“The Flavor of International Cuisine”
Review of Lukas

Lukas
Ranked #468 of 707 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Lukas is a unique Costa Rican Restaurants 5 minutes from downtown San Jose. They specialize in various meats with Costa Rican side dishes and International cuisine. The most tender steak I have ever eaten! Large portions and always tasty. Ideal for families and couples. Children's menu available. Reasonable prices and Service is excellent! Shops, galleries, bar, etc. within Lukas location including handicrafts " Zuraska" ...Lukas own store where they offer discounts to their customers.
We go to Lukas every time we visit San Jose!!!

2  Thank Marsha T

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Lukas is a steakhouse located in a commercial center called "El Pueblo". I was accompanied by two people. we had made a reservation and were given a nice table. The service is stellar. We ordered some patacones (mashed plantain served with refried beans) and they were outstanding. My two friends ordered steaks which were cooked as they requested. I was not so lucky, unfortunately. I ordered a New York Strip very rare. It was medium and extremely salty in spots. The waiter offered to exchange it but I didn't want to delay the rest of my party. For dessert we ordered apple pie which was cut in a triangular shape but had a bread pudding-like consistency. It wasn't bad, but it was not what we expected.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Probably not the best place for lunch in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Good restaurant. Would recommend the Black Bean Soup

Reviewed 31 October 2009

Myself and 2 friends came back to Lukas, not busy on a Sunday night this past October. 2-3 dance clubs in the area were in full blast, but we weren't bothered by noise. This restaurant is open air, and it's a great place to chat. Once again the specialty is steak, and a Baby Lukas fit the bill. Veggies and a beer for under $20US, with great friendly service, and boy was the food quick. I really recommend this place, in Pueblo, a $4.00US taxi ride from downtown. I am planning a trip back soon, and I will definitely have another pleasant visit to Lukas.