This Hostel appeared really fun with its recreation room, cool artwork and outdoor kitchen BUT there are some serious drawbacks for a place that charges a very high $45 US/ Night for a private room in San Jose:
- “”Paper” thin walls, so you hear everything going on and struggle to sleep
- Televisions are not in all private rooms
– Ground floor Private room poorly located right beside the street
– Private rooms have poor or next to no window shades
-“Parking lot” for this hostel is around two vehicles max
- The most pathetic breakfast (cookies, coffee and bananas) for a Hostel I had during my entire two weeks, 7 hostel stay in this Country.
Go Somewhere else and get more bang for your buck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flying in or out of San Jose? Don't miss the opportunity to see the city!! At Aldea, we are perfectly situated to allow our guests to experience all the best the city has to offer while staying in a hostel of hotel quality. Located just off Paseo Colon, we are within walking distance of the Costa Rican Art Museum, National Museum of Costa Rica, National Theater, and central market, where you can experience the authentic hustle and bustle of locals shopping for food and goods. If you'd rather spend your time outdoors, we are a short 5 blocks from the large La Sabana Metropolitan Park. Here you'll find beautiful mountain views, a small lake, playground, and plenty of open space and walking paths, as well as the National Stadium. You may even get lucky and have the opportunity to watch a futbol game! The accommodations at Aldea match the luxuries of the city, too. Located inside a stunning Victorian mansion, we offer private rooms and dorms where you can relax in style. Each private room features a vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan, full bathroom with hot water, small closet, TV, and free wifi. Dorms include lockers and a shared bath inside the room, and free coffee is available for all guests each morning. For those who want to socialize with travelers from around the world, there is an outdoor kitchen and garden, spacious lobby with plenty of seating, and an attached restaurant and bar. With so much to see and do, you don't want to miss San Jose. So book your stay with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Aldea San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.