“Excellent business hotel!!!”

Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
Monterrey
“Excellent business hotel!!!”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My famliy and I visited this beautiful country 2 years ago, traveling on pleasure... amazing vacations!. Back in that time, It was chosen a hotel more focus to leisure, and we were very happy with our choice (Adventure Inn Hotel).

When I got a new account one year ago based in Costa Rica, I decided to visit my new customer to see his company's infraestructure, therefore I looked for a business oriented hotel that provides what's usually is needed in a business trip.

I have had very nice choices of hotels based from the tripadvisor reviews and this one was not the exception. I decided to give it a try based on the "positives" comments, but I was in fact a little concern about the "negative" ones, but still I booked my two night stay there.

Now, pro's and con's:

What's good:
1. Very competitive price for what you get.
2. Location with a good access to airport, downtown and business complexes.
3. Attention from the staff

What's no so good:
1. Aged looking of the hotel/room in general
2. Expensive breakfast
3. ....nothing else!!!

Eventhough hotel shows its age, everything is perfectly clean and works just fine. There is a casino at the end of the main hall. Bar lounge area is nice and with live music. Lobby area is ok where you can be seated to wait for your business partners. In case you bring a rented car there is a free parking and very secure. Supermarket in front of the hotel (good option to purchase Costa Rican coffe MUCH LESS expensive than in the airport or other turistic areas) and pool area and fitness center are very nice.

There is a "Rostipollos" restaurant really good just by walking distance. Just walk heading the Nissan car sales agency and at the corner and turn right and 100 mts you will find it. I felt secure by walking by night. There is also a Burger king (in case you need one!) and a McDonalds much more further (I don't recommend to walk).

In general I was VERY HAPPY to have chosen this hotel for my quick business trip. Service is really customer oriented. I had a late flight on my day of check out and ladies at the front desk allowed me a late check out with no extra charge.

I highly recommend this hotel for a business trip to San Jose, Costa Rica.

Bon voyage!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Davicho77
Corobici, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Dear Guest .

Thank you very much for all your comments, in detail, thanks for the time and for letting us know the areas that we do need to make changes. The good news is that Crowne Plaza Brand is comming with a refresh, in color, bedding, and our hotel is part of this worldwide experience, the rooms will be also refreshed, with new colors, carpet, new , modern, actual, bedding, and much more in details and service that will make us look different. Our hotel we are sure will look different ,and feel different.

We will be looking forward for your next visit ,

Sales & Marketing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed here for two nights as a stop over between Nicaragua and the Caribbean coast of CR. wish I'd perhaps have stayed a little longer really, although there is not a great deal to do in San Jose itself, there are plenty of things to do within about an hour or so drive from the city.

The hotel is as per the usual high standards of the crowne plaza chain, the room was clean and modern, beds comfortable, communal areas spacious. There is free wifi in the communal areas but not in the rooms where you have to pay for it. Tere is a large hotel gym open to residents and locals, I especially enjoyed relaxing in their outside jacuzzi / hot tub during a torrential rainstorm!

Breakfast and room service meals were both very good, I wasn't so fussed with the Japanese restaurant that's part of the hotel, but there were a number of others there who seemed to be very much enjoying their food.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Jose and I would happily return.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Mark T
Dear Guest :

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we look forward each day to become The Hotel that Guest Love, and we hope that in a future stay we can impact you with our Traditional Japanesse Restaurant,

On behalf of our Staff , we want to share with you a Great Thanks in recommend our hotel to other guests and friends this is our best recommendation business card, your experience. !!!!!

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The Hotel is a big box next to a main road. It has seen better times.
he rooms are spacious and complete, but with old inventory and a slightly filthy old carpet. I am always suspicious about tropical places with carpets, serving as germ catchers.
The bathroom fits the over all impression, ok, but outdated.
Bed sheets were perfectly clean and fresh. the window didn't lock well,mso I had some bus noise beginning at 5am.
Breakfast is an average buffet with nice service. The bar boasts with loud (and utterly inappropriate Latin Hip Hop) music even at 4pm, when one would just want to relax over e beer and make some calls. My request to lower the volume was rejected with the comment "this is a bar, there must be music here."
The BRITT hotel shop is well stocked and attended by really lovely staff.
Check in and check out we're uncomplicated and swift, with a very friendly receptionist. When a line was forming, another receptionist was called immediately.
All in all an ok business stay, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, less street noise!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest:

Your comments are highly appreciate, as per a nice and appropiate news is coming along, Crowne Plaza Hotels are going to suffer in a positive way , a change , the Crowne Plaza Brand will refresh , this change has been taken place slowly from 2011 through 2013, where a change in the colors of the brand, new bedding, carpets in the room, amenities and others , will also make a big difference,

We are taking notes of what you have experienced during your visit, like the noice at the Bar, and the other issues, our major concern is that our guests feel very comfortable at our hotel. We do hope to have an opportunity to take very good care of you in a near future.

Yorleny Solano
Operations Manager
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I just recently visited San Jose Costa Rica and I stayed at the Crown Plaza. I really like the location of this Hotel. It’s like 10 minutes by car from downtown. I took a bus for less than a dollar to downtown. This Hotel also has a scheduled shuttle that takes you to downtown and you can take the shuttle back to the hotel later. This was convenient and I took advantage of this. The breakfast is delicious here!!!! They have the best cheese I ever tried.

The Hotel Staff tries very hard to please you and get what you need. If I come back to San Jose Costa Rica I will chose again this Hotel.

The only thing I want to warning you is not to go to a “Costa Rican” restaurant that is located on second street called “Restaurante Nuestra Tierra” they have two menus one for locals and one in dollars. I speak Spanish and “even so” I got the high price menu with US dollars. The prices are extremely high and it’s not worth it. The food is not that good at all. If you decided to give it a try, ask for the menu in colones and I would double check how much is everything because I was tricked by the waiter who seems very charming at the beginning and for two people for two dishes and two glasses of sangria and side of yucca= (family of potatoes) was $61.75usd. Not worthy it!!!!! Then, the same charming guy asks you if you want to leave a tip on top of these prices...!!!!!?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jakewyo
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your time and sharing your comments with us. We will take note of this restaurant and inform our staff in order not to recommend it , so that none of our guests should suffer something similar to this situation.

Costa Rican people has always been proud of having the pride to make our guests or visitors feel like home, in contradiction to your experience at this restaurant.

Thanks much for making us aware,

Sincerely Yours :

Highland, Maryland
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

Hotel is a bit dated. However, rooms are comfortable, decent tv, but bathrooms and decor need updating. I stayed in the club level with access to the Excecutive lounge, which is small and nothing to write about. I tried to call a colleague in another room and took forever for the operator to find his room and connect him. Staff was attentive throughout. Japanese restaurant (teppanyaki and sushi bar) were good. Just average hotel.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest :

Thank you very much for your comments, we are looking forward for the Crowne Plaza Brand Refresh that has been happening since 2011 and will be much more visible for 2013 , colors has changed, new bedding will come as well as carpets, amenities , the change will be coming soft but it will be noticed. Our years of experience will be shown as well in the inside and out side.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that you have faced not being able to get in touch with your collegue, we will share this comment with our staff in order to make an immediate notice. Also with our Japanesse Restaurant due that this place is a unique one for our guests experience and it calls our attention that your experience was not a unique one !!! we have to make our guests keep memorable moments in or hotel.

With high kind regards , for your comments.

Sincerely Yours :

Lubbock, TX
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here last week with some of my coworkers during a 3 day business trip and the stay was perfect!

The room we booked under advance rate (~$95 dollars) was in the sixth floor and was very comfortable and neat. Beds were great the same as the pillows, and the AC worked perfectly (Very important if you need your room super cool!). The room came with a mini fridge//bar that you could empty without any problem to put your own drinks there (no automatic charges here). Closet was big enough to put the luggage bags, had a safe, ironing board, and two robes that were a nice touch. The closet also lits once you open one of the sliding doors which is a nice touch so you don't have to turn all the lights on when looking for your clothes.

The bathroom had plenty of space and the water pressure was great.....also, the temperature was high enough when you needed it. Toilettries included shampoo, rinse and soap bar, so if you like shower gel better take yours with you! Only 3 towels were provided so you need to ask for more to one of the maids.

I liked a lot the additional security feature that the hotel has, which is that you can only access your room floor....you'll need your key at the elevator in order to use it...this might be only for the top floors and I'm not 100 % sure of this....Anyway, you will also need the key in the 6th floor to have access to the executive room lounge: It provides free drinks (Rum, gin, beer, cokes) and finger food from 6-8 pm which was really good if you don't feel like eating too much at night. Also, the free breakfast in the morning and the coffee was just perfect.

Talking about food....the hotel also has restaurants in the first floor and a japanese restaurant in the second floor, but sadly I didn't have time to go there. If you like to gamble, there is a small casino in the first floor, too, with roulette, black jack and all the usual slot machines. You can play in Colones or US dollars if you want.

Wake up call at 5 Am was on time, which is a big deal for me....so they get bonus points with me....additionally, check out was fast and without any problems. Tip: When leaving Costa Rica you need to pay a $28 Dollar exit fee...At this hotel it is possible to charge it to your room and have it ready by the time you'll get to the airport and save some time before you leave.

Room Tip: There is a supermarket across the street in case you need anything....get a room in the 6th floor or...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank alecheverry
Dear Guest ( s )

Thank you very much for your comments, on behalf of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Staff, we do appreciate your time sharing with us your experience , all details were covered and it is very important for us to have the feed back of each area.

We will be looking forward to your future visit to host you again , our reason is to become the Hotel That Guests Love.

SIncerely Yours:

Sales and Marketing Director
Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The Presidential Suite is Outstanding, It is very well laid out and spacious.
The service at the front desk and the house keeping staff were prompt and courtious. The room was spotless
The Beds are exceptionally comfortable.
This Hotel is close to Park, great restaurants and down town area. You can walk to many interesting places within 10 minutes.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kindness in taking the time to share with us your comments, we are always looking forward to grow in quality and excellence.

On behalf of all the Crowne Plaza Hotel Staff, we highly appreciate your support and we hope to host you again in a near future,

Kind regards,