1,561 results
All reviews sleep number gold's gym costa rica executive floor hot tub room was large buffet breakfast close to downtown comfortable hotel nice pool stayed one night golds taxi conference cons pros country
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For a 5 start rate, this hotel is just ok. It is located in a very weird area surrounded by noisy streets. The hotel itself is nice,the rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is good although I was kind of expecting a bit more continental stuff but this is just my liking.
I have worked in hotels myself and I was a bit shocked with the customer service experience at this 5 start radisson hotel. There was lack of information from the guy at reception when you check in, in particular when without saying or explaining anything he took a deposit of my card which I though it was the payment of the room therefore I got very confused at check out when he charged me again. This could have been avoided just by explaining the hotel procedure to the customer or at least that is what I would do. The lady at the bar wasn't of much help either when my boyfriend asked for a bottle of wine and overall the staff looked like they were just having a laugh between then most of the time instead of looking after clients and be more professional - specially when you are paying a fair bit of money in a prestigious well known hotel. I would try to go to the other radisson next time or choose another place instead of coming back here.

Date of stay: May 2014
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Angelida:

On behalf of our entire staff we thank you chose us for your stay in San Jose, we are very sorry that the amenities provided were not completely to your liking, I have dealt with the human resource department to take the necessary measures to ensure that all our staff provide better service to all our guests, if we have the opportunity to serve you again and to exceed their own expectations when traveling through this area, thank you to make the points that we know we can improve and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel with our 5 month old daughter. The hotel and room were clean and well maintained. The bathroom was clean and modern and the shower was hot. The staff was great and extremely helpful and welcoming. The pool area was nice. It is walking distance to the cool areas of San Jose. There was a model photo shoot while we were there too, which was an added bonus. I would definitely stay here again if we return. My only complaint is the internet in the hotel was slow and often required resetting.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings from Radisson San Jose

Dear EvanUTVol:

On behalf of our entire staff we thank you chose us for your stay in San Jose, we are pleased that your stay with us was first class, and that our services have been to his liking and satisfaction, thank you for your wonderful comments every day makes us commit more to provide better service, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and hope to exceed your own expectations on your next visit.

Guest service Manger

Reviewed 22 May 2014

When the bellboy opens the room door, we are overcome by stale and stuffy smell. The AC is not working. The stopper in the sink is stuck in the closed position, and the water won't drain. The refrigerator has not been defrosted in ages, and the open freezer compartment has thick slabs of ice all around it. When you touch the taps in the tub, thry are rattling and you are afraid that they will come right off the wall and into your hands. The list goes on. It is hard to believe that this hotel bears the name of a reputed chain.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ramsey2000
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Ramsey2000:

Kindest regards from all our staff and my own, we would have liked to stay out of class very sorry that the hotel and the services provided were not completely to your liking, thank you very much to do if we know the details of which we can improve, we waited for another opportunity to serve you again and we can exceed your own expectations when traveling in this area.

Guest service Manger

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is not a nice place to stay. Bad location, bad food, expensive, and hasn't been renovated since the 70s. Besides the Internet working well and decent but uneven service, there is nothing I can really say to recommend this hotel. Also quite noisy -- they pump music into the hallways early in the morning and late at night. Beds have polyester pillow cases and covers. Carpets are dirty. Yikes.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Z_R1000

Dear Z_R1000:

Kindest regards from all our staff and my own, we regret that the hotel and the services offered were not completely to your liking, but if you do we are grateful to know those points where we can improve to be able to offer so better service, we ask again the most sincere apologies, we hope to have the chance to serve you with best quality.

Radison San Jose

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Even as some of the reviewers describe the hotel as being too"cold" and ugly I would agree with them to the certain extend. The rooms are in good condition though and the complimentary breakfast is a good addition. Stayed there for two nights, did not spent too much of the days inside. The staff was professional and courteous and check-in/check out was a snap. Will stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RD_GuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear MilenSt :

We are very pleased to have had a visit at our facility and give the most cordial greetings on behalf of all the staff working in this hotel and especially mine, all are grateful for your choice for your stay in San Jose, also thank your wonderful comment and rate 4 star in this prestigious web site, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon when traveling through this area.