“great food in a bad spot.”
Review of Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu
Ranked #159 of 663 Restaurants in San Jose
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2013

hotel desk said eat at the Machu Picchu, great fish food. the food was great. everyone had some type of fish dish. the decore was very nice. would definately go back.

There are newer reviews for Machu Picchu

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Must to go, its just amazing! My first time was in 2004! And every time I go back to Cuzco, I go to Machu Pichu!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Tucked away in a corner of San Pedro, this restaurant has some of the best Peruvian food I have tasted. The ambience is cozy (they have an outdoor seating area and a little play yard for kids), service is great, prices are reasonable, but best of all the food is great!!

Try their appetizers (octopus, and other seafood), and for entrees try the Secco lamb (fantastic, cilantro curry style tender lamb), or one of the sea-bass specials. My colleagues had steak and they said it was very good too.

I went there twice in two trips to CR and highly recommend it.

Prices will likely range about $16-$20 per person (including one drink, service charge and tip).

Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Absolutely excellent seafood. Very high quality. However the ambience was quite drab and the waiter may have taken advantage of me some, but that's probably my fault. My wife and I ended up with two separate plates of octopus versus one plate for two people. In other words, LOTS of octopus... We would have been more than fine sharing a plate for 1. Oh well. Food was outstanding...maybe a little pricey, probably worth it.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Went to this place near our hotel in Sabana for a late evening drink and snack, and found one of the best Pisco Sours I've ever had. The Papa Rellena and the Papas a la Huancaina were both delicious, and enough for a light meal.