“A good long stay”

Ranked #4 of 66 San Jose B&B and Inns
Cancun, Mexico
“A good long stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I was in Casa Lima for almost 2 months while in San Jose for work.

Everyone was really helpful. I loved their breakfast. I stayed in room 19. They definitely do need to give it a bit of maintenance and I did mention it but otherwise I was very comfortable all the time.
It is a safe area, close to everything that you need.
I am really glad I found them ...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Silverthorne, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed at Casa Lima in April of 2012 in both the beginning and the end of our trip. We have family who lives walking distance from the hotel and chose this property mostly because of location but also because we had a great experience booking the property and retrieving info from the management.

The courtyard was beautiful! We spent a lot of time hanging out in the courtyard, playing with Don Kiko and just hanging out. The staff was friendly and joked around with us. The breakfast was great, I always love a traditional Costa Rican continental breakfast. Fresh fruits, breads and plenty of nummy coffee and fresh squeeezed juice.

We rented the same room for both of our stays. Two, attached rooms. One had a queen bed and one had two twins. They were adjoining, both had TV's, A/C, mini fridge and their own bathrooms. Simple, but clean and certainly comfortable. We had a rental car, parked outside, below our 2nd floor rooms and it was safe, they patrol the area all night long.

We most definitely return to Casa Lima in the future (next trip, April 2014!!). We were a party of 3 adults and a 5 year old. Family friendly and all around a great experience!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lyon, France
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Good place, good feeling when you arrive, immediatly in jungle (monkey, perrots, birds, plants...)!!!!! Rooms are not large but enought for some nights...I was ejoy for my first trip in Costa rica and came back night before turn back in France

Room Tip: rooms are quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 9 May 2013

stayed at this b&b on our first and also last day during our visit in CR.
everyone is very helpful and friendly. arranged car rental at great prices (better than online!) and drop-off at the air port for us.
The garden inside the "casa" is especially beautiful! I can only recommend this place!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The courtyard and the wildlife inside was always great to wake up to. Nelson and his staff were awesome and took care of all our needs. It was a great jumping off point to our Costa Rican vacation. We would recommend this place to our friends and family.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 2nd floor facing the courtyard
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This is not your typical B&B but your home in San Jose .my husband and I were there for 3 weeks primarily for my dental care.Nelson,Danny,and all the staff became our "family "in San Jose and I will never stay anywhere else.I have to return at least twice in the upcoming year to finish my dental care (poor me ha ha)Nelson,the proprietor is the "man with the biggest heart in latin America"he goes above and beyond anything you would normally expect from a B&B owner.we left very early Tuesday morning and we miss casa Lima already.all you have to do is call their miami phone # and ask to speak to Nelson or Danny(the day time front desk manager)tell them what your bedroom requirements are and they will do the rest.p.s. The price is right.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple