“Feels like Coming Home - Very Charming and Beautiful Colonial Style Hotel”
Review of Hotel Fleur de Lys

Hotel Fleur de Lys
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed in the Fleur de Lys several times for several days during our journey through Central America. It is one of the best hotels I stayed on my trip and is always the first choice for me in San Jose. Arriving at the Fleur de Lys feels like coming home.

The hotel is very pretty, atmosphere is great and relaxed, the staff and the manager are very kind and helpful and solved all my queries very quickly!

The rooms incl. bathrooms with different names and styles which make them very individual have a good size and are always clean! The food of the restaurant is amazing with a delicious choice we did not get on my whole trip.

The location of the hotel could not be better. It is based directly in the centre nearby many sightseeing points like the national theatre, loads of shopping possibilities and excellent restaurants and nice bars.

The Wi-Fi connection is very fast and available in all the rooms.

We are already looking forward to our next stay in the Fleur de Lys!

Room Tip: All the rooms we stayed were very good!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DownSouth2012

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We started our Costa Rica travel with a few nights in San Jose. We selected the hotel based on other reviews.
We were a bit disappointed at the end. The staff was in general kind, though service quality changed from person to person. Breakfast was supposed to be from 6 to 10, however when we came at 9, half the buffet was empty.
The building itself looks very lovely, though the rooms would profit from a remake.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel while traveling with a high school EF Tour. It was on of the nicest of the trip. Clean, beds were comfortable, had ceiling fans, decent sized bathroom & hair dryer, TV, WIFi & an internal patio. However, when opening that door you could hear what was going on in the floors above you. Our stay was pretty brief - less than 8 hours. Staff were nice. Food was average

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2012

It looks pretty from the outside and is very central, the staff were friendly and helpful but on both occasions I stayed the room was disappointing. The first room was dirty and smelt of toilet. It was also noisy. When I returned I was given a room where the window opened into the corridor/restaurant. It was musty and stuffy. The decor and fittings were tired and neglected. If being central is important then this place has character, if you notice the little things and like a bit of luxury then you can get a lot more for the same money elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

On my world trip since two years I have to say it's the nicest place I ever stayed. The staff and the manager are so friendly and helpful. Very creative and proper rooms with individual given names. They know exactly what a (world) traveller needs to have a comfort time. I also liked the well internet connection in my room:). In the lobby you can also find a very good and informative Tour Desk that can organize individual trips.

Room Tip: I saw the suite with the jacuzzi what was brilliant but to much for my budget I stayed in a lovely...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Fleur de Lys Hotel made already a nice impression from the outside and especially the wooden parts of the interior are really charming. The room itself was neatly clean.
The staff at the hotel was quite helpful and we could organize everything at the hotel as in a one stop shop.
The location is quite central, so you can do your sightseeing by foot. Unfortunately, there is a railway-track not far from the hotel and - even as the passing train is really slow - it makes a lot of noise to warn the car drivers, as it passes on the normal streets without any signalisation.

Room Tip: The Camelia Room in the 3rd floor has an outside balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johanna M
Reviewed 20 August 2012

First I am going to preface this review with we had a room with a Jacuzzi tub which is on the high end of their rooms so I can’t speak for the other accommodations. The room was great Jacuzzi tub, shower, wet bar and an awesome old style atmosphere made for a great little place to stay. The hotel is in a great location with many of the attractions within walking distance including the central shopping market. The only area where I feel the hotel could really use improvement is the breakfast. They have an ok selection of ok food, nothing to write home about. Other than that I would recommend this hotel as an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple