In & Basic Hostel Lounge
US$81
US$97
Bookit.com
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
US$151
US$97
Travelocity
US$181
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed here for the first few days of my trip to Costa Rica and again when I was passing through San Jose again. Ron & Karlis were really helpful ahead of my arrival as well as once I had got there. The hostel is clean and comfortable, about a 20 minute walk to downtown but located in a nice quite neighborhood, with easy access to a supermarket and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We stayed here the last few days of our trip throughout Central America. We absolutely loved our stay here. The people who run it are really nice and helpful. They make homemade pizza which are great as well. Good beds, nice people, clean bathrooms, exactly what you want in a hostel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marcel J
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and was really happy with the choice of hostel. It's in a really nice area of San Jose. The hostel is clean, has a sociable vibe to it with a big tv, laptops for guests to use, clean bathrooms, well equipped kitchen, good dining area and huge sofas in the living room. It feels more like living in a house than a hostel. The owners are friendly too. Will be returning on my visit to San Jose. It's also around the corner to a huge supermarket (good if you're cooking in), San Pedro Mall and an amazing cafe, Sweet Sensations, for a cupcake fix.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DXCLondon
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Hi,

I stayed here on my first and last night in costa rica.

The owners arranged :

# transportation from the airport and return

( verry kind driver was waiting for me with a sign with my name on , this was a good start for the vacation for me )

# Rental car

( 4 x 4 , small jeep as asked , it was perfect and looked brand new , and the most importent the cheapest " when traveling around casta rica comparing the prices with other travellers and searching the internet )

# I could always ask for information when travelling trough facebook or email.

# The Hostel is a little out of the city area , buth the prices are nice's , Rooms are basic but verry clean.
They provide , free laptops , x box and other.

# breakfast ( quite simple : pancakes but good )

Overall : The staff was verry helfpull , friendly there was a nice vibe , had a good rest in the rooms , and they arenged me good deals and information.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL TO ANY TRAVELLER. !!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrbievers
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed two times at the In&Basic at the very begining of our trip to Costa Rica and at the end before leaving for the airport.
Ron & Karlis (the owners) had very good knowledge of all the activities that one can do in Costa Rica along with info on how to do them and how to get there. Quite impressive.
The hostel is clean and the common areas are freshly decorated and comfortable (giant TV, pool table, nice sofas, well equiped kitchen, exotic garden, wifi, ...).

During our second we arrived quite late at the hostel and Ron drove us to a 24h store so that we could grab some late groceries for diner.

I would definitely recommand this place for an entry or exit point in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple