Hotel La Amistad
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Vesuvio(San Jose)
Good 3.5/5
Hotel Casa Leon(San Jose)
Hotel Castillo(San Jose)
    Hotel Aranjuez(San Jose)
    Hotel Dunn Inn(San Jose)
    • Breakfast included
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsmemory foamall inclusive packagelaundry serviceper dayno elevatornight lifehotel in san josewater pressurefew blocksrudytoursmansiondollars
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 13 March 2014

I just finished staying here at la Amistad this past week and was extremely pleased with my decision to do so. it's a lovely boutique-style hotel with a small but hardworking staff. rudy and carlos at the front desk were helpful and attentive and patient with me and helped me book tours and get cabs and direct me to where I needed to go as this was my first time in costa rica. the martini bar was serviced by two lovely girls, marta and carol, who were always smiling and joking with the guests. the breakfast was adequate but the lunch/dinner menu was terrific! pretty much any meal you'd probably want was on the menu. the owner, matt, along with his Labrador pups, even took my friend and I out to jaco beach and spent the day with us enjoying the pacific coast, having a couple of pops and telling us of how he came to own la Amistad. I will certainly be back and highly recommend this hotel to anyone trying to make a decision on where to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
    5  Thank bobby s
    Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great price with lots of extras in centro SJ. One of the few that you don't get "bothered" by bar girls trying to pick up a customer like at Sportsman's Lodge. Food was very good and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
    4  Thank Tomas M
    Reviewed 6 February 2014

Ok, here it goes. I stayed at this hotel this past January, came here with a group of friends. Three of us booked rooms at this hotel, other two at another one at another and like this we spread out on different hotels. As the service was incredible and the food was so good, we kept bringing friends to eat and drink at this hotel and at the end most of my friends agreed that this was the hotel and that in the future this is the hotel that we all are going to stay in. The area is really safe, the police station is a block away! you see walking police men every few minutes, and nobody bothers you at all. The hotel is very well located to a walk distance from all the museums and galleries. The hotel does have the one disadvantage of being to close to the train tracks, making it a little loud during the day. To me and friends was not a bother as we were out all day, and at night was ok. Security and staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful, I must have to say that I feel that at this hotel I got my money's worth more than a few times. Great food, good accommodations and friendly people, what else can you ask for. I took the liberty of making a little advertising to my other friends and this is the place we will stay on our next trip, just hope this review does not saturate the bookings and make it impossible for us to get rooms in the future.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms in the front of the hotel as the noise will bother you!
    • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Angel V
    Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have been staying at La Amistad on my visits to Costa Rica for the past 12 years.
    In the past few years, ownership has changed and La Amistad has become even more of a home for me.
    The owner takes great pride in accommodating all his guests needs.
    The staff that has been there since day one continues to bring smiles to visitors' faces with their warm welcomes.
    The food is delicioso!!!!
    The bar is a warm place to meet other vacationers and talk over yesterdays' adventures and tonight's upcoming adventures.
    It is also a great place to stay to break up your different excursions in CR.
    I like to travel for a few days, back to Hotel for some RR and then venture off again.
    Thanks to everyone at the Hotel for making my stays in Costa Rica so pleasant.
    Wouldn't stay anywhere else in San Jose but La Amistad.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
    3  Thank Brian Q
    Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for a few days on my last trip and booked a week for an upcoming trip. This place is the best Non Commerical type hotel around. ALL the staff is friendly and accommodating. big chain hotels have nothing on this place. Very clean and quiet with excellent food. I will always stay here if I stay in SJO.

Room Tip: I like 215 the best, nice big bathroom next to two different stairs.
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo