“Trip to Costa Rica (Tortugero, Arenal, Monteverde, Manual Antonio)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Rican Trails - Day Tours

Costa Rican Trails - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rican Trails proudly presents a collection of unique travel experiences in each and every tour. Every multiday package, hotel, tour, and transportation service has been carefully designed and selected to meet our high standards of quality and travel value.
Cary, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trip to Costa Rica (Tortugero, Arenal, Monteverde, Manual Antonio)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were very happy with the complete package planned for us by Costa Rica Trails. They organized the entire trip based on our requirements. We were very impressed by the logistics of the entire trip, including local transportation and hotels. Everything worked like a clockwork, the transportation was punctual and the hotels were perfect. The events planned (zip lining in Monteverde, White water rafting in Manual Antonio) were perfect and we had a great time. Costa Rica Trails did a great job.

2 Thank shdcntx

Los Angeles, California
“Had a wonderful day out in nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I took a one day combo tour to Doka, Poa and La Paz and enjoyed myself very much. CRT booking worked smoothly and communication before the tour was effective and clear. The tour was well planned, the guide was great and the group was a nice mix of younger and older North Americans, Europeans and some South Americans. We managed to enjoy all the sites in a non-rushed atmosphere. I would take another tour next time I am in Costa Rica, hopefully early next year.

North Hollywood, CA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A++ for Costa Rican Trails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

In June 2013 a group of 10 of us set out from Los Angeles for a fitness and adventure trip promoted by me and my business in Los Angeles (www.getfitwithwitt.com) and in conjunction with Costa Rican Trails. Our itinerary was fast and furious and included a 2 day hike up and down Mt. Chirripo, Poas Volcano, Zip Lining through the cloud forest, whitewater rafting, Jaco Beach, a day in San Jose, and a private dinner party thrown by locals for us. All of this in 9 days! Anna at the office was very efficient and worked with us to get it all together. I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to meet her.

Costa Rican Trails organized everything and we covered a large part of the central valley and some sections of the south and north zones, and the pacific ocean coast. The van was always on time to pick us up, the driver (Jose) was like our long lost brother, we never had any problems with our hotels, national parks, or wildlife preserves. It was flawless!

If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica that involves lots of activities and logistics, go with Costa Rican Trails, you'll be very happy and saying "Pura Vida" by the end of your trip!

Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Outstanding Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Costa Rican Trails staff provided our group some of the BEST customer service I've ever had. They were kind, friendly, patient, informative and VERY, VERY helpful. Jose and Blaine were the perfect ambassadors of the company and of Costa Rica. The tour packages Costa Rican Trails put together were more than we expected.

The only reason I'm not giving the CRT a 5 rating is because I was a little disappointed with the Canopy tour.......I visited Costa Rica several years ago and the Canopy Tour I did then was way more challenging and thrilling than the Canopy Tour they set up for us and it was the least interesting excursion of all the excursions CRT set up for us.

During my next trip Costa Rica, I will definitely contact Costa Rican Trails again for any excursions I might want to repeat or news one I want to try.

Porterville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Vacation with CR Trails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our entire vacation was great. Returned six weeks ago. Rainy season just started.
Worked with Ana Vargas; she kept us informed of the costs, changes and travel possibilities via email. She was very efficient and helpful.
We scheduled a 10 day self driving tour. We started in the capital; stayed at the Alta Hotel ($185/note). Next morning drove north to Arenal (La Fortuna), stayed at The Springs Resort ($450/nite). Suggestion: if you drive, use the rental GPS; our GPS from the states did not work. Also, use the new, toll road when driving north and not Hwy 1. Watch for cops (fines are very expensive). The Springs has 28 different hot springs pools there. Took a river inner-tube trip; it was great. Young men with lots of enthusiasm and knowledge of the flora/fauna. That evening went on a Twilight Tour and got to watch the local cats in the zoo being fed. Then west and south to Tambor. Take the road west and then south (avoid the ferry). Stayed at Tango Mar ($250/nite...stay 3 nites and the 4th is free). A lovely little resort on a very beautiful, secluded beach. Reminds me of staying in Maui, Hawaii. The owner is from Holland...a very lovely lady. Then on to Playa Flamingo in the north. Stayed at the Flamingo Beach Resort ($185/nite). Ok accommodations. Beautiful beach. Get the all inclusive with breakfast included. Otherwise, it cost $15 each morning. From there back to the airport (4 and 1/2 hour drive) and then home. Our boy and grandson live in Playa Flamingo CR. They have been there almost six years. They love the area and the people. We, overall, had a great vacation with the help of CR Trails!

Visited May 2013