“Excellent location and excellent host !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Abierta B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Jose
Casa Abierta B&B
Ranked #6 of 67 San Jose B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Excellent location and excellent host !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

It was very nice location since you can walk to downtown and nice neighborhood area!
The owner was an amazing person. I could easily stay a week to hear his stories and finding out what his projects over there! It was trasure to meet him :) Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank SpringMM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Words cannot describe the level of care and hospitality Darrylle gives his guest. I was originally suppose to fly into Liberia, due to plane issues I had a last minute detour to San Jose and I need a place to stay for one night. I contacted D, really late the night before I was due to arrive. I told him my sob story and asked if he had room. Luckily he did, it was the best night ever. He picked me up from the airport and made me broccoli soup on the cold and rainy day I arrived. It was just so perfect. Later that evening he made me and the other guest, beans and rice with spicy chicken mole followed by a night of great conversation. If you want feel like being around friends and family I say stay with Darrylle. He is more than a host. I would recommend him as the only place to stay in San Jose.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank colorful c
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

If you are planning a visit to San Jose, I highly recommend that you stay with Darrylle at Casa Abierta. The house is beautiful and comfortable, centrally located, and Darrylle is a flawless host. You will wake to smells of fresh baking, as breakfast consists of homemade banana bread and muffins, delicious platters of fresh fruit, and even homemade jam! Also, if there is anything you need, Darrylle seems to have the answers. He readily assists with helping to book tours, arrange taxis, suggest restaurants....your whole experience of San Jose and perhaps even Costa Rica will be enriched by meeting him. So book....and enjoy!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank K R
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed in Casa Abierta for 2 nights and loved it. This was my first time staying with a host and I was pretty apprehensive, but Darylle (host) has such a warm and pleasant persona about him, it put me to ease. His home is lovely and well furnished - quite airy and has lots of light. The building itself is secure and the neighborhood is great. I walked alone in the night to a mall close-by to grab food and felt very safe. The house is close to centro (about 15 minutes walk, 5 min cab ride) but still away from all the hustle of San Jose. A cab from centro to his house cost me $5.
The house was very comfortable and the beds are super awesome. I had my best sleep in Costa Rica here. There was another bedroom but didn't have any guests.
Darylle was a great conversationist, and he is very well travelled. Its great to talk to him during breakfast and while having tea in his patio. Also, he has a great book collection :)
I have no cons about this place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank swordfish82
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Darrylle was an amazing host. He was very warm and welcoming and offered friendly travelling advice. The room was spotless, the bed the most comfortable one we had in costa rica, and the service excellent. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nadia h
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Perfect is the only way I can describe our two nights at Casa Abierta. The home is absolutely beautiful. I say home, because that is how we felt from the minute Darrylle picked us up at the airport.The property speaks for itself, clean, beautiful, spacious and relaxing.
Our host, Darrylle, has to be one of the most interesting, friendly and loving people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We actually decided to spend our nights staying in to enjoy his company, along with delicious food, wine, all served up in his beaurtif home (Darrylle makes excellent Margaritas too!) We actually returned on the last night of our trip becasue we had such a wonderful time. The location was perfect, situated in a quiet neighborhood and within walking distance of all the important sites in San Jose.
So again, our experience.....perfect. And I happy to say that I have made a freind for life. Thank you Darrylle!!

Room Tip: They are the best rooms in San Jose, so how do you choose?? The 2 rooms upstairs are identical. Howe...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CaptBrody
sazzlejo1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

Staying at Casa Abierta was the perfect end to a six week trip in Central America. Located in a safe and super convenient neighbourhood, within walking distance of Downtown, the University and lots of bars and restaurants, Casa Abierta itself is a peaceful and unique house with large comfortable rooms, beds and powerful hot showers (very welcome!) The outside extension to the living room was a lovely place to chat to Darylle over coffee. Darylle really made our stay in San Jose, helping with everything from restaurant recommendations, running routes and taking us to the airport before 6am. Darylle is committed to ensuring that his guests have a fantastic experience. From the home made banana bread and jam at breakfast, the comfiest pillows on our trip and the honest and inspiring conversations we had, our experience of Casa Abierta is one we would definitely recommend.

September 2011