“Ideal location to sightseeing San Josè”
Review of Kekoldi Hotel

Kekoldi Hotel
Ranked #36 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
“Ideal location to sightseeing San Josè”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My girlfriend and I spent 3 nights at Kekoldi. We enjoyed our staying. The room was big and the shower too. We liked the garden very much and we had all our breakfasts there. The staff was very helpful and friendly (Thanks Don Francisco and Jakub). Being very central , we visited San Josè by foot without any need of spend money in public transport.
The breakfast was good (continental type with local fruit).
With an extra $25, a driver from Kekoldi came to pick us up at the airport. (A standard cab usually ask for $30+ )
I definitely recommend it as it is good value for money.

Room Tip: We haven't seen the other rooms so I cannot really compare. We got a room close to the entrance...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights and it is a very comfortable hotel. Our room was clean, had hot water and was adequate for our needs. The hotel is located in an art deco building away from the noise but still close to all the tourist sites. A substantial breakfast is provided and sets you up for the start of the day. The staff are excellent and , by the way, the hotel has free wifi.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Derek P
florida
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I almost didn't go hear because if the last review but I am glad I did. First, calling this a hotel is being a bit pretentious. It is really a B&B which is fine by me. It was a mansion once converted into 10 individual bedrooms with individual baths. Nothing fancy but very clean. It is very convenient to the downtown but as such fairly noisy. The rooms facing the courtyard are quieter than those facing the street. Breakfast is simple but adequate with fresh fruit, juice, coffee, tea, some cereals and loaf bread for toast. The nice touch is that they will make you a couple of eggs to order included with breakfast. Give me fresh fruit, toast and cooked to order eggs and I am a happy camper. I would recommend that the owners replace the margarine like spread they provide with some real butter. Mostly though it is the staff what would bring me back. I am sure I could find other places where the rooms were more updated and on a quieter street (maybe) but the owner and staff made me feel like I was among friends. A note to the german lady who wrote the last review. Alajuela? With all due respect, do you think I would be looking for a hotel in downtown San Jose if I were interested in staying in Alajuela?

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank jbonobo
Duesseldorf
Reviewed 28 February 2014

the only good thing is the location close to the city centre. The house is old and needs a renovation. Never accept the rooms just beside the front door, because it is noisy an smelly..To sit in the breakfastroom is not comfortable, because you get all the wind going through. The owners keep the front door and the garden door open all the time. The breakfast is good. The owners are helpful during the day. But at night they disturb you. They sit at the reception until 2 am talking and laughing loudly. Their friends come and go. So it is hard to sleep at night. When you get up and tell them they do not understand what you mean. The garden is windy and shady. There are better hotels for less money.
At the end of my trip I found out that the small town of Alajuela very close to San Jose airport is much much better and nicer than San Jose itself. There you can find good and cheap hotels and prepare your further trip or finish it there.

Room Tip: never accept a room close to the front door. They are too noisy and room 1 smells bad.
2 Thank Ferien10
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was moved to this hotel when my original hotel was full.
The staff here were great and accommodating and I had no issues. I was placed in the room across from the check in area and it was really loud. But checking closed at 10:00pm or something like that and then it was fine.

From was clean and spacious and had hot water. He gardens were beautiful.

Room Tip: Maybe not across from the front desk if you want to go to bed early.
1 Thank Cdnclan
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The location of this hotel is really close to the historic downtown area, and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. For the price, its a great value and I would definitely stay there in the future!

1 Thank Michael W
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Friendly family run small hotel with personal service. Excellent location right in city centre near Plaza Morazán. Good breakfast. No real frills but good value for money. All in all good choice for a city centre stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo