“Nice business rest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Nice business rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean and modern hotel, located just across the Street from La Sabana Park, where you could take a long walk.
The facilities are small but neat.
Rooms are comfortable, clean with soft beds.
Few breakfast selecction, but with a great taste.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RincondelValle, Gerente at Rincon del Valle Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear client,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We always try to make our clients’ experiences unforgettable. It is very comforting for all our staff to see that everything went well during your stay.

Regarding breakfast besides the buffet, we also offer choices a la carte so you may choose from a variety of side dishes for your breakfast experience.

We thank you again and hope we will have the pleasure of serving you in a near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I arrived late in the afternoon and check in was fast and the employees very friendly. I had booked (and paid for) the night before through Hotels.com and got a very good rate for a room described as a "Deluxe Room with a King Size bed." The porter took me to my room which was quite small but that was ok, except it had a queen size bed. I double checked my email confirmation and verified that it should have been a king size bed. I went back to the front desk and they changed my room. The porter took me to the new room, which was much bigger (apparently a room for disabled guests) but the bed was still a queen. He told me he would go back and take care of it, he came back and took me to another room. This time it was a spacious room with a king size bed and an great view of the mountains! While I was traveling alone, and a queen would have been fine, I had booked and reserved a king.

The first night, as it was getting late, I decided to eat at the Hotel Restaurant. The food was good though it's overpriced. Breakfast was included though with the room which was nice. They had eggs, cooked however you wanted, Gallo Pinto (black beans and rice, a Costa Rican staple), fresh fruit, bread & croissants, pastries, and cereal. Service at the restaurant both for breakfast and dinner were excellent.

The hotel itself is very nice and it's on a quiet street off the main road. They have a small gym with a treadmill, elliptical, and weight machine that works several different muscles. There is also a jacuzzi which I did not use. The rooms were impeccable. The staff were incredibly friendly. I arranged a tour through the front desk for Sunday to the beach and the next day the young lady who booked it for me asked how it was. Everyone from the wait staff, bartender, front desk, to housekeeping always had a smile and a warm greeting. The beds are firm but not uncomfortable and the linens are high quality. The rooms are nicely furnished and they do have an in-room safe. The curtains block out most of the morning light, though some came through at one end. If you wake early not a problem, unless it's for a tour or something I don't but I just covered my eyes with a pillow and all was ok. Wi-fi worked great in the room and in the hotel. They don't have "do not disturb signs" for the doors, I have one but it's in English only so they didn't understand it. Fortunately they don't come knocking very early in the morning :-)

My last night I inquired about transportation to the airport and was asked what time I needed to go, i said 12:30 PM and he said he would arrange it. I asked about the price, he said it was $30, I said I'd think about it. I thought I remembered seeing something somewhere about it being complimentary somewhere but couldn't remember where. I checked my email and it didn't say anything about complimentary service but then I checked the hotel information booklet and it did say they offered complimentary shuttle service. I called and asked at the front desk why I was told it was $30 when their information said it was complimentary. He said that they offer a shuttle which operates on a schedule at 7:00 AM, 8:00, 11:20, and 1:20 PM. I told him I wanted to take the 11:20 AM shuttle. Yes, it got me to the airport an hour earlier than I needed to be but it also saved me $30. I was disappointed that after such excellent service, other than the room confusion at first, he did not inform me when I inquired about getting back to the airport, that they offered a complimentary shuttle.

While I'd be happy to give the hotel a five, the issue on arrival with the room and the issue with the shuttle service were disappointing which is why I gave the hotel a four.

Room Tip: Get one facing the street so you get picture windows with a view of the mountains
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RincondelValle, Gerente at Rincon del Valle Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear guest,
We are sorry to hear that at the beginning of your stay, you had a problem with the assigned room not having the bed size you requested. We are glad that the problem was solved promptly.

We also would like to apologize that at the time you reserved the transportation our receptionist forgot to mention the Free Shuttle’s schedules. Usually, they try to accommodate our clients in the schedule so that their wait at the airport is minimal.

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our staff and facilities, we use our guests suggestions and reviews to improve and change for the best.
Rhinebeck, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very accommodating staff. I rented a single, the hotel was busy, clean and the best was that the hotel provided a computer for personal use. The included breakfast was excellent. Dinner prices seemed to be rather high in price.

Room Tip: Rooms have windows, but some are not to the outside.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 42Keith
Dear guest

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and that everything you needed was taken care of. We strive that our clients have everything they need, in advance, so that their stay is uninterrupted and hassle free.
Among our services, as you stated, is a free computer for guest usage; also, we have free Wi-Fi for our guests to use throughout the hotel’s areas and facilities.

We thank you for your comments; knowing of our guest’s experiences helps us to improve.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed for one night here, as we were flying out the next day. But next time we come back to Costa Rica we plan on staying here longer. The check-in was great--quickly done and a welcome drink with a handler for our bags. The room had a great A/C unit and we were quickly turning it off because it got so cold! The shower is HUGE, though you may need to call the front desk for additional towels (we only had one hand towel for a room that could fit 4 people). And we stayed in a room right next to one of the open air plant breezeways & thought that it was cool that you could open the window to get some fresh air.

And when we stepped out for the night, the front desk coordinated the taxi for us, making sure the driver knew exactly where we were going. And the free breakfast the next day was amazing. Rice and beans, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, cheese and ham slices, and hot coffee or tea. It was a great way to end our stay in Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsToni712
RincondelValle, Gerente at Rincon del Valle Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Client

It is very comforting for us to receive comments like this. We always try to make all our clients feel like as if they are home, seeing to their every need and trying to make their stay 100% stress free. We take all our guests comments to heart and always try to improve with every suggestions we receive.

We are glad your stay was as expected and we hope to be able to serve you again when your travel plans bring you to Costa Rica.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

But there was a female receptionist very rude. I paid for double accomodation but because on my online form I wrote my name, they took it as a single occupant. Yet when I tried to explain my situation, they charged me an extra $30 for my sister.
Bell man was very attentive, and nice to me. One thing I did observe, if you don't look european then good luck on getting a good service ( not just this hotel, but everywhere in Costa Rica ).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RincondelValle, Gerente at Rincon del Valle Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Suzanne,

We are sorry there was a problem with your reservation. We are always looking for the comfort of our clients and we hope that we were able to fulfill your needs.

There is a fee when there is an extra person which was what was charged to you. This ensures that all the services provided to you will be given to the other person that is accompanying you.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and would like to let you know that we will seriously take, into consideration, all of your comments about the services offered to you. Our main goal is to improve every day and that is thanks to our clients’ comments and suggestions.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was a refreshing surprise. The service was wonderful (Allen at the front desk was outstanding), the restaurant and food was terrific and the room extremely comfortable.
My wife and I will will surely visit the hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank digitaldan111
RincondelValle, Manager at Rincon del Valle Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear client, thank you for your comments. We are happy your stay was very pleasant and above all that our staff made a difference. We hope to see you soon, so you can enjoy our newly remodeled restaurant and new dishes as well.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We met Alan ,one of the hotel staff who is friendly.very accommodating,professional,intelligent and more than willing to spend time with us and responded so well to all our questions regarding tour bookings.He is very helpful to orient us around ,very knowledgeable and has gained good rapport.including Luis and Alberto.We hope that alan and the rest will be promoted for a higher position.Rachel K and Claris

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such good comments about our staff. We are happy to see they could help you with all you requested.