“Restful stay after an adventure.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Atlanta, Georgia
“Restful stay after an adventure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I booked this hotel after saying here over 5 years ago. The hotel was formerly Tyrp Corobici.

I stayed one night before driving to Playa Carillio and the one night was wonderful. the hotel has been totally renovated. The two valets remain from 5 years ago and they are great. A tips goes a long way.

The hotel has a great location. I remembered the area, so I knew there was a 1) main Kolbi cell store behind the hotel to get a sim card for my unlock cell phone, 2) a grocery store is a cross the street and 3) the National Theater is a 15 minute walk up the main road.

Lastly, if you have a rental car or want to rent one the main highway is right by the hotel.

The staff is great. you can skip the breakfast in the hotel and find something nearby for cheaper!

Room Tip: Request a room on the left side of the building and high so you can see the mountains in the clouds...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asirmans2000
Corobici, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Guest :

On behalf of all the Staff of the Hotel Crowne Plaza Corobicí , we will like to thank you very much for the time that you have spent in sharing with us your experience at our hotel.

We are committed to our guests, develops only very good experiences, passion to our daily work is what we really feel.

Once again , thank you very much, we will be looking forward to your next visit ,

Sincerely Yours,

Sales Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was here for a meeting and like most Crowne Plaza hotels: clean and efficient. I was told this is one of the nicer hotels in San Jose. I was here for business, so it was fine, but for tourists, may not be as great since it isn't near anything and you need your own transportation or taxis to get anywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Corobici, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest :

On behalf of all our Hotel Staff we will like to express our sincere gratitude for sharing your experiences with us !!!!

Each day, we want our preformance to shine, the taste of a well done work, and this is the entire meaning for our sense of the Hospitality Industry .

Thank you very much for your preference, and we will be looking forward to host you in a near future.

Sincerely Yours;

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here in October for three nights. I lucked out and the hotel was on the Point Breaks list, so I was able to get a room for only 5,000 points.

I stayed on the club level and the continental breakfast in the morning was very good. It was a different main entrée each morning along with yogurt, fruit, beans and rice, and pastries. At night during happy hour, they had some type of warm snack along with a few other items and free drinks. The service in the club lounge was fantastic. The breakfast and happy hours saved me a decent amount of money. I don't know how much they charge to upgrade at this particular hotel, but I would consider doing it.

A couple of the reviews complained about the hotel location. There isn't much to do in San Jose to begin with, so I don't know how much better another hotel would be.

The hotel is across the street from a large park. It is about a 30 minute walk to the gold museum and theatre house. I had the opportunity to see a concert at the theater and it was wonderful.

There is a grocery store right across the street (a very busy road, so cross at the light) and a number of restaurants in walking distance. Rosti Pollos (I think I got the name right) is a roasted chicken place right around the corner. There is a Pollo Campero and McDonalds a few blocks down. If you walk out of the hotel and go to the right, then walk up Avenue Colon and there are tons of restaurants to choose from. There is also a Telcel store if you need to buy a SIM card for your phone.

The only negative was the service at the lobby restaurant. I arrived at 9pm and one of the servers tried to encourage me to go eat in the bar which I didn't want to do. I sat outside by the pool and he just made me feel like I was a bother to be there. The other waiter, however, was great. The food was okay - I just had the barbecue brochettes so it is hard to mess that up.

The hotel is supposed to have one of the best hotel gyms around, but I did not take advantage of it.

The pool is small, but it has a lot of covered seating areas. I didn't take advantage of the pool because I was there during the rainy season and it rained every afternoon that I was there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Corobici, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kindness in spending the time to let us know your comments regarding to your recent visit to our hotel.

First instance, on behalf of all the Crowne Plaza Staff I will like to apologize for the inconvenience that you have mentioned , we , the staff members we are focus on the guest service attention that is the force that moves us to feel passion for our work.

If there is a way that we could be able to contact you in order to have the complete information , to be able to apologize also in a personal way.

Please find as follows my information,

pamela.vega@corobicicp.co.cr
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

There is a large park across from the hotel, but nothing else around. There is a bus-stop just outside the hotel or you can take a 10 minute cab-ride to the downtown area. They have a good gym which I could not avail of during my short stay. The rooms are comfortable with a refrigerator and a coffee maker. Breakfast is ample but average. The restaurant on premises can provide a decent meal if you do not want to go out which is convenient. The staff is very helpful.
They had a great Travel office where you could book trips. We booked a great all day trip to the Falls and Hot Springs including breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Most rooms had good views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Corobici, Sales Coordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of all the Hotel Staff we want to express our gratitude for sharing with us your experience in our hotel. Our commitment each and every day is to become the Hotel that our guests love. ... Thank you once again, and we will be looking forward for your future visit.

Sincerely Yours

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The staff here at the Crowne Plaza is superb. I stay here frequently and the staff has always been so accommodating. In my last stay, my room would not cool down even though the AC was on full blast. Angie at the front desk without hesitation assigned me a new room and she kept apologizing for the inconvenience. She went above and beyond to make my transition to my new room flawless.

The room is cozy, you have an in-room fridge and coffee maker. There's also a dividing door between the bedroom and restroom. Being able to close off your room to the restroom and the room's door is a plus since it makes your room very quiet, also keeps the cold air from escaping to the main areas of the hotel.

I think the best thing about this hotel apart from the staff is the gym. The hotel gives you access to the "Multispa" gym. It's two floors and has a decent sized lap pool, good sized hot tub, modern cardio equipment and there's always a class going on in the upstairs section. They have a stair master there that even my modern gym in the states doesn't have. They do close the hot tub and lap pool at around 5 or 6 for cleaning so if you're looking for a swim try to get there before hand or ask the gym staff.

The Tucan restaurant adjacent to the hotel pool is great. I am not a fan of eating at hotel restaurants but the Tucan has a great selection of international cuisine, light eats and Costa Rican dishes. Mario has been my server many times there and he is attentive but never does he crowd you or making you feel rushed. If you ask him for recommendations, he knows without even looking at the menu. He and the other servers there have always been great.

If after dinner you want to catch a drink, the lobby bar is good too. Again I try not to "live" in a hotel but instead use it to sleep, but when you have a short night you really have to embrace your hotels amenities. Claudio, the bartender is great. He is always busy but always has time to answer questions about menu items or if the bar is stocked with your favorite spirit. He continually comes and checks on you and refills your ice if need be. If you get there on a weekend there is live music, a guitarist plays Spanish and English hits.

If you're concerned with the distance to the city center. it's not too bad of a walk. I have made the walk from the hotel to "Paseo Colon" which is the main street in San Jose, in about 5 minutes. That avenue is lined with US chain restaurants if that's your thing, but there's also lots of mom and pop Costa Rican food spots. It is a good 20-25 min walk to the main areas of downtown San Jose but if you're up for an adventure it's a straight walk there if you stick to just walking on Paseo Colon. If walking isn't your thing a cab can get you there in less than 10 minutes.

Overall this hotel is decent, but the staff makes it amazing. This is a great hotel for anyone looking to have good amenities at a decent rate. Safe Travels!

Room Tip: Your view choices are of La Sabana Metropolitan Park or of the Pan American Highway that leads up to...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 4rmA2Z
Corobici, Sales Cordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guest:

On behalf of all employees of Crowne Plaza Corobicí, we wish to express our sincere appreciation for the preference in our services and the time we have spent to share your experiences with us.

Our reason for being, is our customers want every day to grow as professionals we are able to achieve leave a mark on each of the experiences of our customers.

Thank you very much for your recommendation about ours coworkers.

Sincerely yours.

Sales Cordinator
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Pretty standard Intercontinental offer. Good service. Astonishingly good sports facilities including two pools, one with lane swimming, an enormous gym and more. Rooms and general building a little tired but not bad for the region. A little on the edge of town but cabs are cheap and available. Right next to the main park, yet again with lots of sports available.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Corobici, Sales Cordinator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind attention and the time to share with us your comments , at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, we are always looking forward to make our guests have a memorable stay at our hotel. This is our promise of service besides an excellent service. Means our perfect combination to keep Costa Rica in our guests minds.

On behalf of all the Crowne Plaza Hotel Staff, we do hope to be able to host you in a near future in Costa Rica.

Sincerely Yours

Sales Cordinator
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location, and the rooms are nice.
But... The wifi doesn't really work in the room.
I requested a wake up call at 5am and they called me 15 minutes too early. When I went to the reception, they assumed I was lying and didn't check the phone record. I then sent an email but they are not answering (they have a program to get a free night if they fail the wake up call).

• Stayed October 2013
Corobici, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Mr Alex:

Thank you very much for your time and for sharing it with us your comments.

It will be my pleasure to be able to contact you personally and offer our sincere apologies, the meaning of the service is very clear in our daily work.
Reason why it is very important for us to find out more details regarding to your stayed to make the changes and revisions.

As previous , please accept our sincere apologies ,

#2 of 85 in San Jose
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose la Sabana
Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 9 in San Antonio De Belen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,692 reviews
Park Inn by Radisson San Jose

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Corobici? Share your experiences!