Hotel Fleur de Lys
US$86
Adventure Inn(San Jose)
US$147
US$144
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
US$99
US$82
Official Hotel
US$102
All reviewsnational museumcosta ricarecommend this hoteltrain noiseold victorianbuffet styleno elevatornice hotelbars and restaurantswalking distancebring earplugshotel is locatedlight sleeperrooms are cleanbreakfast was includedhot watercommon areas
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel while traveling with a high school EF Tour. It was on of the nicest of the trip. Clean, beds were comfortable, had ceiling fans, decent sized bathroom & hair dryer, TV, WIFi & an internal patio. However, when opening that door you could hear what was going on in the floors above you. Our stay was pretty brief - less than 8 hours. Staff were nice. Food was average

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2012

It looks pretty from the outside and is very central, the staff were friendly and helpful but on both occasions I stayed the room was disappointing. The first room was dirty and smelt of toilet. It was also noisy. When I returned I was given a room where the window opened into the corridor/restaurant. It was musty and stuffy. The decor and fittings were tired and neglected. If being central is important then this place has character, if you notice the little things and like a bit of luxury then you can get a lot more for the same money elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

On my world trip since two years I have to say it's the nicest place I ever stayed. The staff and the manager are so friendly and helpful. Very creative and proper rooms with individual given names. They know exactly what a (world) traveller needs to have a comfort time. I also liked the well internet connection in my room:). In the lobby you can also find a very good and informative Tour Desk that can organize individual trips.

Room Tip: I saw the suite with the jacuzzi what was brilliant but to much for my budget I stayed in a lovely room on the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Fleur de Lys Hotel made already a nice impression from the outside and especially the wooden parts of the interior are really charming. The room itself was neatly clean.
The staff at the hotel was quite helpful and we could organize everything at the hotel as in a one stop shop.
The location is quite central, so you can do your sightseeing by foot. Unfortunately, there is a railway-track not far from the hotel and - even as the passing train is really slow - it makes a lot of noise to warn the car drivers, as it passes on the normal streets without any signalisation.

Room Tip: The Camelia Room in the 3rd floor has an outside balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johanna M
Reviewed 20 August 2012

First I am going to preface this review with we had a room with a Jacuzzi tub which is on the high end of their rooms so I can’t speak for the other accommodations. The room was great Jacuzzi tub, shower, wet bar and an awesome old style atmosphere made for a great little place to stay. The hotel is in a great location with many of the attractions within walking distance including the central shopping market. The only area where I feel the hotel could really use improvement is the breakfast. They have an ok selection of ok food, nothing to write home about. Other than that I would recommend this hotel as an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple