“to save 9 bucks”
Review of Hotel La Amistad

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Jose
Hotel La Amistad
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After walking nearly a mile with a 70lb piece of luggage I finally arrived at Hotel Amistad. I had been told at Hotel Morazán that they could not confirm my reservation even though I had a confirmation number from hotels.com. After I explained my dilemma Mr. Carlos at Hotel Amistad got me a room, asked me to have a beer and relax while he procured me a key. I was in my room in less than ten minutes, even before I could finish my Imperial Silver. All without any reservations. I tried to book another hotel (Morazán) to save 9 dollars a night. That wont happen again. Hotel Amistad is clean, safe and has the best food in San Jose. Thanks for being my St. Jude Carlos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank michaeldelacolorado

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Once again Matt and Don have made a business trip a pleasure. This was my third or fourth time at La Amistad, and as I said, a great hotel! They go out of their way to make sure you have what you need, the bar and restaurant are top shelf. This has to be the best kept secret in San Jose. I wouldn't recommend this facility for a family, but for a business trip or just checking out San Jose it's location and amenities make it top choice for me. Going back again this month and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located and the food package is a great value! The food is excellent and that was the frequent comment when I was asked where I was staying. The hotel is an old mansion and rooms are different but all are nice. The hotel is near a commuter train track and so the rooms on that side during the week can be noisy briefly brifly the morning and evening rush hour, Very nice bar area off the lobby provides a nice area to relax anytime a day.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Virgo61
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel La Amistad is the place to stay in San Jose. It offers an All-Inclusive package for as low as $89 per night for a queen room. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as cocktails and to top it all you get your taxi paid for back to the airport if you stay at least 4 nights. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The bar/restaurant is chic. The hotel is in a quiet area but close enough to all the night life. The only downside is that there is no elevator and if you are on the third floor (top floor) it may be a problem for some. All in all, I highly recommend Hotel La Amistad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank WBalan
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Yes it is on the edge of the "red zone", but unless you import the ladies you will not be bothered. It is more a business place than a family place. The Hotel is very clean, the staff is great, the food quality is top level and the all inclusive price makes it a steal. WiFi signal is strong. Ok, the downside, the rooms are small and the fixtures are dated. Better use of space and modern furniture is suggested. I will return here again for my fourth stay as soon as possible. Toot, Toot!

Room Tip: if you sleep in, ask for a room away from the el metro
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank airdronepilot
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I just finished staying here at la Amistad this past week and was extremely pleased with my decision to do so. it's a lovely boutique-style hotel with a small but hardworking staff. rudy and carlos at the front desk were helpful and attentive and patient with me and helped me book tours and get cabs and direct me to where I needed to go as this was my first time in costa rica. the martini bar was serviced by two lovely girls, marta and carol, who were always smiling and joking with the guests. the breakfast was adequate but the lunch/dinner menu was terrific! pretty much any meal you'd probably want was on the menu. the owner, matt, along with his Labrador pups, even took my friend and I out to jaco beach and spent the day with us enjoying the pacific coast, having a couple of pops and telling us of how he came to own la Amistad. I will certainly be back and highly recommend this hotel to anyone trying to make a decision on where to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank bobby s
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great price with lots of extras in centro SJ. One of the few that you don't get "bothered" by bar girls trying to pick up a customer like at Sportsman's Lodge. Food was very good and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business