“Peruvian Fine Dining”

Inka Grill Lindora
Ranked #242 of 620 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The variety, the lusciousness and the distinctive blend of flavors of Peruvian food served in an elegant way has created the perfect fusion.Fresh ingredients combined with the best quality of Peruvian products produces an intense taste and aroma, which is also very healthy. For all these reasons, our culinary art is recognized worldwide.
Cape Town
“Peruvian Fine Dining”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Both the food and the service were excellent -thanks Orlando Vargus for recommending this restaurant! Im a chef, so I really wanted to eat unfamiliar food, and that's what I got -so beautifully and freshly prepared and presented. the rest of my party are not in food, and they also really enjoyed it, especially the wide ceviche menu.

Visited January 2014

Rome
“Modern Peruvian!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The service may come across a little cold but nonetheless professional... the food was simply fantastic and as cocktails go, Pisco Sours at Inka are delicious! Prices are not cheap but not crazy and once offset with the quality of the food you will not be disappointed; especially the appetizers!

We were also offered the discount for cash, our bill was pretty high and if I had the cash on me I'd have bit their hand off for the 30% offered! I have no qualms with this approach at all.

We had a long dinner, past closing and never felt rushed! To top it off, just a short stroll back to Aloft Hotel.

I will be back to Inka for sure!

• Visited December 2013
parsippany, nj
“Good Peruvian food”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I actually meant to go to another restaurant but the taxi driver couldn't find it so we saw this restaurant and told him to stop there.

The service was fine and the food came quickly. No issues like some of the other reviewers mentioned.

The two dishes we got were a chicken stew and grilled fish. Both were actually quite tasty. The fish was cooked nicely and the stew was rich and hearty. We got a chocolate torte for dessert. That was ok not great.

What was nice was when I got back to the hotel the manager called to let them know we had trouble with the taxi driver (suffice it to say we had an altercation given we didn't end up at the destination we were supposed to be with the meter running up all the while) so I thought that was very nice.

To be honest this is the only restaurant I tried in San Jose but I think it is worth going to based on my experience with the food.

• Visited December 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Very Average”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The food was ok, the portions very small and the service was very slow. It was a nice outdoor type atmosphere though it was a little too loud to carry on a conversation.

Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Nice location, but bad service and they tried to rip us off”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant. It wasn't far from the hotel and surrounded by many shops & restaurants. When in another country I try my best to speak the language. We greeted the waiter in Spanish, and he seated us with a Spanish menu, but was happy to give us an English menu when we mentioned that we couldn't read it. Wait service was a bit cold in that he took our drink order and never came back to take out food order, or give is bread. Apparently his shift was ending as we saw him leaving the restaurant. Next waiter was nicer and took our order. Drinks and appetizer were good. I had the Inca Causa and it was really good, but I ordered the chicken version, and they gave me the shrimp version, which was more expensive (strike #1). Sadly I didn't realize it at the time. Main course came and my dish was really uneventful. Fish wasn't tasty and on a whole the menu was way over priced for what you received. Waiter tried to up-sell us several times, which wouldn't have been a problem if they got our orders correct. Waiter came to check on us and seemed nicer than the first, but when the time to pay the bill came he figured he could take advantage of us. He mentioned that if you paid cash you would get a 20% discount. I was really tired from traveling 4 hours from Arenal, so didn't pay as much attention to the bill as I should have, but I'm almost certain that 20% was not taken off of the bill. I paid part in cash and part on my credit card. When I asked about the other charges that were on the bill the waiter said they were taxes. When I pressed him, because one line item said tax and the other said Service, he said "yes, that's the tip, but as you can see it's small and not enough as we share with everyone working". I didn't read about tipping in Costa Rica before I got there, so I was applying NY rules and leaving between 15%- 20%. So after I gave part cash I got the bill with the remainder of the bill and left more tip than what was already included to get to 20%. When I checked my credit card bill this person had the nerve to charge me for the full amount! Ridiculous! We met other friends later in our trip and I told them not to go to this restaurant. Will not be back.

• Visited October 2013