“Great option on the cheap”
Review of La Criollita

La Criollita
Ranked #31 of 729 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This place saved my life for breakfast options. A decent breakfast for relatively cheap. Service is mediocre, but meets the price point.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Was recommended by our bell boy at the Holiday Inn. Definitely worth a visit. Was given some complimentary soup. Good servings. Good value for money.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Went there by red taxi because of the ?? neighborhood for dinner around 8:00 pm which closes at 9:00 sharp! The place was empty but we were greeted by same older tica waitress who remembered us from last visit 6/2013! We let her recommend the fresh fish & beef steak with mushroom dinners & they were tastier & cheaper than our 4 star hotel! I was told that lunch time was packed with Costa Rican businesmen for daily "casado lunch special"?

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel, since the hotel's restaurant was closed that night. The food was delicious, the service excellent and the house wine terrific.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We visited this restaurant with our friends, one of whom is Costa Rican. He loved the place. Perhaps I was rico food out by then (the last night of our trip), but I found the food to be average (I had the equivalent of shrimp scampi). My husband had a fish and shrimp dish that he truly enjoyed, so perhaps it truly is a matter of taste.

1  Thank Valerie O