“Nice Romantic Valentine's Day Find”
Review of El Balcon de Europa - CLOSED

El Balcon de Europa
Walnut Creek, CA
“Nice Romantic Valentine's Day Find”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This restaurant was a stone's throw away from our hotel (Presidente) and made for a lovely Valentine's night dinner. I recommend it for those staying in San Jose.

Visited February 2014

San Francisco, California
“Excellent food and good value”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I had our New Year's Eve dinner here. The service was very good. My husband started with tomato soup and I had the asparagus soup and both were very good and tasty. My husband had blanquette de veau and I had the special, sea bass. Both were excellent. Finally, we shared a creme brûlée for desert. Overall, the decor, the service, the food all are very good. I had no complaint. They well deserve five stars. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Nice restaurant and good value”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is my regular place to dine when visiting San Jose. They have a nice menu and the service has always been outstanding. The mixed plate of pasta is very good and for about $15 is a nice value. the decor is tasteful and the place is clean. The only negative is that it sits across from a busy bus stop and the bus fumes get a little overwhelming. I always eat here though and will continue to.

• Visited August 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I spent 10 days in Costa Rica in 2008. We stayed in San Jose the first three days and had lunch here all three times and supper once. We asked a cab driver to take us to a moderately priced restaurant for lunch and man did he pick a good one. The first thing you see is a large table with 6 or 7 large wheels of cheese (all Italian). We were waited on and shortly the owner, a very nice Italian gentleman, came to our table with a sampling plate of the cheeses. He introduced himself and sat with us while we were waiting for our meal (which was excellent). After the meal we talked some more and he told us that he had sailed most of the world as a cruise line chef. When he got to Costa Rica he fell in love with the country and it's people. shortly thereafter he quit the cruise line, moved to Costa Rica and open up his restaurant.
If you are looking for a very good home style meal at a reasonable price you've got to come here. We will traveling there this fall and I can't wait.

• Visited August 2012
Key West, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We have been to this Restaurant several times and it's been very consistently good. It is located downtown close to the walking area. The service is always good. It may be the owners They spoke very good English, not that it would of been a requirement.

Visited June 2013