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012