“Go for the view, not the food”

Restaurante Ram Luna
Ranked #13 of 671 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mountain restaurant and lookout point with an excellent view of the capital city of San José, the city of Heredia, Tres Ríos, Aserrí and the Irazú Volcano. Located at 5870 feet above sea level, with 2 fireplaces and decorated like home it has a cozy and warm ambiance. An outside patio with an open firepit and park benches around, attracts those who likes to take pictures of the scenery. With 49 years in business, now we have a menu that combines the best of Costa Rica and international cuisine and a selected list of wines. The Ram Luna was initiated by the family Ramírez Aguilar, Gilber and Moraima, who still live in the property and keep running the restaurant. Our menu is 90% gluten free and all of our condiments are gluten free. We have options for veggies.
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Was there just last week with family during my most recent trip to Costa Rica. In had never been to Ram Luna before, as we walked in they had a marimba trio playing, which was nice. We got our table right by the windows with a nice view of San Jose. The waiter offered us the typical all you can eat buffet ($20 dollars) and brought the menu. One of the family members went for the buffet which we all thought was on the greasy side, empanadas, fried plantains, chicharrones, etc. and the rest decided to order from the menu. For appetizer we ordered Patacones con Frijoles, which were loaded with oil. For a main meal I ordered a Lomito in salsa Jalapeña which was just OK. And the other person ordered another piece of meat, but it came very tough and decided to return it, and ordered what I had ordered. This place is great to enjoy the view and couple of drinks! And that's what I will do if I ever go back.

1  Thank HighHeelsTourist

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was my first time , but not my last for sure...With an Amazing Breathless Overlooking The Mountains and Cities Lights......
The Owner went outside to say hi.....and welcome us back .
I promise her , I will.

1  Thank Ticacuca
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our visit here was a wonderful experience. The management and staff were extremely nice and accomodating. The food was great (all you can eat and drink), the show was fun, and the view was extraordinary. The owner honored our 42nd anniversary and sang to us and presented us with a mini cheesecake. An all around wonderful experience!

danielaramirez, Director of Sales at Restaurante Ram Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

We`re really happy you celebrate your anniversary with us!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We ate here at our first night in Costa Rica. As everyone says, the views are amazing. The food was good -- lots of option that offered something for everyone. The traditional dance and music show was fun too. I was glad we went.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This restaurant is way out of the way but worth the drive. It has a beautiful view overlooking the city lights. The food is good and the service is excellent. It had a fun folkloric dance show with Costa Rican buffet and "fireworks" show on every Wednesday night. The owners host the show and talk a lot. But it is still fun-and the alcohol is all included. Great place for groups. I would recommend reservations.