“Perfectly cooked rib-eye!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Donde Carlos

Donde Carlos
Ranked #76 of 599 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rowland Heights, California
“Perfectly cooked rib-eye!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The last night of our honeymoon was spent braving the San Jose traffic and one-way streets to this gem of a restaurant in a residential area. We arrived just after the restaurant opened at 5pm and the staff seemed surprised to see anyone come for dinner so early. We were asked to choose where to sit, and decided on the second level room facing the terrace. Server was attentive and spoke English. He was able to describe menu items and answer our questions. There were three dipping sauces for the basket of bread that were delicious! We ordered the Argentinian meat roll appetizer, which came with potato salad. We both thought it bland. The ribeye was medium-rare as ordered, the grilled eggplant was tender and sweet, and the mashed potatoes were a great complement to the meat. My husband's pork roast was a bit dry, but was compensated a bit by the sauce containing roasted apple slices. We were too full to order dessert, but didn't miss it. Total bill came to 25,680 colones.

• Visited February 2014

Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
“Excellent steak!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Absolutely delicious argentinian-style steak!!! I had a homemade sausage and a sirloin steak cooked to an ideal rare-medium finish. Very kind owners, great location, a bit pricey, but great.

• Visited October 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Get the Apple Pancake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on our last night in Costa Rica and I am so glad we did. The food was amazing. He started with sweet breads (he loved, I refused to try) and I started with Seafood Tartar (delicious). We shared an Argentinian Meat Entree for 2 which was served a platter that had coals underneath giving us the option to further cook our meat when it was too rare. We reluctantly ordered dessert after being too full for anything else. SO GLAD WE DID!

The Apple Pancake was probably the best dessert dish I have ever had in my life. We were amazed. I need the recipe!

• Visited February 2013
LONDON
“Delicious Argentinian no nonsense steak house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Donde Carlos is a 'not so cheap' neighbourhood Restaurant in los Yoses , San jose.
However..the food is superb. The attention and service ...faultless.
It is best to seat on the terrace upstairs and enjoy an al fresco experience.
Due to its Argentinian heritage ordering meat is always an excellent option.
The desserts are outstanding.. the wine list extense..
Be prepared to fork out $$ but you will not regret this pleasant experience

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank TEREHDEC
Seattle, Washington
“Always a positive and great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

The food is excellent, high quality dishes at an affordable price. Me and my family have been here multiple times and have always left happy. They have a great wine selection and in my opinion is the best steakhouse in San Jose. The service is very good. The steaks and their pork tenderloin are my favorites.

Visited January 2013