Hotel La Amistad
US$176
US$106
US$127
US$87
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
US$95
HolidayInn.com
US$99
Priceline
All reviewsmemory foamall inclusive packagelaundry serviceper dayno elevatornight lifehotel in san josewater pressurefew blocksrudytoursmansiondollars
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After walking nearly a mile with a 70lb piece of luggage I finally arrived at Hotel Amistad. I had been told at Hotel Morazán that they could not confirm my reservation even though I had a confirmation number from hotels.com. After I explained my dilemma Mr. Carlos at Hotel Amistad got me a room, asked me to have a beer and relax while he procured me a key. I was in my room in less than ten minutes, even before I could finish my Imperial Silver. All without any reservations. I tried to book another hotel (Morazán) to save 9 dollars a night. That wont happen again. Hotel Amistad is clean, safe and has the best food in San Jose. Thanks for being my St. Jude Carlos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank michaeldelacolorado
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Once again Matt and Don have made a business trip a pleasure. This was my third or fourth time at La Amistad, and as I said, a great hotel! They go out of their way to make sure you have what you need, the bar and restaurant are top shelf. This has to be the best kept secret in San Jose. I wouldn't recommend this facility for a family, but for a business trip or just checking out San Jose it's location and amenities make it top choice for me. Going back again this month and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is very conveniently located and the food package is a great value! The food is excellent and that was the frequent comment when I was asked where I was staying. The hotel is an old mansion and rooms are different but all are nice. The hotel is near a commuter train track and so the rooms on that side during the week can be noisy briefly brifly the morning and evening rush hour, Very nice bar area off the lobby provides a nice area to relax anytime a day.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Virgo61
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel La Amistad is the place to stay in San Jose. It offers an All-Inclusive package for as low as $89 per night for a queen room. This includes breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as cocktails and to top it all you get your taxi paid for back to the airport if you stay at least 4 nights. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The bar/restaurant is chic. The hotel is in a quiet area but close enough to all the night life. The only downside is that there is no elevator and if you are on the third floor (top floor) it may be a problem for some. All in all, I highly recommend Hotel La Amistad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank WBalan
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Yes it is on the edge of the "red zone", but unless you import the ladies you will not be bothered. It is more a business place than a family place. The Hotel is very clean, the staff is great, the food quality is top level and the all inclusive price makes it a steal. WiFi signal is strong. Ok, the downside, the rooms are small and the fixtures are dated. Better use of space and modern furniture is suggested. I will return here again for my fourth stay as soon as possible. Toot, Toot!

Room Tip: if you sleep in, ask for a room away from the el metro
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo