My famliy and I visited this beautiful country 2 years ago, traveling on pleasure... amazing vacations!. Back in that time, It was chosen a hotel more focus to leisure, and we were very happy with our choice (Adventure Inn Hotel).
When I got a new account one year ago based in Costa Rica, I decided to visit my new customer to see his company's infraestructure, therefore I looked for a business oriented hotel that provides what's usually is needed in a business trip.
I have had very nice choices of hotels based from the tripadvisor reviews and this one was not the exception. I decided to give it a try based on the "positives" comments, but I was in fact a little concern about the "negative" ones, but still I booked my two night stay there.
Now, pro's and con's:
1. Very competitive price for what you get.
2. Location with a good access to airport, downtown and business complexes.
3. Attention from the staff
What's no so good:
1. Aged looking of the hotel/room in general
2. Expensive breakfast
3. ....nothing else!!!
Eventhough hotel shows its age, everything is perfectly clean and works just fine. There is a casino at the end of the main hall. Bar lounge area is nice and with live music. Lobby area is ok where you can be seated to wait for your business partners. In case you bring a rented car there is a free parking and very secure. Supermarket in front of the hotel (good option to purchase Costa Rican coffe MUCH LESS expensive than in the airport or other turistic areas) and pool area and fitness center are very nice.
There is a "Rostipollos" restaurant really good just by walking distance. Just walk heading the Nissan car sales agency and at the corner and turn right and 100 mts you will find it. I felt secure by walking by night. There is also a Burger king (in case you need one!) and a McDonalds much more further (I don't recommend to walk).
In general I was VERY HAPPY to have chosen this hotel for my quick business trip. Service is really customer oriented. I had a late flight on my day of check out and ladies at the front desk allowed me a late check out with no extra charge.
I highly recommend this hotel for a business trip to San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Crowne Plaza Corobicí Conference Center- is the ideal place to enjoy your visit to San Jose. Is located just 5 minutes away from the financial district and 15 minutes away from the Juan Santamaria International Airport. Is perfect for your business travels or to spend your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Corobici
- Crowne Plaza San Jose