“Lovely view of San Jose”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is the 5th hotel I've stayed in this month (5 hotels in 3 countries) and the least expensive, so to tell you the truth, I wasn't expecting much. When I arrived however, I was a very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were big and well appointed and the staff was friendly. I also was high enough that I got a lovely view of San Jose every time I came out of my room.

I enjoyed the food but I'm Hispanic so having 'Gallo Pinto' (rice and beans) for breakfast was awesome for me. ;) One of my coworkers ordered a Pizza Margherita for lunch and the result wasn't very good (even I could tell and I'm not very picky.) So just be aware that the restaurant may not be as good with items off the menu - I ate from the buffet and liked it very much, but I think it depends on what kind of eater you are.

There's a park nearby where I saw lots of people running but I wasn't able to go (hopefully next time.) We were just too busy - btw, we had an awesome driver in San Jose. Any person interested, just send me a message and I can give you his contact info.

Definitely an hotel to consider either for business or pleasure.

1  Thank dg_abroad
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Guest :

Thank you so much for the time spent in sharing with us your comments we will forward to all the staff so we all the opportunity to share the god news.

Each day our goal is to have the opportunity to make our guests a memorable trip and that their experiences are unique .

It will be our pleasure to be able to host you in a near future , looking forward.

On behalf of the Crowne Plaza Corobicí Hotel , we want to become the Hotel that our Guests Love. !!!!

Sincerely yours:

Sales & Marketing Manager

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici

Reviewed 27 August 2013

For price, location, service and amenities this is our Hotel of choice when staying for business in San Jose, Costa Rica. Our upgraded rooms [Priority Club] are large and the beds very comfortable. An added benefit is the use of the 6th floor executive lounge for work, snacks or happy hour activities. On site there is a large restaurant with buffet or a la carte menus for breakfast lunch or supper. Breakfast can also be taken in the 6th floor executive lounge and the breakfast buffet is one of the best we have experienced.... anywhere.. There is also a Tepanyaki restaurant on site with excellent Japanese meals. The pool is large and located beside the fitness centre.
The Hotel [formally the Coribici] is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. The air conditioning is quiet.
Prices are reasonable for the business traveller who appreciates comfort and quality.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upper floors if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your time for sharing with us your comments we do appreciate it very much. Each day is an opportunity for us to become the Hotel That our Guests Love.

It is our pleasure to express the great satisfaction that we feel knowing that our hotel is the place for you ,

This is your home at any time , we will be looking forward to host you.

Sincerely Yours.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel has all the confort that you need while away from home.. The beds are confortable, clean.. The room are very clean and roomy.. Restaurant prices are cheaper than any other city restaurant. Front office staff is very pleasant and helpful.. I liked the architectural design of this hotel.. I would repeat. Lots of conference rooms which are very confortable and equipped.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guest :

On behalf of all the Hotel Crowne Plaza Corobicí Hotel we appreciate very much the time spent and your kind feed back .

It will be a pleasure to host you again in a near future .

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Sure, I dont choose hotels for its nice teak wood foundation, but this one is a block of ciment with windows carved in the bunker. But the cold feeling quickly fades when you arrive at the first pool, where you can also have a drink or dinner, right by the water surrounded by soft jazzy tunes.
The room is clean, neat and well presented, but has no life. Great amenities for Costa Rica.
The best part of the hotel must be the huge two-level gym that offers classes and a lap pool with lessons. Nice large jacuzzi.
Being downtown in the north part of La Sabana park and right across the street from the supermarket makes it an ideal location. Its spacious seating area scattered through the hotel is also perfect for large groups.
Personally, I like small cozy and personalized low-key service type hotels, hence the average review.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Guest :

On behalf of the Staff of the Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobicí , we do appreciate your time and sharing with us your comments.
It is always very helpful to find out what is our guest appreciation to make the adjustments and changes if needed so for a better and confortable visit.

Your description is very clear and understood , it will be our pleasure to host you in a near future

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The Crown Plaza has many of the comforts one desires when traveling. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom, spacious room. The breakfast and dinner at the restaurant is incredible. Compared to the local restaurants this is the best for the money. I have stayed here several times over the past decade and have never been disappointed with the accomodations, food and/or staff.

Room Tip: Do not forget to use your IHG rewards card, to rack up points.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest .

Thank you very much for your kind attention in sharing with us your comments. We feel very honored for all points that you have remarked. Our Brand phylosophy is to become the Hotel that our guests love and we are making our best performance each and every day to grow step further each day.

Once again thank you very much. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night at the start of a tour in Costa Rica, and it was nicer than I expected. The rooms are clean, there are restaurants and services in the lobby, and the gym is fantastic. I definitely recommend it (although if you are in Costa Rica, hopefully you're not spending your time in San Jose!).

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest :

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing with us your experience at our Hotel. It is so valuable for us to know our guests feelings.
Our goal is to become the Hotel that our Guests Love.

On behalf of the Staff of the Crowne Plaza Hotel a huge thanks ,, we are looking forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here as I started and ended a tour of Costa Rica. The hotel is in good shape, clean and has very friendly staff. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are a good size. The breakfast that is provided has a good selection of fresh fruit, various pastries, cereal, and an omelet station. I personally liked the rice and beans it made (a staple in Costa Rica). There is a grocery store across the street and is in walking distance to a large park. We did not walk to the downtown core as we took a bus, but I would estimate it is a 30 minute walk. If you are going to be taking a taxi, be sure to check that they have a meter. Friends of ours went in a taxi in front of the hotel and paid $11 US into town (it didn't have a meter) and on the way back, paid only $4.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sdigian
Corobici, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest ;

Thank you very nuch for your time in sharing with us your comments, on behalf of the Crowne Plaza Staff we will like to express our sincere gratitude.

We want to built each day an excelent preformance and create long term relationships where our guests become the HOTEL THAT OUR GUESTS LOVE.

The Crowne Plaza Family will always have a special place to welcome our guests in a very personalized way, please let us to take care of your next visit to Costa Rica.

Ana Lucia Zúñiga